Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Spelunking! * 1
    #13770544 -

No, not that.

This!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caving



I live near a few cave systems and have done my fair share of cave diving. It's really exciting, challenging, potentially hazardous, and cold. There is this one cave system I know of that opens up in to a big "room" called The Cathedral. When I was in high school, people would smoke and even threw a kegger down in these caves (don't ask me how) because we all know that cops are fat and caves are small. I'd like to spelunk more though, in bigger cave systems. One time I went down with a lighter but now I tend to use a head lamp, boots, and other things :thumbup: I absolutely love going in the Summer months because you'll go in to these dark, damp caves and by the time you get out you're cold, wet, tired. It's okay though, once you step out, instant summer weather on your skin and sun in your eyes. A great feeling, indeed.

I haven't been to these specific caves in about a year. Last time I went, on my way to this Cathedral room, a friend and I actually stumbled on some kids smoking. Well, I didn't see them doing it, but the smell and shit; it's pretty obvious. I just asked for a hit and went on my way, I love catching kids smoking weed :awesome:

Oh and if you read this far, that picture is not the Cathedral or even me. If you didn't read this far, that picture is of the Cathedral and me.


--------------------
+1 Post ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spelunking! [Re: gzuf]
    #13770597 -

that sounds so badass! I want to explore a cave system... while tripping..
after ive seen The Decent though..........


do you go by yourself?


--------------------
"Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of this astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy"

- Carl Sagan

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spelunking! [Re: gzuf]
    #13770627 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spelunking! [Re: 34120060]
    #13770629 -

34120060 said:
do you go by yourself?



No, I wouldn't go by myself, that is a lot more dangerous for obvious reasons. I always go at least with one friend. You need to have a certain balance in your mind, too. I went cave diving once with this guy for his first time and when he got in to this tight squeeze, which was entirely possible to go through, he just kept telling us he was stuck and was kinda getting freaked out. We had to explain to  him, no, you're not stuck, just calm down, move slowly, etc etc. Some people cant handle the cramped conditions of a cave, but I love it.

Prisoner#1 said:




Talk about cramped.


--------------------
+1 Post ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶


Edited by gzuf (01/11/11 06:38 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spelunking! [Re: gzuf]
    #13770633 -

The coolest cave system I've seen was at Mammoth Cave National Park.
It was :awesome: I'd love to explore those caves while tripping or something.





Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spelunking! [Re: gzuf]
    #13770641 -

Looks badass!

But what?..
gzuf said:
Oh and if you read this far, that picture is not the Cathedral or even me. If you didn't read this far, that picture is of the Cathedral and me.




--------------------
/ / / / / / / LISTEN TO MY MUSIC: E X E D / / / / / / /
The universe gives no fucks. And takes no fucks.
May His Circuits Ever Function

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spelunking! [Re: The_Ghost]
    #13770682 -

The_Ghost said:
Looks badass!

But what?..
gzuf said:
Oh and if you read this far, that picture is not the Cathedral or even me. If you didn't read this far, that picture is of the Cathedral and me.





See, I was hoping people skimming would be all like - "Fuck, look at that picture. Damn. That's badass. Wonder which one is gzuf? I don't know, but I want to bear his first-born child all of the sudden. Damn.."

Maybe they will see Pris's and assume the worst best.


--------------------
+1 Post ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶


Edited by gzuf (01/11/11 06:46 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spelunking! [Re: gzuf]
    #13770743 -

gzuf said:
Prisoner#1 said:




Talk about cramped.




sometimes it's a tight squeeze

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spelunking! [Re: gzuf]
    #13770755 -

that place looks cool as fuck. id hang out there any day


--------------------
:prawn::baggy::zilla:
Please help support cover-upz blog
http://cover-upz.blogspot.com/
Please PM me if you can help build cover upz blog.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spelunking! [Re: LosAngelesGraff]
    #13770903 -

Spelunking is  blast! I have only been once with my buddy but it was so much fun. we had a guide with us because it was suppose to be pretty advanced terrain. repelling, climbing and squeezing through a lot of tight spots.

Id do it again any day :thumbup:


--------------------
Long live the Shroomery!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spelunking! [Re: 2Cents]
    #13770990 -

funny you mention caving, this was just being discussed by myself and a few other members in another post. i'm going caving in the next month or so. fuckin' stoked!

while researching caving i stumbled across this article from National Geographic (Vietnam Cave) talking about the largest cave humans know of.

click on that link and check out the slide show. place is massive!!!



--------------------


"We are all intoxicated. We were born into an insane asylum, a world crazy-making. We believe what we see and hear. The real myth is the myth of sanity, of rationality: it's a disease that is eating away at the earth. All the poisons flow from our denial. We deny madness, we forget our crimes, we dismember the corpse, we imprison our children. We need poison to poison the poison, to remember the sacred nature of intoxication, the green body of the young god." ~ Dale Pendell

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spelunking! [Re: gerryjarcia]
    #13771044 -

that vietnam cave looks SO cool. imagine seeing that just walking by it :eek: id love to be the first person  to explore something like that


--------------------
"Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of this astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy"

- Carl Sagan

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spelunking! [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #13771162 -

Prisoner#1 said:
gzuf said:
Prisoner#1 said:




Talk about cramped.




sometimes it's a tight squeeze




hahaha... imageshack TOS'd my shit

I mean seriously... this was worthy?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spelunking! [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #13772812 -

I love exploring caves.Nothing amazing is near me, however.


--------------------
Moodion said:
There's only one way to answer that frustrating question of "what was it like?".

You hand the fucker The Machine packed with an 80mg dose and wave goodbye.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spelunking! [Re: arekusu]
    #13772836 -

that crystal picture id the dopest


--------------------
:prawn::baggy::zilla:
Please help support cover-upz blog
http://cover-upz.blogspot.com/
Please PM me if you can help build cover upz blog.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Remember the time you had your first 3rd eye cosmic spelunking? twighead 370 6 11/07/16 01:38 PM
by twighead
* Gzuf's sig Cj-B 768 10 01/28/13 03:00 PM
by GrimTroll
* I Almost Died Just Now
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
gzuf 4,515 89 01/04/10 12:39 PM
by Moronicus
* aol buys huffington post realfuzzhead 1,059 15 02/07/11 11:20 PM
by DeadHearts
* Tripping in a cave....is this a good idea?
( 1 2 all )
TameMe 2,623 36 03/16/09 11:48 PM
by TameMe
* Spelunking Anyone? fungusfriends 565 10 04/19/11 01:21 AM
by Divinity
* Magnitude 8.9 Earthquake Hits Coast of Japan, Tsunamis and Aftershocks Striking Shores
( 1 2 3 4 ... 73 74 )
gzuf 70,549 1,472 07/19/11 03:39 PM
by dummy
* breaking bad season FIVE **spoilers inside**
( 1 2 3 4 ... 100 101 )
Dosile Kouki 75,865 2,003 07/09/13 11:23 PM
by 4runner

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
949 topic views. 13 members, 23 guests and 200 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.035 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.