Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Cannot afford my medications
    #10304336 -

I don't know what to do. I have three highly important medications that I can no longer afford because the drug store I used to get it from closed down. I checked every other pharmacy and the prices are absolutely nuts. What can I do? Is there any type of cheap health care that pays for medications? I have charity care but it does not cover medications. What do i do?


--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cannot afford my medications [Re: danlennon3]
    #10304358 -

I meant to put this in another forum.


--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cannot afford my medications [Re: danlennon3]
    #10304791 -

You could seek out the underlying problem and try to fix it without medication.  That said, I have no idea what the condition or medications are.


--------------------
"A human being is part of the whole, called by us 'Universe'; a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest -- a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness.

This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and affection for a few persons nearest us.

Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole nature in its beauty.

Nobody is able to achieve this completely but striving for such achievement is, in itself, a part of the liberation and a foundation for inner security."

Albert Einstein

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cannot afford my medications [Re: Cannashroom]
    #10305010 -

if they are anti-psychotics fuck em go crazy... if they are benzos or sumthin go apply for medicaid or whatever dont know if thats the same as charity benefits..but they should have something through the state for people without insurance...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cannot afford my medications (moved) [Re: danlennon3]
    #10305388 -

This thread was moved from Philosophy & Spirituality.

Reason:
Probably more suited for here.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cannot afford my medications (moved) [Re: deCypher]
    #10305445 -

that sucks yeah im on charity care too right now since i took the semester off thank god i dont need medications if its anti psyches get off those things they are bad but i could be jus speaking for myself i was RXed them cause bs and i got off


--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cannot afford my medications [Re: Cannashroom]
    #10305990 -

Cannashroom said:
You could seek out the underlying problem and try to fix it without medication.  That said, I have no idea what the condition or medications are.



I am not taking any anti-depressants or anything like that... I am taking xanax for the bad anxiety that I have had all my life. Also take ambien for for insomnia that I pretty much had all my life too. I have tried every way possible to fix these problems without medications, but these were life-long ailments that needed medication to help fix the problem


--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cannot afford my medications [Re: danlennon3]
    #10306003 -

I hate to even mention this company, because they are killing America, but walmart does have a generic 4$ medication plan.  i get a few of my medications there because i am on a very limited budget and would not be able to take some of my meds without getting them there.  i take generic ambein and get it for 10$ for a 90 day supply.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cannot afford my medications [Re: rugergirl79]
    #10306254 -

maybe alternatives? kava isnt as powerful as a benzo but it helps anxiety a lot. and there are many things you can use to get to sleep.. weed alcohol, kava helps with that too. i was given an antidepressant a few times to get to sleep. probably not that helpful but i would use kava if i had no other options or until i figured something out.

Edited by organicbanana (05/08/09 02:27 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cannot afford my medications [Re: OrgasmicBanana]
    #10307131 -

melatonin may help with your sleep


--------------------
LAGM v.2.024 Grow log

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cannot afford my medications [Re: cyb3rtr0n]
    #10307350 -

yeah sucks yeah have you tried melationin and 5 Htp usage.


as for the anxiety i know with my mine i had a trigger and it was a fucking evil girl friend i had a constant pressure and pain in my chest and would have panic attacks and shit like that. tho im far over that something that occasionally gives me anxiety tho is smoking pot with certain people they usually have anxiety and then i pick up on it and start feeling it, it sucks.


--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cannot afford my medications [Re: danlennon3]
    #10307465 -

danlennon3 said:
Cannashroom said:
You could seek out the underlying problem and try to fix it without medication.  That said, I have no idea what the condition or medications are.



I am not taking any anti-depressants or anything like that... I am taking xanax for the bad anxiety that I have had all my life. Also take ambien for for insomnia that I pretty much had all my life too. I have tried every way possible to fix these problems without medications, but these were life-long ailments that needed medication to help fix the problem



ever tried weed?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cannot afford my medications [Re: zen buddy]
    #10312157 -

Both of those drugs have cheap generic brands you can buy for about $2.50. I know because I'm on them. Ask your doctor to prescribe generic. If he/she hasn't been prescribing generic to you, you've been seriously ripped off. Like, the pharmaceutical companies have raped you with a big, spiky stick, then smashed your balls up with a mallet.

BUY GENERIC!


--------------------
While there is a lower class, I am in it
While there is a criminal element, I am of it
While there is a soul in prison, I am not free.

Eugene V Debs

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cannot afford my medications [Re: kriminalelement]
    #10312161 -

Quote:
melatonin may help with your sleep



Haha. I laugh whenever people tell me to take melatonin. Anyone with serious insomnia could take a whole box of those and drive for 12 hours, no joke.


--------------------
While there is a lower class, I am in it
While there is a criminal element, I am of it
While there is a soul in prison, I am not free.

Eugene V Debs

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Anxiety Medication opinions needed RuNE 1,538 12 05/01/05 11:25 PM
by Adden
* Pot for anxiety? Lyte it Up 420 4,247 16 05/06/03 03:20 PM
by Raadt
* Insomnia FlusH 1,852 7 03/27/03 04:23 AM
by FlusH
* Anxiety!! TimeTraveler 1,929 9 08/13/04 11:11 PM
by TimeTraveler
* Best drug for social anxiety (help please)
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Mickel 17,988 63 05/21/03 09:00 PM
by SBTlauien
* Insomnia... help... Jabbawaya 1,825 19 08/18/05 06:18 PM
by PowerTrip
* Bad Trip Post Anxiety? Spleh 10,033 17 07/30/05 04:18 PM
by eve69
* insomnia
( 1 2 all )
Ole Field Trashe 3,968 25 11/24/04 03:53 PM
by n0xious

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: CherryBom, Asante, Rose, mndfreeze, yogabunny, feevers, CookieCrumbs, Northerner
1,016 topic views. 0 members, 1 guests and 4 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 17 queries.