Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineIrSotallyTober
FUCK THAT FUCKING PUPPET OBAMA
Male User Gallery

Loc: central florida
We are a week away from the vote on California state Bill 390, to legalize and tax marijuana!
    #9999670 - 03/19/09 08:59 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

this would be huge, not just for pot-heads, or California, but for the entire country! the rest of the U.S. follows California's lead. this would boost the national economy, and make the world a lot better place for smokers, and non-smokers alike. while i am registered with NORML, and fully support it, sadly,there are, in my opinion, just too many far right-extreme conservatives for this to pass. i cant grasp an opinion as to how this vote will come out on the norml sight, because everyone on there is just so gung-ho about it. what do you guys think will happen?
how do you feel about it?

save the great green ganja!

--------------------
There are things known and there are things unknown, and in between are the doors of perception -Aldous Huxley

Once I saw a duck walking down the street so I went into Subway and ordered two pieces of bread, and they informed me that they could not do that, like there was some special rule at Subway that two pieces of bread weren't allowed to touch. So the woman asked me what I wanted on the sandwich and I said I do not care it is for a duck, and she was like oh then it's free. I was not aware that ducks eat for free at Subway. It's like give me a chicken fajita sub, but don't worry about ringing it up, it is for a duck. -Mitch Headberg

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleseek
Pain never felt so wonderful.
Male

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Re: We are a week away from the vote on California state Bill 390, to legalize and tax marijuana! [Re: IrSotallyTober]
    #9999683 - 03/19/09 09:04 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

YOU MOTHERFUCKERS BETTER NOT LET THE REST OF US DOWN

:mad2:

THATS HOW I FEEL

UNNECESSARY CAPS AND LACK OF PUNCTUATION

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
Re: We are a week away from the vote on California state Bill 390, to legalize and tax marijuana! [Re: IrSotallyTober]
    #9999687 - 03/19/09 09:06 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Good luck to you guys with that. I'd like to see that happen in my state too, some wonderful day. :potleaf:

OfflineRebirtha
I really like bread
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: over there
    #9999757 - 03/19/09 09:30 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

If you are in California write your representative if you already haven't it takes less than a minute if you just use the existing format:

http://capwiz.com/norml2/issues/alert/?alertid=12758896

Offlinecitricacidx
FunGuy
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: GA
Re: We are a week away from the vote on California state Bill 390, to legalize and tax marijuana! [Re: Le_Canard]
    #9999759 - 03/19/09 09:32 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

This would help the world. It sounds a little exaggerated, but think of how many countries would stop their War on Cannabis since Big Brother USA stopped. Economic gold mine my friends.

--------------------

InvisibleGreen_T
 User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
Re: We are a week away from the vote on California state Bill 390, to legalize and tax marijuana! [Re: citricacidx]
    #9999764 - 03/19/09 09:33 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

If that doesnt pass, how large do you think the protest will be?

--------------------

"I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man" - Thomas Jefferson

Legalize Meth | Drug War Victims

Offlinecitricacidx
FunGuy
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: GA
Re: We are a week away from the vote on California state Bill 390, to legalize and tax marijuana! [Re: Green_T]
    #9999767 - 03/19/09 09:36 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I'm hoping for something on level with the Rodney King riots. But if it doesn't pass, most likely there will just be a bunch of butthurt blogs and posts

--------------------

Offlinealtershroom
Earth Cohabitant
Male

Loc: under a lake in the north...
Re: We are a week away from the vote on California state Bill 390, to legalize and tax marijuana! [Re: citricacidx]
    #9999784 - 03/19/09 09:40 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

No way! Stoners don't get violent. The most they would do is probably toss a bag of Doritos at the TV.

Offlineskatealex2
////////////////
 User Gallery

Re: We are a week away from the vote on California state Bill 390, to legalize and tax marijuana! [Re: altershroom]
    #9999796 - 03/19/09 09:45 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I'm excited!!!!! Hope this goes through!! If this goes through, it will send a positive message about cannabi9s everywhere:bigblunt:

Offlineetc9otenBUcktwO
Stranger (but not to ur mom)
Re: We are a week away from the vote on California state Bill 390, to legalize and tax marijuana! [Re: skatealex2]
    #9999807 - 03/19/09 09:48 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

It's hard to tell if it will get passed, most likely not, but it would really be interesting to see how it impacted the economy and society on the whole.

Offlinesuburbanned
Stranger

Re: We are a week away from the vote on California state Bill 390, to legalize and tax marijuana! [Re: etc9otenBUcktwO]
    #9999817 - 03/19/09 09:51 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

if prop 8 was passed, there is NO WAY this will pass

InvisibleGreen_T
 User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
Re: We are a week away from the vote on California state Bill 390, to legalize and tax marijuana! [Re: suburbanned]
    #9999854 - 03/19/09 09:59 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Good point SubT. Are there more homophobes or pot lovers in California? :strokebeard2:

--------------------

"I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man" - Thomas Jefferson

Legalize Meth | Drug War Victims

Offlinesuburbanned
Stranger

Re: We are a week away from the vote on California state Bill 390, to legalize and tax marijuana! [Re: Green_T]
    #9999932 - 03/19/09 10:15 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

i really don't see anybody who wants marijuana legalized to be a homophobe, but i'm sure there are some.

Offlinealtershroom
Earth Cohabitant
Male

Loc: under a lake in the north...
Re: We are a week away from the vote on California state Bill 390, to legalize and tax marijuana! [Re: suburbanned]
    #9999953 - 03/19/09 10:21 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Let's not kid ourselves. Unfortunately there is a very slim chance of this passing but think of the all the wonderful opportunities this would open up?

I for one am at a real crossroads in my life and can only think of one thing I want to do in life and that is to grow med. ganj for the sick. If this does actually pass I will sell what I own and move to Northern California! 

These are interesting times we live in indeed.

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

#10002672 - 03/19/09 05:10 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

In all reality, I'm going to be honest and say it is probably not going to pass...This time. But this is quite a big move, to actually see something like this being considered and voted on. If i would of heard about this a year ago i probably wouldn't of believed it.

I do think it is interesting, though, from watching the media coverage and the local news on this topic. The media seems to have changed their spin on cannabis, all of a sudden they are acting like weed isn't a big deal and sure let it be legalized and taxed. While a few months ago they would still be putting out stories of the "Devils Weed". My local morning news was having people e-mail/call in with what they think about Bill 390, almost everyone that called in was in support of it. It got to the point where they were actually asking people that opposed the idea to call in, which resulted in this one old timer calling and talking about some religious schpeel.

We really need this, it would be such an enormous step..not just forward but many different directions. I think it would open up the possibilities for so many different things to be reconsidered and reformed.

--------------------

Offlinetwighead
mͯó
I'm a teapot

Loc: Glenn Gould's Fuck Windmill Flag
    #10002736 - 03/19/09 05:24 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

suburbantoker said:
i really don't see anybody who wants marijuana legalized to be a homophobe, but i'm sure there are some.

You sure? think of all the poor ghetto kids in LA etc. who probably would on one hand love weed to be legalized and on the other hate "fags"

--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?

OfflineKupo
Kupop!

Re: We are a week away from the vote on California state Bill 390, to legalize and tax marijuana! [Re: altershroom]
    #10002750 - 03/19/09 05:26 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

altershroom said:
Let's not kid ourselves. Unfortunately there is a very slim chance of this passing but think of the all the wonderful opportunities this would open up?

I for one am at a real crossroads in my life and can only think of one thing I want to do in life and that is to grow med. ganj for the sick. If this does actually pass I will sell what I own and move to Northern California! 

These are interesting times we live in indeed.

I wonder how many people are going to try this if it does actually happen.

OfflineDragonChaser
Ice in Her Ass and Pussy
Male User Gallery

#10002765 - 03/19/09 05:29 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

suburbantoker said:
if prop 8 was passed, there is NO WAY this will pass

Prop 8 was a vote among the people though, and isn't this a vote among Cali Congress?

--------------------
My name is Mud

OfflineRebirtha
I really like bread
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: over there
Re: We are a week away from the vote on California state Bill 390, to legalize and tax marijuana! [Re: DragonChaser]
    #10002828 - 03/19/09 05:41 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Here is how it works in California for bills introduced by an Assembly Member: http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/bil2lawx.html

To break it down simply

-A bill is introduced and then assigned to a the appropriate subcommittee. They vote on it, and if they get a majority vote it's read on the House floor.

-There are 40 Senators and 80 Assembly Members representing the people of the State of California. Bills that require an appropriation or that take effect immediately, generally require 27 votes in the Senate and 54 votes in the Assembly to be passed. Other bills generally require 21 votes in the Senate and 41 votes in the Assembly. If a bill is defeated, the Member may seek reconsideration and another vote.

-If that's approved in the house it goes to another house vote and procedure repeated.

-If a bill is amended in the second house, it must go back to the house of origin for concurrence, which is agreement on the amendments

-Then goes to the Governator for signing

A long set of steps, let's hope logic prevails

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds