Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineteeter
Mindfucked
Male User Gallery

Loc: Philadelphia PA
Binaural Brainwaves
    #10004160 - 03/19/09 08:48 PM (15 years, 3 days ago)

aight so i was reading up on salvia here: http://www.the-salvia-dream.com/index.html
its got some nice info on good sites to buy from and what type of extract to get

anyway, ive been interested in lucid dreaming for some time now and so naturally when i saw something on that site linking salvia and lucrid dreaming.....i clicked the link

its took me here: http://www.store.unexplainable.net/products/lucid.php?u=&et1=&et2=&et3=&et4=
now to me this looked really cool (im kinda guillible....i like to hope that something is as good as it seems....since i know this i usually am careful about it tho)....but i was naturally skeptical....the lucid dreaming/meditation/shaman/obe stuff sounded cool, but a sight that talks about weight loss and telepathy is always suspect imo

anyway i went to youtube and found a video of one of the tracks....i dont think its one of the ones actually sold by them....but its the same idea...this one is structured to meditation:

i was majorly skeptical but i took 10 minutes and closed the door, turned off the lights, hit play, turned off the monitor (no light at this point) and just listened for roughly 6 minutes out of the 10

i swear to fucking god i got the deepest meditation i've ever experienced.....i have the common problem of all novice meditators: racing thoughts and when i try to calm them, it just fuels them when i think "stop thinking"....i sat there for 5 minutes trying to meditate and doing the usual racing random thoughts thing....then it just hits me, i felt like my mind was "stretching" like it was a membrane of reality and i was on the verge of breaking free and then i sank into this crazy nearly thoughtless (i kinda paniced and began thinking again, but maintained the trance) trance

i could only even hold it for like 1 minute because it was so much more intense than anything i had ever gotten through meditation before....

anyone else tried this or a similar product with similar (or different) results?
also anyone know where i can get this for free....it would be fairly expensive on that site....like 150$ for the ones that interest me....id rather get em for free if anyone knows where?

--------------------
"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things through narrow chinks of his cavern." - William Blake

"Psychedelics helped me to escape.. albeit momentarily.. from the prison of my mind. It over-rode the habit patterns of thought and I was able to taste innocence again. Looking at sensations freshly without the conceptual overlay was very profound." - Ram Das

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleKnifey Mcstab
Sir Prancelot Brainfire
Male

Loc: PNW
Re: Binaural Brainwaves [Re: teeter]
    #10004244 - 03/19/09 09:03 PM (15 years, 3 days ago)

None of that crap ever worked for me, and I-doser is a huge joke.

--------------------

Offline1upshroom
Plant Collector
Male

Loc: On the eastern edge
    #10004259 - 03/19/09 09:04 PM (15 years, 3 days ago)

Personally I like CD's that have nature type sounds Rain or Ocean. I can sometimes really get in to a deep state with either. Even better if I smoked something first. :tongue:

Offline1upshroom
Plant Collector
Male

Loc: On the eastern edge
Re: Binaural Brainwaves [Re: Knifey Mcstab]
    #10004272 - 03/19/09 09:07 PM (15 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

Mandrake said:
None of that crap ever worked for me, and I-doser is a huge joke.

Yeah I agree there I just use the sounds to relax seems to work if you just breath deep and let everything go. I have heard of I-doser but never used it.

OfflineCokedUpHobit64
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Binaural Brainwaves [Re: 1upshroom]
    #10004273 - 03/19/09 09:07 PM (15 years, 3 days ago)

Really relaxing.

Good catalyst for meditation session.

--------------------
So good to see you, I've missed you so much.

Offlineteeter
Mindfucked
Male User Gallery

Re: Binaural Brainwaves [Re: Knifey Mcstab]
    #10004286 - 03/19/09 09:09 PM (15 years, 3 days ago)

ya i was really skeptical....it screamed fake, but it worked alright for me

just googled i-doser....looks retarded, even that scam looking site i linked looks better than the I-DOSER!!!!!

but ya the video i linked worked really well in a dark room.....MUCH better than plain meditation, i could almost describe it as being high

--------------------
"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things through narrow chinks of his cavern." - William Blake

"Psychedelics helped me to escape.. albeit momentarily.. from the prison of my mind. It over-rode the habit patterns of thought and I was able to taste innocence again. Looking at sensations freshly without the conceptual overlay was very profound." - Ram Das

InvisibleGeomancer
Seeker of Wisdom
Loc: the shadows of your mind
    #10004378 - 03/19/09 09:23 PM (15 years, 3 days ago)

Binaural waves are meant to be listened to with headphones, or else they are not effective, I think.  I believe how it works (I could be completely wrong here though) is there are two different tones in each ear, and your brain creates a third tone that is the average of the two. 

Ex.  If the Right ear was hearing 300 MHz tone and Left was hearing a 330 MHz tone, your brain will create a third tone that is resonating at 315 MHz.  I think the idea could be that you could use binaural offset to make your brain create a wavelength that is identical/similar to the waves during different stages of sleep/meditation to artificially bring you to that state of mind quickly.

I'd like to hear from anyone with some experience with this though, it sounds interesting.  I met someone who made binaural beats a while back, but at the time I wasn't too interested so didn't pay too close attention to what he said it was about.

--------------------
:stoneowl:                                                                                                :watchingyou:                                                                                                :stoneowl:

Edited by Geomancer (03/19/09 09:41 PM)

Offlineteeter
Mindfucked
Male User Gallery

Re: Binaural Brainwaves [Re: Geomancer]
    #10004430 - 03/19/09 09:32 PM (15 years, 3 days ago)

ya thats how i understand it to work as well....i think the "beats" part is because the third wave is actually a beat in ur head, not a tone....its like bum, bum, bum at frequency x

also update: second session was nice, but i didnt "breakthrough" i was on the edge, but i didnt go over into a higher level of meditation....im thinking it was the "homerun effect" (baseball player hits a home run....next at bat he strikes out because he was swinging for the fences)

--------------------

Invisiblelavod
Seal Whisperer
 User Gallery

Loc: Over the rainbow
Re: Binaural Brainwaves [Re: Geomancer]
    #10004605 - 03/19/09 09:53 PM (15 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

Geomancer said:
Binaural waves are meant to be listened to with headphones, or else they are not effective, I think.  I believe how it works (I could be completely wrong here though) is there are two different tones in each ear, and your brain creates a third tone that is the average of the two. 

Ex.  If the Right ear was hearing 300 MHz tone and Left was hearing a 330 MHz tone, your brain will create a third tone that is resonating at 315 MHz.  I think the idea could be that you could use binaural offset to make your brain create a wavelength that is identical/similar to the waves during different stages of sleep/meditation to artificially bring you to that state of mind quickly.

I'd like to hear from anyone with some experience with this though, it sounds interesting.  I met someone who made binaural beats a while back, but at the time I wasn't too interested so didn't pay too close attention to what he said it was about.

More or less, but 300hz and 330hz would produce a frequency of 30hz, which would be a beta frequency.  I have a photosonix luma 10 which I use on occasion and have written about here before.  Very pricey but, yes, it does work to some degree; especially with the visual stimulation.  I'm particularly fond of using it in conjunction with serotonergics and/or nmda antagonists!!  But using just the sonic beats most definitely aids in deeper meditation.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom