Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: Have any of you tripped while spelunking? [Re: TameMe]
    #9959663 -

That's the kind of cave where it's be really easy to trip in. What!? You meant psychedelics?


--------------------
“It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong”  -Voltaire

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Have any of you tripped while spelunking? [Re: TameMe]
    #9959667 -

Quote:
so did you actually take the ride while tripping?



Lol no, I can just picture something insane like that happing.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Have any of you tripped while spelunking? [Re: TameMe]
    #9959675 -

TameMe said:
Tien said:
You know what'd be sick?
...tripping in the cotocombs under Paris. fuuuuuck.




:oogle: no thanks.



...to Nine Inch Nails.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Have any of you tripped while spelunking? [Re: TameMe]
    #9959676 -

Once while tripping on acid, myself and 2 friends ventured 2 miles from our campsite at about 3am down a path to go into this cave. We brought flashlights and this cave went back in 2 or 3 directions hundreds of feet back into this cliffside. It was really awesome. We sat down in one of the caverns and turned off the lights and listened to the stream that was running through. It was a really awesome time until I imagined our flashlights dying somehow and I got really really paranoid and had to go back to the entrance

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Have any of you tripped while spelunking? [Re: FuzedBox]
    #9959723 -

FuzedBox said:
That's the kind of cave where it's be really easy to trip in. What!? You meant psychedelics?




lol what did you think i meant?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Have any of you tripped while spelunking? [Re: TameMe]
    #9959734 -

TameMe said:
so did you have a good or bad experience?



it was a great time with a few exceptions, the cave I tripped in
is one I'm really familliar with, I go a couple times a year to
this particular cave for the last 20 years, there's a few spots
where it got a little tight when it normally wouldnt, and at the
top of the waterfall I slipped, fell 18 feet and barely missed
the rocks below, I did hit a large lump of mud, I made it out of
the cave but it wasnt an easy task with a 30ft rope climb to get
back to the upper levels

I was about 3 miles back in the cave when I fell, could have
happened sober so I'm not blaming the drugs

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Have any of you tripped while spelunking? [Re: Hits of Sunshine]
    #9959737 -

Hits of Sunshine said:
Once while tripping on acid, myself and 2 friends ventured 2 miles from our campsite at about 3am down a path to go into this cave. We brought flashlights and this cave went back in 2 or 3 directions hundreds of feet back into this cliffside. It was really awesome. We sat down in one of the caverns and turned off the lights and listened to the stream that was running through. It was a really awesome time until I imagined our flashlights dying somehow and I got really really paranoid and had to go back to the entrance



yeah i don't know if i would do that.

all i've got to worry about is other people basically.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Have any of you tripped while spelunking? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #9959746 -

Prisoner#1 said:
TameMe said:
so did you have a good or bad experience?



it was a great time with a few exceptions, the cave I tripped in
is one I'm really familliar with, I go a couple times a year to
this particular cave for the last 20 years, there's a few spots
where it got a little tight when it normally wouldnt, and at the
top of the waterfall I slipped, fell 18 feet and barely missed
the rocks below, I did hit a large lump of mud, I made it out of
the cave but it wasnt an easy task with a 30ft rope climb to get
back to the upper levels

I was about 3 miles back in the cave when I fell, could have
happened sober so I'm not blaming the drugs



damn dude...there's no way in hell i could climb 30ft with a rope while peaking on mushrooms.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Have any of you tripped while spelunking? [Re: TameMe]
    #9959799 -

if I didnt make the climb I'd have had to have the rescue team get
me out, no way I'm suffering that embarassment, the caves I hit are
pretty rugged, no fewer than 5 people, no more than 10 in the
group, it teaches you to work as a team in many areas, if someone
gets hurt there's 3 methods of getting out, your friends get you
out, you get yourself out with their assistance or the rescue team

I've only been to one with a guided tour, it would be the safer
option for tripping, not like petty johns, it's 7 miles of muddy
wet hell

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PettyJohns_Cave

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Have any of you tripped while spelunking? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #9959822 -

I'd literally trip in there if I was trippin', that's what I meant. :shrug:


--------------------
“It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong”  -Voltaire

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Have any of you tripped while spelunking? [Re: Tien]
    #9960171 -

Tien said:
You know what'd be sick?
...tripping in the cotocombs under Paris. fuuuuuck.



id be down with that. i think id get lost and end up shitting my pants before i came down though.


--------------------

the pillars of the universe are taking a break at the moment, please call again

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Have any of you tripped while spelunking? [Re: Big_Whoop]
    #9960203 -

I don't think I'd like to trip in a cave. I could imagine getting a bit closterphobic or something. Feeling a bit confined.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tripping in a cave....is this a good idea? [Re: TameMe]
    #9960228 -

TameMe said:
i fucking love caves.

Quote:

 
NPS Photo by Peter Jones.
The Hall of Giants in the Big Room of Carlsbad Cavern.



The basic tour through Carlsbad Cavern is the Big Room route, a one-mile, self-guided underground walk around the perimeter of the largest room in the cave, the Big Room. An audio guide notably enhances the tour. Taking approximately 1� hours, this circular route passes many large and famous features including Bottomless Pit, Giant Dome, Rock of Ages, and Painted Grotto. Highly decorated and immense, the Big Room should be seen by all park visitors.

Access to the Big Room is provided by elevators located in the visitor center. The relatively level and well-lit trails make this the ideal tour for visitors with limited time or walking difficulties.



i'll probably have walking difficulties...meaning i'll just want to sit and stare at shit.

god i hope there won't be too many people there.

it's a pretty freaking huge room...
Quote:
Just how BIG is the Big Room? The Atlas of Great Caves of the World by Courbon, Chabert, Bosted & Lindsley published in 1989 states that the floor area of the Big Room in Carlsbad Cavern is 33,210 square meters. 33,210 sq. meters equals approximately 357,480 sq. ft. A football field is 360 feet long (including the end zones) by 160 feet wide or equal to 57,600 sq. ft. By dividing 57,600 sq. ft. into 357,480 sq. ft., you roughly get that 6.2 football fields would fit into the Big Room. In acres, one acre is equal to 4,840 sq. yards or 43,560 sq. feet. Divide 43,560 sq. ft into 357,480 sq. ft. and we find that the Big Room is 8.2 acres in size (more or less).






if you have to ask, i would say probably not.


i would def do it at least once though. a thing about tripping i've noticed is that if i have to be moving (even riding a bike through the desert tripping at burning man) its better to just go all out and accept the task.

so it seems kinda fun to me.


--------------------
I don't believe in cops, bosses, or politicians. Some call that anarchism. I call it having a fucking heart that beats.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tripping in a cave....is this a good idea? [Re: igwna]
    #9962563 -

if i ask probably not? i like your advice about accepting the task though.

risks reap rewards my friend!

anyone else trip in a cave before?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tripping in a cave....is this a good idea? [Re: TameMe]
    #9962616 -

Caves at night can be cool, as long as you aren't claustrophobic or easily freaked out. Turning off the flashlights and sitting in darkness can be pretty interesting... one of my coolest shroom experiences involved going deep into a cave with 5 other trippers, sitting in complete silence without lights for a few minutes. Got some pretty crazy thoughts running through my head :crazy2: :thumbup:

edit: no experience tripping in a cave such as the one in your post, but i can't imagine it being too terrible


--------------------
On the scale of wibble to wobble...

Edited by Lethal Dose (03/13/09 01:09 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tripping in a cave....is this a good idea? [Re: TameMe]
    #9962655 -

....mmm...cave water is good.

I hope to trip in a cave some day.

I would also be weary of the 'regular' folks that are their for spelunking....hopefully you keep you're cool if things get too weird.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tripping in a cave....is this a good idea? [Re: TameMe]
    #9986283 -

wow...

i've got to say...

tripping in new mexico is awesome. i highly recommend going to carlsbad caverns national park...getting a back country permit...do some rugged camping and tripping in the cave. that cave is massive. 750 ft. undergroung...and like 14 football fields worth of area. it was fucking awesome.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Carlsbad California thewickymaster 669 10 01/25/09 09:01 PM
by FurrowedBrow
* Remember the time you had your first 3rd eye cosmic spelunking? twighead 370 6 11/07/16 01:38 PM
by twighead
* Spelunking! gzuf 949 14 01/12/11 01:31 AM
by LosAngelesGraff
* Tripping in Dreams
( 1 2 all )
Dreamer987 6,041 32 10/09/20 07:00 AM
by Shroomhunts
* CD recommendations ( Sun Ra, Monk, Miles, or add your own) Adom 1,220 8 12/08/03 11:21 PM
by Adom
* Recommend a good marijuana site Purple_Voyage 1,071 7 01/29/03 06:48 AM
by whiterasta
* Mass Shroomery trip #1 28th Feb
( 1 2 3 all )
Purple_Voyage 9,333 43 03/02/03 08:59 AM
by c0ma
* my first cubie trip
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 3,612 25 09/28/03 07:27 PM
by blackroselove

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,623 topic views. 4 members, 7 guests and 178 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.035 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 17 queries.