Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
grafting peyote seeds
    #4373779 -

I want to try and graft peyote seeds to a san pedro cactus using perskopsis, I tried to find some teks online, but they didn't help, does anyone have any good links?

Thanks


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: grafting peyote seeds [Re: HELLA_TIGHT]
    #4374283 -

Seeds? You can't graft a seed to anything.
And I'm afraid to tell you this is going to be waaayyyy more complicated than you think. The first thing you need is a green thumb and a highschool diploma in gardening/grafting, with a minor in cactus studies.... both of which I do not have.... Sure, a noob head could do a cactus graft.... with about an 8%(?) success rate :shrug:


--------------------
these long agonizing months without you...have been long and agonizing..
"War Doesn't Decide Who's Right... It Only Decides Who's Left."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: grafting peyote seeds [Re: flowstone]
    #4374432 -

I'll do it. I've got 1 button, I'm going to focus on that little guy for now.


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: grafting peyote seeds [Re: HELLA_TIGHT]
    #5277016 -

http://www.xs4all.nl/~knehnav/cultivation.htm#pic this should help on grafting and growing


--------------------
THE LUNATIC IS IN MY HEAD
<----(o)---->
Check out www.alexgrey.com! He does tools artwork from lateralus.
No harm can come from questioning. "Best" case scenerio: You prove it right without relying on the fact that it is widely accepted. Argument strengthened. "Worst" case scenerio: You realize you might have been wrong. The new answer might or might not be what you want to hear, but it beats defending yourself with bullshit.
Qoted from (Koala Koolio)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: grafting peyote seeds [Re: camelsmoker]
    #5277512 -

"Seeds? You can't graft a seed to anything.
And I'm afraid to tell you this is going to be waaayyyy more complicated than you think. The first thing you need is a green thumb and a highschool diploma in gardening/grafting, with a minor in cactus studies.... both of which I do not have.... Sure, a noob head could do a cactus graft.... with about an 8%(?) success rate"

WTF are you talking about? Obviously the highschool diploma "in" part was a joke, but your insistance that it's difficult seems truthful.

Check mushmush.nl

They may have taken down the methods section for now, so use archive.org. It's really easy, and even a "noob" can get a great success rate. I'd never planted a seed in my life. trichocereus: 10/10 grafts. And those are said to work less often than lophs. Don't spread misinformation.


--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: grafting peyote seeds [Re: HELLA_TIGHT]
    #5278229 -

Someone once upon a time told me to save grafting for the spring time when it gets generally warmer and active growth starts up again. I never tested the theory out though.

Edited by SHEIKofSHIITAKE (02/08/06 04:10 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: grafting peyote seeds [Re: HELLA_TIGHT]
    #5278462 -

HELLA_TIGHT said:
I want to try and graft peyote seeds to a san pedro cactus using perskopsis




Ok, Im not an expert on the field, but will it not be easier to graft the peyotes directly to a pereskiopsis ? Why ar you grafting together 3 species?

And I dont understand what you mean with grafting seeds on the san pedro? Are you germinating seeds in cactus meat instead of soil? Sorry if this is a dumb question

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: grafting peyote seeds [Re: giz]
    #5278596 -

Oh... shit.

I didn't even catch that. It probably wouldn't even work. You do it directly to one or the other, not some sort of Seussical contraption.


--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* maturation of grafted peyote kilgore_trout 1,946 3 03/29/05 11:10 PM
by Corporal Kielbasa
* Question for anyone w/ personal experience w/ grafted Peyote megaman3 2,905 10 02/03/04 03:53 PM
by megaman3
* Ordering Peyote seeds jojoba 3,799 4 03/12/03 10:41 AM
by neuro
* Just got peyote seeds! fatalerror 3,676 13 09/30/05 12:34 AM
by Vertigo6911
* Eating Peyote seeds ? peyotenewbie234 6,232 12 02/07/04 08:17 PM
by geokills
* Peyote seeds... AmericaNightmare 1,216 4 08/15/03 06:39 PM
by eve69
* Peyote seeds ASliceofPI 1,554 7 10/22/04 04:11 PM
by wandrnshaman
* PEYOTE SEEDS or PLANTS in the US
( 1 2 all )
star05 39,322 20 02/16/05 06:28 PM
by GNIOM1498

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: karode13, Mostly_Harmless, A.k.a
2,223 topic views. 0 members, 1 guests and 19 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.022 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 14 queries.