Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: 5-HTP, Melatonin, Valerian Root

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineFlusH
Random person on Internet
 User Gallery

Loc: Bizzaro World
Insomnia
    #1404696 - 03/24/03 03:06 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Well, it has been about 60 hours so far, I have been able to sleep for an hour or two here and there but I am really starting to get overly emotional at this point. I took two 5mg diazepam at 2:00am but ended up getting a huge ass headach. I really don't know what it could be. I have had this problem for almost a year now, I have lost a job to it and had to resort to alternate forms of money making. I am extreemly active at this point of life, I swimm for 3 hours at a time once a week, hit the gym for 1.5 hours once a week as well. I also walk 2 miles every day around the forest next to my place. I have been threw some deep shit before in my life so I know it is not stress that is doing it to me now, I would be able to recognize the different feelings if you know what I mean. Does anybody have any suggestons on how to get to sleep? I have also tried many different progressive muscular relaxation tecniqes as well. Sorry for the rant, but I feel better just getting this off my mind. I feel like I am a huge annoying ass whenever I have been up for a few day's but I know this is not true. It is all in my head but this feeling is what is causing me to be overly emotional and it reall sucks. Thanks. PS. I use to take Meth + coke + E recreationally but that was over a year ago ( except for 1 cap of e 2 months ago ) so speed is not the problem ..

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineEarth_Droid
Stranger
Re: Insomnia [Re: FlusH]
    #1404709 - 03/24/03 03:30 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Dude, I just got my first amount of sleep after staying awake for about 6 days. Take a larger dose of diazepam and drink a beer or 2, that should put you out. At least you got some sleep, when I get insomnia I don't sleep at all. Just have faith that everything will be alright, when I can't sleep, drugs are the only thing that works.

Edited by Earth_Droid (03/24/03 03:35 AM)

Offlinediggitydankman
No longer aCannabisConnoisseur

Loc: Michgan
    #1404900 - 03/24/03 05:53 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I have trouble sleeping somedays. I have noticed that to me this corresponds directly to marijuana abuse. If I smoke 4-5 times a day for a couple of straight days I notice that if I dont use I have trouble sleeping. Marijuana had always given me wonderful sleep, but now that I am trying to quit I sometimes need to take a melatonin to help get those neurochems into sleep mode. Try it, it may work very well if your brains chems are a bit off and you are not releasing melatonin when your body is tired. Marijuana and X I would expect to cause this problem due to their interaction with seratonin and melatonin in your brain.

--------------------
"It's only wrong if you get caught.
If consequences dictate
my course of action
I should play GOD."

Maynard James Keenan, Tool

OfflineFlusH
 User Gallery

Re: Insomnia [Re: diggitydankman]
    #1405655 - 03/24/03 11:06 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I have really cut down on my marijuana intake, I did smoke around 4 -6 times a day, usually large sessions as well(approx 2/4g's a day), but now I am down to 1/2 joint in the evening. I have cut back 2 months ago and this is when my insomnia really got worse. I will give the melatonin a shot. Pardon my ignorance on the subject but does melatonin come in a herbal form? or is it a synthetic suplement? thanks.

--------------------

Offlinejono
misc.
Loc: Sydney, Australia
    #1407046 - 03/24/03 09:53 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Dude, I noticed you exercise a lot.

I had (and stil do occasionally) have insomnia issues. Where I feel really tired, but at the same time strangely wired, and just cant fall asleep.

What I found worked for me is magnesium supplements. Apparently you use up a lot if u are exercising and most diets are deficient in it. Get some good magnesium supplements like magnesium orotate, (dont get magnesium oxide, it doesnt work). and take 4 tablets before you want to go to bed.

Hope that it helps.

Jono.

--------------------
Our problem results from acting like cowboys on a limitless frontier when in truth we inhabit a living spaceship with a finely balanced life-support system." David C. Korton

Offlinediggitydankman
No longer aCannabisConnoisseur

Loc: Michgan
    #1407299 - 03/25/03 02:00 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Im not positive, but I am pretty sure most of the meltonin you can get is synthetic. It is not real expensive like some supplements can be.

--------------------
"It's only wrong if you get caught.
If consequences dictate
my course of action
I should play GOD."

Maynard James Keenan, Tool

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida
    #1408765 - 03/25/03 01:32 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

In addition to trying a couple mg melatonin, you might consider taking 5-HTP supplements in order to increase your available serotonin. Forget about benzodiazepine drugs or alcohol (and especially the combination, since their interaction is multiplicative, not additive, and hence has OD potential).

Hot bath for added muscular relaxation before bed (yeah, it sounds sissy, but so what, don't tell anyone), and valerian tea (the name val-ium taken from this herb), or the encapsulated herb might help, as might a couple of calcium tablets with the 5-HTP (used to help me). If this problem persists, you might check with your physician for a sleep lab to check out your EEG.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Edited by MarkostheGnostic (03/25/03 01:34 PM)

OfflineFlusH
 User Gallery

#1413283 - 03/27/03 06:23 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks for every bodies input, I have yet to fine any melatonin supplements at the moment, But I am also visiting my parents out in the country, and their vitamin selection at the corner store only includes ecinacia and Centrum. I finally did crash without any drugs and got a nice long natural sleep and I feel 100x better. For some reason it also alway's help just to talk / write about problems, it seems to put it in a different perspective and you realize that you don't have it as bad as you think. Thanks once again. Peace

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: 5-HTP, Melatonin, Valerian Root

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being