Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Anonymous

Endless big bang theory
    #1024320 - 11/05/02 02:42 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I believe in the endless big bang theory meaning after the universe is done expanding it will collapse again on itself and explode again as part of an endless infinite process. I'm sure this has been discussed before but I was going to expand on the topic.

Matter is energy condensed because of what happens during the big bang, but if it's an infinite process than the energy must have come from the first big bang if there was one. That would mean the matter would have to eventually degrade back into energy before it turns back into matter. This process is, I think, one reason for life in the universe, to turn back into energy, which is why everything must die. If this is true than maybe the a-bombs arent such a bad thing.

So if it is an infinite process and there is just as much energy to turn to matter as there was in the last big bang than in theory it should explode exacly the same. And if it did than in theory everything would evolve as it did before, the galaxy, solar system, our planet, and eventually humans. That would mean that everything happening now has already happened infinitely and will happen infinitely.

This kind of thought really interests me and i would like to talk further if anyone has more to add.

Edited by psychopsilocyber (11/05/02 07:10 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMetasyn
one

Re: Endless big bang theory [Re: ]
    #1024517 - 11/05/02 03:50 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

It doesn't necessarily have to turn out the same every time. When the universe collapses back in on itself, it forms a singularity (finite mass collapsed in on a point, or infinite density). This would effectively erase all information about the previous universe and allow it to start anew. And since quantum mechanics is (to the best of our knowledge) probabalistic rather than deterministic, the chanes of identical universes is almost zero. I think this concept is a very optimistic one, because it allows the universe to start over again from scratch and maybe make it better. I think this process would go on until the universe hosts an intelligent species capable of engineering space-time so that the universe doesn't have to collapse again, or maybe they'd create their own stable universe in which to live.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #1024891 - 11/05/02 05:53 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

The expand / contract idea has been a favorite for a long time, but the last I heard it was pretty unlikely.  They have measured the rate of expansion of the universe using several different techniques and each of them show that the expansion is accelerating.  There isn't enough mass to pull everything back together.  Of course theories have a way of changing, soooo.... :smile:

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Anonymous

Re: Endless big bang theory [Re: Seuss]
    #1025004 - 11/05/02 06:33 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

maybe enery is pulled by gravity more than matter. who knows.

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #1025026 - 11/05/02 06:44 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

i thought of this too and i believe what you do. you know the law of conservation of energy that no new energy can be created or destroyed so this holds true everything we have now all our protons neutrons neutrinos will be stuck back into its moldable clay form i think anyway. if youve ever looked at the picture of galaxies there is no formity to it light starts to bend and causes all the galaxies to look like your looking in a tunnel. this universe just isnt the only one people dont think that there is an opposing universal matter, thus called anti matter. when anti matter collides with matter in this universe there is a terrific explosion. maybe the big bang was the serperation of these forces like the seperation of yin and yang viewed as too opposing and revolving forces. maybe we switch universes when we die, from i like to call "light & dark" universe. and if your going to say that they think black holes shoot out new energy, its very possible that black holes are the void between the "light & dark" universe.

--------------------
What?

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #1025035 - 11/05/02 06:46 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

shit i was going to say.... you know how you can never remember what it was like before you were born or when you try to understand when your life actually began? well you dont remember cause there never was a begining obviously and there wont be an end, you arent going to know your dead cause youll be dead, you be on to somewhere else but it wont matter if you can let it go and let the eternal cycles flow.

--------------------
What?

Invisiblewhiterasta
Day careobserver
 User Gallery
Loc: Oregon
Re: Endless big bang theory [Re: Metasyn]
    #1025141 - 11/05/02 07:23 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

I think this process would go on until the universe hosts an intelligent species capable of engineering space-time so that the universe doesn't have to collapse again, or maybe they'd create their own stable universe in which to live. 

Unless one has this capability it is unlikely that one would be aware of those that do,soooo......how are we sure it hasn't already ocurred many times? :wink:WR

--------------------
To old for this place

OfflineTeKn0
†hè
Male User Gallery

Loc: ŵįţĥįń ? ?ŧąţĩ...
Re: Endless big bang theory [Re: Seuss]
    #1025989 - 11/05/02 11:51 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

In reply to:

The expand / contract idea has been a favorite for a long time, but the last I heard it was pretty unlikely. They have measured the rate of expansion of the universe using several different techniques and each of them show that the expansion is accelerating. There isn't enough mass to pull everything back together.

Quite true, but who's to say there is no other undiscovered force of gravitational pull.

--------------------
Listen, or your tongue will keep you deaf. :wink:
ŦēҜй? - ??ĜįĈ?? ҒűČҝĮńĜ ?đVǻŃčЄмЄńŦ

OfflinetrendalM
tangential derivation
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: Endless big bang theory [Re: Metasyn]
    #1028254 - 11/06/02 03:40 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

The idea that the history of the universe would play itself out again the same way with each expansion comes from the idea that time is a dimension. If time is a dimension then it will unfold from the singularity the same way as the other spatial dimentions unfold. History is, in this theory, just the result of the unfolding of the temporal dimension.

Oh yeah  :grin:

--------------------
The story book's been read
And every line believed
Curriculum's been set
Logic is a threat
Reason searched and seized

BTC - 1KqrSHZ1C3NsQP4g3PkHhppBnhdgyXr6sB

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1028967 - 11/06/02 06:42 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

The following is not really my beliefs, but more like random possibilities i've come up with while trying to keep things wild yet BARELY possible:

It occurred to me after a particular mushrooms trip once that hey: Big-Bangs evolve too!

This is the "most advanced" big-bang yet! and the next one will be even more "efficient" in whatever it is that they do ;-)

Its fun to think of the whole idea of life in this universe is to evade the next big-bang - somehow escape its grasp ;P

Its also fun to imagine that every big-bang is faster than the last one, and eventually entire evolutions and histories of races of forms of intelligence will come and go within seconds, all to collapse back up and explode again - these big bangs get faster and faster and faster every time until there is actually a "constant" big-bang which results in "an altogether new thing"

-=- Matt/Strumpling -=-
remember..... just a couple of the crazy random possibilities :smile:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Anonymous

#1057331 - 11/16/02 02:53 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

oops, I forgot I wrote this.

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #1057348 - 11/16/02 02:59 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Recent analasys of cosmic background microwave radiation suggests that the universe is flat.

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: Endless big bang theory [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #1057355 - 11/16/02 03:03 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

kay.. do you have a link that shows evidence? That would be really interesting because that would mean when it blew up the matter went in one direction, but in a ring. and that means there is a reason why it's flat. Maybe has something to do with what is outside the universe?

Edited by psychopsilocyber (11/16/02 04:25 AM)

OfflineEightball
whore consumer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1057362 - 11/16/02 03:06 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

i think the universe is percieved flat to us but is really wrapped around itself (in a higher dimension) so once matter reaches a certain point in expansion, it will all end up back at the origin of the universe at one point. and we start over again, and again and again to infinity and beyond

--------------------
If you're frightened of dying and you're holding on.you'll see devils tearing your life away.
But...if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels
Freeing you from the earth.

InvisibleCow Shit Collector
Patty Poacher

Loc: Random Field
Re: Endless big bang theory [Re: Eightball]
    #1057391 - 11/16/02 03:14 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

how about this:

Black holes meet other black holes. They swollow one another and a bigger more powerful black hole is formed. Then more and more come together, and when every last particle in the universe is condensed into a universal black hole, it reaches critical mass of sorts and explodes.

--------------------

Life's a garden, Dig it!
~Joe Dirt

Off Topic Website

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #1057409 - 11/16/02 03:20 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: Endless big bang theory [Re: Cow Shit Collector]
    #1057410 - 11/16/02 03:20 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I'm not too sure black holes can swallow other black holes. And that makes me think of the law of conservation of energy; when black holes take in matter to their infinate mass in a lil dot, what happens to the energy since it cant be distroyed? I know that x-rays are emitted from black holes, maybe that is what happens to it.

OfflineEightball
whore consumer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1057420 - 11/16/02 03:24 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

mass/energy would be conserved in the extremely dense point. not annialation of matter/energy but likely a hyperspacial pocket or simply a point somewhere else in space starting a new star/galaxy

--------------------
If you're frightened of dying and you're holding on.you'll see devils tearing your life away.
But...if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels
Freeing you from the earth.

Offlinecroftsk
cupcake

Re: Endless big bang theory [Re: Eightball]
    #1057714 - 11/16/02 07:42 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

the expansion of the universe will just keep on going because god is still creating the universe from its central point! that is why it is expanding :grin:

--------------------
Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes.
You are free. - Jim Morrison

Anonymous

Re: Endless big bang theory [Re: croftsk]
    #1057886 - 11/16/02 12:03 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

in my own opinion i think using god to explain the universe is the easy way out and is just counter productive. believe what you want though.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology