Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Who says Pereskiopsis is the fastest?
    #10018825 -

Not all the time.

2 pedros grafted to pereskiops and hylocereus at the same time and exact same diam/height at grafting.  2 months later.



so all you pereskiopsis slaves :razz:


--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who says Pereskiopsis is the fastest? [Re: kadakuda]
    #10019211 -

Lol, I've had bad luck with pereskiopsis which has left a bad taste in my mouth.  Nice grafts Kada! The differences are definitely obvious.


--------------------
Solar System Necklace and MESCALINE NECKLACE Click here if you want one!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who says Pereskiopsis is the fastest? [Re: JohnAdams]
    #10019382 -

Hylocereus have three more great advantages, it can last several years without any decreasing, not like peres. It holds low temperatures so well, better than peres, and loves organic sustrates, easy to get.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who says Pereskiopsis is the fastest? [Re: ayadegasaski]
    #10019398 -

I've heard the opposite of hylocereus temperature ranges, that it cannot take low temps too long.


--------------------
:hanky:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who says Pereskiopsis is the fastest? [Re: Prof. Astro]
    #10020261 -

In winter, My hylos suffer min temperatures around 2ºC, with complelety dry substrate. When temperatures reach 25ºC, They start to growwithout any problem, but my peres drop off all their leaves and seems a bit sick. The stems lost his green color and turn brownish.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who says Pereskiopsis is the fastest? [Re: kadakuda]
    #10020550 -

that looks like a shitty short pereskiopsis stock :tongue:


--------------------
View My Gallery

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who says Pereskiopsis is the fastest? [Re: Dr. uarewotueat]
    #10023216 -

:razz:
i'll get back to you next month with a tall peresk stock then to compare.


--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who says Pereskiopsis is the fastest? [Re: kadakuda]
    #10024465 -

:awesome:


--------------------
View My Gallery

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who says Pereskiopsis is the fastest? [Re: kadakuda]
    #10024561 -

I like :thumbup:


--------------------
Wheels of cheese wheeels of cheeeeese!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who says Pereskiopsis is the fastest? [Re: Merkin]
    #10024830 -

Nice grafts Kada, I still haven't started using the pereskiopsis yet, still propagating big time lol.

So far all my hylocereus grafts have been shitty, I've only tried 2 species loph and melocactus, obviously the wrong species, as they all took month ago but no fast growth, I have seedlings the same age on their own roots, and they look better.

Have any of you tried ariocarpus on hylo  ?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who says Pereskiopsis is the fastest? [Re: kadakuda]
    #10024854 -

Sweeet!  All of my graft have failed. Me thinks , I misunderstood about how to align the stock & scion.  I think I've got it now.  I need to get back home & work on a few.


--------------------
Texas Honey Badger said:
I went to boys town in Nuevo Laredo when I was in my early ‘30s
There was a bunch of trannys even way back then
I paid probably $20 but I was so drunk I couldn’t get a hard on:faded:
-Whenever you hear 5 blasts from the emergency horn that’s the signal for a 30 minute buttfucking break-      Fiery said:
I wish I was a young sexy woman so I could have awesome sexy adventures all the time[/quote]
split_by_nine said:
i did the man bun.[/quote]
1234go said:
I don't have a dog. I can't stand em...They're needy animals for needy people.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who says Pereskiopsis is the fastest? [Re: Urb]
    #10024911 -



--------------------
View My Gallery

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who says Pereskiopsis is the fastest? [Re: Dr. uarewotueat]
    #10025167 -

doberman, hylo is great for lophs.  and ario...and most.  takes a bit to get used to grafting them though.  you gotta let them root well first, then cut the very tip of it off a month or so before using them.  i got tones of lophs and such on hylo, some of the fastest scions i have!

ario is still slow though....no getting around that one lol.

check out this lil hanazono asterias.....1cm and 27 flower buds all counted LOL...eager beaver.


--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who says Pereskiopsis is the fastest? [Re: kadakuda]
    #10025196 -

Nice kada. I really like that last pic :awesome:

EG

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who says Pereskiopsis is the fastest? [Re: ethnoguy]
    #10025576 -

:eek::cactuarrun::congrats:


--------------------
tradelist

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who says Pereskiopsis is the fastest? [Re: plainswalker]
    #10025775 -

that's amazing kada


--------------------
“No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride...and if it occasionally gets a little heavier than what you had in mind, well...maybe chalk it off to forced conscious expansion: Tune in, freak out, get beaten.”

― Hunter S. Thompson, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who says Pereskiopsis is the fastest? [Re: kadakuda]
    #10027419 -

Kada, I'm curious about your statement

"cut the very tip of it off a month or so before using them."

Wouldn't the cut area callous off?


--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who says Pereskiopsis is the fastest? [Re: Stonehenge]
    #10027529 -

if you cut the tip off and bevel the edges of the stock prior to doing the actual graft, you can let it callous and then just cut the callous off when the time to graft the scion comes.
it reduces the amount of shrinkage and obviously less freshly cut tissue at the time of grafting helps to reduce the risk of infection too :yesnod:


--------------------
View My Gallery

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* How To: Grafting Cacti CptnGarden 4,909 6 08/07/07 11:48 AM
by CptnGarden
* Grafting Seedlings To Pereskiopsis... Elementium 1,897 3 02/24/08 03:50 PM
by Knoa6
* A few grafting questions fee 939 9 09/04/08 08:48 AM
by kadakuda
* A few garden pics (loph graft/p. cartha/cacti) j_db69 3,547 15 09/11/07 10:00 PM
by kybish
* Peyote grafted on Pereskiopsis update.
( 1 2 3 all )
Una 21,864 50 05/13/05 06:57 PM
by Fluxburn
* peyote plants/grafts Blu Spore 5,904 6 03/04/05 09:08 PM
by Blu Spore
* grafting peyote seeds HELLA_TIGHT 2,223 7 02/08/06 06:06 PM
by Koala Koolio
* Pereskiopsis Question TrippingBillies 1,747 4 11/18/04 06:40 PM
by Stonehenge

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: karode13, Mostly_Harmless, A.k.a
1,497 topic views. 0 members, 12 guests and 20 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.011 seconds on 16 queries.