Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
No appetite.
    #10149370 -

Over the last 2 months my appetite has dimished to almost nothing.

I weighed 148lbs in Nov. Now I weigh 129lbs.

I've also been feeling depressed. Now my question is, "Is weight loss a sign of depression?".


--------------------
Message me for free microscopy services on Psilocybe, Panaeolus, and Gymnopilus species.

Looking for wild Panaeolus species prints. Msg me for trades.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: No appetite. [Re: BlimeyGrimey]
    #10149616 -

yup, so is weight gain (not saying you have it but sudden weight loss like that is also a sign of aids)
i had a bad bout of depression for a year and lost around 50lbs.
after that i found a hobby"growing mushrooms' and eventualy wasn't depressed anymore cuz i had something to fill all my free time.

women always used to throw me back into it but i eventualy taught myself not to let them get to me because they're just not worth it, especialy since there are others.

but my weight loss was from severe mondo depression. i wouldn't leave my bed for days, not even to eat.

do you have a story behind it?


--------------------
losers always talk about doing their best, winners go home and fuck the prom queen.

Edited by deladude (04/11/09 09:34 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: No appetite. [Re: deladude]
    #10149708 -

Yes it is. Are you on any new medications? When I was working out I was 135, then depressed 125, then wellbutrin 115ish, then seroquel 140.

now like 125-128ish

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: No appetite. [Re: BlimeyGrimey]
    #10149757 -

No real story behind it. Its just been something that I slowly noticed to be getting worse. I feel fine except for the occasional headache. The only real symptom I have is that my appetite is completely gone. I eat daily but it seems like I don't ever get "hungry".

I'm not on any medications. Last time I took any meds was antibiotics for a sore throat about a year ago.

I have been getting tired of the "same shit different day" scenario I've been living in lately.

Maybe spring will change things.


--------------------
Message me for free microscopy services on Psilocybe, Panaeolus, and Gymnopilus species.

Looking for wild Panaeolus species prints. Msg me for trades.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: No appetite. [Re: deladude]
    #10149762 -

fuck meds.  ocd/adhd/depression all managed with some good ganj

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: No appetite. [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #10149803 -

yeah i hear that. time for a change. when i get that way i usually go out and meet new people or move. things tend to get routine too quickly so i end up moving every 12-16 months or so. it keeps things interesting. so far i've been everywhere from las vegas to duluth to cleveland, and a ton in between and back again. that in itself is probably a problem but it keeps a smile on my face!
but your right spring is here and it usualy brings good times. i myself was starting to get some of the "winter blues".
sometimes something as small as cleaning up the house will snap me out of a depressing stint. i dont know something about everything being all nice and neat and smelling like pinesol makes me feel all fresh and new.
i saw your spore list, its pretty damn impressive, which tells me you definately keep busy.

go out and have a good time, treat yourself, blow a shit ton of money even if you dont have it to blow, that is always a sure way to pull me out.


--------------------
losers always talk about doing their best, winners go home and fuck the prom queen.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: No appetite. [Re: deladude]
    #10152612 -

Last night a friend told me to take some 5-HTP. Not to cure the depression but to stimulate my appetite. I took 100mg and went to sleep.

I woke up this morning with REAL hunger. Scarfed down some eggs and bacon then a bowl of cereal and a sandwich after that.

Now its lunch and I'm starving again. Time to cook another large meal and start gaining some of my weight back.

I'm starting to think I just got hit hard with "seasonal affective disorder".

I try to keep busy with my mushroom projects and collecting spores but during the winter here its hard to keep that hobby going.

I think I'll try taking different routes to work/class and small stuff like that to add some variety to everyday life.

Thanks for the help!


--------------------
Message me for free microscopy services on Psilocybe, Panaeolus, and Gymnopilus species.

Looking for wild Panaeolus species prints. Msg me for trades.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: No appetite. [Re: BlimeyGrimey]
    #10161800 -

Regardless of your mood or how depressed you are or whatever, you need to eat, period.  If you never feel hungry, just eat anyways every couple of hours so you can at least sustain some energy.  Plus most of the time it'll probably boost your mood

Also...best way to stimulate your appetite?  MARIJUANA!!! by far :obamadre:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: No appetite. [Re: Liquid Time]
    #10169069 -

Liquid Time said:
Also...best way to stimulate your appetite?  MARIJUANA!!! by far :obamadre:



It works the opposite for me.


--------------------
Message me for free microscopy services on Psilocybe, Panaeolus, and Gymnopilus species.

Looking for wild Panaeolus species prints. Msg me for trades.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: No appetite. [Re: BlimeyGrimey]
    #10169144 -

BlimeyGrimey said:
Over the last 2 months my appetite has dimished to almost nothing.

I weighed 148lbs in Nov. Now I weigh 129lbs.

I've also been feeling depressed. Now my question is, "Is weight loss a sign of depression?".




nah man its all good chicks dig skinny guys... im at 127 so you got a little bit to go before you get worried anyways...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* My Thesis: Why Americans believe Depression and ADD exist.
( 1 2 3 all )
SneezingPenis 10,858 42 08/03/06 08:45 PM
by Clean
* Fighting depression the natural way.
( 1 2 all )
0xYg3n 7,216 23 04/28/22 12:28 AM
by mndfreeze
* Need help with anti-depressants!
( 1 2 all )
simplemachine 7,627 24 08/25/19 04:22 PM
by kush407
* i think i might have figured out why I'm depressed. DistortedEyes 1,288 7 07/07/07 07:28 PM
by bodynotdead
* Depressed or just human? Slite 1,827 11 06/10/04 04:13 PM
by n0xious
* Appetite Depressing Herbs? *DELETED* xurzax 730 5 01/09/07 03:58 PM
by AlteredAgain
* I think I might have depression OJK 1,143 5 04/24/04 10:55 AM
by UncleMike
* depressed =( going to doctor tomorrow for help
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
swiftrance 18,320 130 10/28/05 03:09 PM
by Deviate

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: CherryBom, Asante, Rose, mndfreeze, yogabunny, feevers, CookieCrumbs, Northerner
839 topic views. 0 members, 3 guests and 13 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 17 queries.