Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinestar05
time traveler
PEYOTE SEEDS or PLANTS in the US
    #3783153 - 02/15/05 01:31 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I'm new to this forum and this is my first post. I'm wondering if anyone from the US has had any experience with finding peyote seeds or plants from anyone here in the states? I know there are all kinds of sites from the Netherlands and other places but they won't ship into the US. Any suggestions? I talked with a cacti dealer and he said ordering from the Netherlands shouldn't pose any kind of a problem but I'd like to hear that from others that have ordered these.

Of course this is for educational purposes only.

Edited by star05 (02/15/05 02:02 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinerockstafarian
unsui

Re: PEYOTE SEEDS or PLANTS in the US [Re: star05]
    #3783270 - 02/15/05 02:12 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

You shouldnt have any problems ordering from overseas. Seeds would definately pose no threat, I might start to worry with live plants. A friend of a friend (who lives in the USA) recently ordered the site special, 100 lophophora williamsii seeds from [hope you saw it cause now it's gone, sorry :-( -neuro] and had no problems with shipping. Great site. You should check it out. Great prices too.

--------------------
^ Above post is complete fiction. ^

Edited by neuro (02/16/05 12:28 AM)

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Re: PEYOTE SEEDS or PLANTS in the US [Re: rockstafarian]
    #3783411 - 02/15/05 02:48 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Join the NAC.

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

OfflineUnenlightenedOne
Two Spirited

Re: PEYOTE SEEDS or PLANTS in the US [Re: star05]
    #3783441 - 02/15/05 02:53 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Avoid ebay.I recently found out for a fact the fbi and other agencies regularly look through the listings for illegal activity.Also ebay doesnt even try to protect your rights/privacy one bit.

--------------------
Do not desire to reach a high level.Rather work without thought of reward to iron out flaws and impurities in one's self for the sake of one's self.When one has done this one needs not to desire anymore. http://www.lifeforceonlinestore.com/yc/

OfflineUnenlightenedOne
Two Spirited

#3783450 - 02/15/05 02:56 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Seeds would definately pose no threat,

The CSA states:
(22) Peyote Meaning all parts of the plant presently classified botanically as Lophophora williamsii Lemaire, whether growing or not, the seeds thereof, any extract from any part of such plant, and every compound, manufacture, salts, derivative, mixture, or preparation of such plant, its seeds or extracts (Interprets 21 USC 812(c), Schedule I(c) (12))

--------------------
Do not desire to reach a high level.Rather work without thought of reward to iron out flaws and impurities in one's self for the sake of one's self.When one has done this one needs not to desire anymore. http://www.lifeforceonlinestore.com/yc/

InvisibleStonehenge
Gone
Male User Gallery
Loc: S.E.
Re: PEYOTE SEEDS or PLANTS in the US [Re: UnenlightenedOne]
    #3783614 - 02/15/05 03:27 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Ebay no longer even allows lopho sales. They will turn you in in a flat second. Seeds themselves are illegal and may slip through on occasion but you are taking a chance when you order from overseas. I do know a source in the usa who might swap for seeds

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

Offlinestar05
time traveler
    #3783708 - 02/15/05 03:46 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks, rockstafarian I'll check them out. Too bad we can't get some of those live plants. Sure would get a head start that way!!!

I've been looking for a long time on the internet and other places and got lucky and found this site. Cool. Not cool that my gov't sucks as far as these sustances are concerned!! Thanks to all of you guys.

--------------------
"I was just testing the bounds of reality..." ~~James Douglas Morrison

"This is the strangest life I've ever known.."
~~JDM

Edited by star05 (02/15/05 03:50 PM)

Offlinetheocean06
Yeah, I've donefour already...

#3783758 - 02/15/05 03:56 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Please take that link out of your post - It is still a source, and there are reasons people don't post sources around here. Take stuff like that to the PM's.

--------------------

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.            - Hendrix :bow:

OfflineF0SS1L
Prehistoric Cyborg

Loc: 216
Re: PEYOTE SEEDS or PLANTS in the US [Re: theocean06]
    #3785000 - 02/15/05 08:21 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Its easy to get seeds through customs. Best bet is too look for someone in the states who will trade, but if you can only get them from overseas I thought I'd let you know it shouldn't be a problem. Prices arn't bad either if you get a good deal so even if you don't get them at least you wont be out a huge amount of money for trying to get 10 yr. old live plants through.

--------------------
That's me on the street with a violin under my chin. Playing with a grin, singing gibberish.

OfflineUnenlightenedOne
Two Spirited

Re: PEYOTE SEEDS or PLANTS in the US [Re: Stonehenge]
    #3785773 - 02/15/05 10:38 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Ebay no longer even allows lopho sales.

I still see auctions for peyote although they tend to be "buy it now" type auctions though.Like this one:

h t t p : / / cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=42211&item=4358519352&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

--------------------

OfflineGNIOM1498
Death Cup
 User Gallery

Loc: My home is where my spiri...
    #3786414 - 02/16/05 12:04 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

FBI is not watching eBay they say they are there not at least not that closely. If u look up GT mushrooms under past auctions u will find a guy selling spores along with mycelium tissue. highly illegal. doubt they pay little or no attention to eBay its probably just people that work at eBay that do it.

--------------------

----ALL MY POSTS ARE FICTIONAL-------

OfflineUnenlightenedOne
Two Spirited

Re: PEYOTE SEEDS or PLANTS in the US [Re: GNIOM1498]
    #3786767 - 02/16/05 01:04 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

They do pay attention close enough but with millions of listings and limited resources they miss some things.Other times they selectively bust people only choosing to bust people they think may be worth busting such as people who have large stashes or do alot of business.

Quote:

Bill Stephens, a private investigator specializing in computer crime, said he recently made an undercover purchase of GHB from a Maryland-based Web distributor, paying $500 for a dozen vials. "No questions asked," he said, on condition that his firm's name or location not be released. The drugs arrived by Airborne Express air courier, Stephens said. In another investigation, Stephens said he purchased opium poppy seeds in an online auction at eBay.com, receiving an instruction sheet detailing the process for extracting sap from the flower bulbs and making opium. A recent visit to the eBay site found a packet of 1,500 opium poppy seeds for sale with the message: "These seeds are intended for aesthetic and culinary purposes only. Please check local regulations before buying." An eBay spokesman said the company doesn't prohibit sales of items that are legal in most states, such as opium poppy seeds.

Internet dealers also sell kits for making rohypnol, also known as roofies or the date-rape drug. The kits contain most of the ingredients needed to mix up a batch of the illegal chemical, said U.S. Customs Service spokesman Dean Boyd. "Our Cyber smuggling Center is looking at this," said Boyd.

http://www.crimcase.com/news/issue3no39.html

Quote:

VALLEJO
FBI arrests couple in diabetic-test-strip theft and scam
Joint FDA probe shows illegal EBay sales hit $1.5 million

If they are busting people for stolen diabetic strips on ebay you can guarantee they are busting other illegal items.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2004/04/22/BAG9368TJR1.DTL

Quote:

Online auction site eBay Inc. confirmed Wednesday that the FBI has launched a probe into whether people are committing fraud by bidding up the prices of their own items.

Lots of evidence to show they are presently investigating ebay for a variety of things.

http://money.cnn.com/2000/06/07/companies/ebay/

Quote:

While law enforcement agencies and professional sports organizations say they are doing everything they can to muscle anabolic steroids off playing fields and out of gyms, the drugs remain readily available to anyone either blind to the risks or willing to gamble their health in pursuit of a perfect set of ?ripped" pecs. Until last week such rash purchasers didn?t even have to leave their homes to procure the illegal strength-building drugs ? they merely had to log onto eBay.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6809149/

While I havent come across articles where the FBI admits to looking for illegal drugs on ebay, evidence seems to point to it.I dont think they are going to directly admit to it.But if they are busting lesser things on ebay you can guarantee illegal drugs and similar items are on the list.

I also know that some online groups and individuals have openly admitted to contacting the FBI about drugs being sold on Ebay.

Also dont use paypal for anythign suspicious (aside from their new policies) since ebay now owns paypal and thats why paypal's policies have changed.

--------------------

OfflineUnenlightenedOne
Two Spirited

Re: PEYOTE SEEDS or PLANTS in the US [Re: GNIOM1498]
    #3786788 - 02/16/05 01:08 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

They generally seem to scan listings briefly and they also respond to complaints about illegal drugs and plants and etc being sold on Ebay (and obviously other web vendors).

Narcs are a dime a dozen.  :rolleyes:

--------------------

Offlinerockstafarian
unsui

#3789153 - 02/16/05 02:16 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

UnenlightenedOne said:
Quote:

Seeds would definately pose no threat,

The CSA states:
(22) Peyote Meaning all parts of the plant presently classified botanically as Lophophora williamsii Lemaire, whether growing or not, the seeds thereof, any extract from any part of such plant, and every compound, manufacture, salts, derivative, mixture, or preparation of such plant, its seeds or extracts (Interprets 21 USC 812(c), Schedule I(c) (12))

No shit unenlightened one. I didnt say it was legal. I said that it should pose no threat. Even the most educated cactus experts would find it difficult to differentiate between loph seeds and other legal cacti seeds, and I'm sure customs can't either. The reason I listed that source is because they don't label their seeds in the mail. Whether or not they admit it, overseas vendors know loph seeds are illegal in the USA, and they dont want to be held responsible either.
Sorry about listing a source, I wasnt aware that it was a problem. Won't do it again. I had made a post several months ago requesting a source for loph seeds, and was given that site in the thread. Nobody cared then.
How is it bad to give a source in a thread? The shroomery sponsors page is full of them. I don't mean to bitch,... just curious.

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
    #3789288 - 02/16/05 02:59 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

rockstafarian said:
How is it bad to give a source in a thread? The shroomery sponsors page is full of them. I don't mean to bitch,... just curious.

Quote:

rockstafarian said:
The shroomery sponsors page is full of them.

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

Offlinerockstafarian
unsui

Re: PEYOTE SEEDS or PLANTS in the US [Re: dblaney]
    #3789291 - 02/16/05 03:00 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

--------------------

OfflineUnenlightenedOne
Two Spirited

#3789307 - 02/16/05 03:03 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

No shit unenlightened one. I didnt say it was legal. I said that it should pose no threat.

No need to be condescending. :frown:

It was unclear as to what you meant IMO.I was just making sure people knew it was illegal as everyone that comes here doesnt know every US drug law.I appologize if I came off wrong.

--------------------

Offlinerockstafarian
unsui

#3789315 - 02/16/05 03:05 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Sorry, I see your point. I should have been more clear. I guess I was just a bit defensive when clarifying. 5 for you

--------------------

OfflineUnenlightenedOne
Two Spirited

#3789346 - 02/16/05 03:16 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I just want people to know that theyre taking a risk because its not fair for anyone to think its legal and then get into trouble.

(Not that drug laws are in any way fair. lmao )

--------------------

Offlinerockstafarian
unsui

#3789408 - 02/16/05 03:30 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, I assumed that the original author knew that any form of loph was illegal in US since they already knew that any order was going to have to come from overseas. But I definately see what you are saying, I need to remind myself not to make any assumptions.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: San Pedro

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden