Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

North Spore Shop: Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Getting prescribed an amph
    #9984115 -

I had a job interview today and I'm fairly sure I got the job.  Thing is, I've been fired from 2 jobs in a row before this due to my bad concentration skills.  I try really hard to not zone out but I end up doing it all the time and fucking something up. 

Now I'm against these 'mental conditions' doctors prescribe, I do believe they're just personality types (everyone thinks differently) but I really need to hold a job down so I don't get kicked out of home again.  I'm thinking I could go to a psychiatrist and see if they will prescribe me something, just to help me at work.  When I take speed recreationally (unless I have fucking huge doses) it makes me calm and 'levels my head' so to speak.  If I go to a shrink, any advice on what I should say?  Is this a good idea in the first place?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Getting prescribed an amph [Re: Jufin]
    #9984585 -

Just tell whoever you see the truth.

If you're lucky like I was you'll go in and walk out 15 minutes later with the script. You might have to take some stupid ass tests.


--------------------
Tohu Tehom Theli Than Leviathan Tanin'iver Taninsam!
Tohu Tehom Theli Than Leviathan Tanin'iver Taninsam!


There exists one lie that is the absolute worst. A lie that has successfully infiltrated many of the Western governments. This lie is Christianity, and it must be fought in every way, shape and form. Burn the churches and kill the priests. The abomination that is Christianity must be wiped from this Earth.





4-Methyl-Aminorex

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Getting prescribed an amph [Re: Jufin]
    #9986498 -

If you tell a doctor you have trouble staying focused or concentrating I imagine it wouldn't be too difficult to get Ritalin or adderal prescribed.

I have a problem staying focused sometimes.  I've been looking into a new drug called modafinil(provigil).  It keeps you alert mentally without any CNS stimulation.  Supposedly in a study they kept monkeys awake for 36 hours using it and they performed better on memory tests than rested monkeys.

It's actually prescribed for narcolepsy though.  I was going to ask the doctor about it, and if he isn't willing to give it to me I have other ways of getting it for a reasonable price.(much cheaper than coffee or energy drinks)


--------------------
I spit reality, instead of what you usually learn
and I refuse to be concerned with condescending advice
cause I'm the only motherfucker that can change my life

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Getting prescribed an amph [Re: PowerTrip]
    #9986547 -

I would not go right to any amph right off the bat.  People who take scrip amphs for years tend to be fierd as fuck.  Not only that look up the long term effects of scrip and non scrip amphs.  Im sure their is a few other options one is listed above. 

hope you can read through all the abbrs


--------------------
My past post are not necessarily reflections of my current opinions.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Getting prescribed an amph [Re: WorldWideWInton]
    #9986797 -

SWIM read a couple of books from the library, 1)"Driven to distraction" and 2)"you mean I'm not stupid, crazy or lazy"-there is all the info you need in those two books. Seems a major thing is that even though you may not have been diagnosed as having ADD as a child, you ALWAYS have to have ADD as a child to have it as an adult. Psychiatrists will probably be the ones to prescribe a stimulent, other doctors may not be up on the latest research and/or reluctant to prescribe (just my own take)Like a previous poster said you may have to take a test or two, but you have all the info you need in the above books.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Getting prescribed an amph [Re: GaveUpOnTV]
    #9986819 -

ADD/ADHD does not exist. plain and simple.

where is your attention span located?

thats cool man, i wish i was genetically predisposed to not being able to hold down a job.



if she can do it, so can you.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Getting prescribed an amph [Re: GaveUpOnTV]
    #9988258 -

GaveUpOnTV said:
SWIM read a couple of books from the library, 1)"Driven to distraction" and 2)"you mean I'm not stupid, crazy or lazy"-there is all the info you need in those two books. Seems a major thing is that even though you may not have been diagnosed as having ADD as a child, you ALWAYS have to have ADD as a child to have it as an adult. Psychiatrists will probably be the ones to prescribe a stimulent, other doctors may not be up on the latest research and/or reluctant to prescribe (just my own take)Like a previous poster said you may have to take a test or two, but you have all the info you need in the above books.



:lol:

I was my doctors first patient to ask for Adderall and I was his first that he prescribed it to! Hes a pediatrician so he deals mostly with children and they shouldn't have that anyway. 

Yawning anus, ADD/ADHD does exist but it's not common and no where near as common as they make it out to be. They medicate kids like crazy these days and the parents (mothers) make their kids take it telling them that it's a vitamin. They don't want kids to be kids anymore.

That girl is taking lab equipment out of what looks to be some kind of washing unit? Who can't do that? I have seen a lot of people with downsyndrom though working all over the place and they do a good job at it to.


--------------------
Tohu Tehom Theli Than Leviathan Tanin'iver Taninsam!
Tohu Tehom Theli Than Leviathan Tanin'iver Taninsam!


There exists one lie that is the absolute worst. A lie that has successfully infiltrated many of the Western governments. This lie is Christianity, and it must be fought in every way, shape and form. Burn the churches and kill the priests. The abomination that is Christianity must be wiped from this Earth.





4-Methyl-Aminorex

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Getting prescribed an amph [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #9989627 -

YawningAnus said:
ADD/ADHD does not exist. plain and simple.

where is your attention span located?

thats cool man, i wish i was genetically predisposed to not being able to hold down a job.



if she can do it, so can you.



I know it doesn't exist per se, but there are certain personality types that exhibit behaviors that people would label ADHD.  My ultimate career goal will not involve me needing to take pills to stay focused, but for now I need to hold down a job so I can raise funds and get myself where I need to be.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Getting prescribed an amph [Re: Jufin]
    #9990612 -

Concentration is a like a muscle. When it's exercised regularly it gets stronger and can carry larger amounts of information at one time. If it is not exercised, then like a muscle, it wastes away. Amphetamines will work, but at a price to your long term well being. Just like roids in muscle building, amphetamines will demonstrate impressive gains at first, but then there's the side effects and tolerance, and if they are stopped, then the gains can quickly regress. Amphetamines are what might be called "a quick fix". If you're concerned about your future, then do a bit of research into how you can improve your concentration naturally. If you're going to a therapist then like HPI said, tell the truth and you just might be pleasantly surprised by the range of available options there are for improving your concentration.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

North Spore Shop: Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Difficulty concentrating. Any suggestions? cuongtbh 2,659 13 12/08/11 04:40 AM
by cateyes
* Trouble with reading concentration obladi oblada 638 8 12/16/10 07:33 PM
by obladi oblada
* Herbal concentration aides?
( 1 2 all )
Silversoul 2,473 21 12/04/07 08:16 PM
by Shroomism
* Using meditation to focus on an idea, task etc. I have bad concentration problems beneath 1,112 7 01/14/09 11:54 AM
by beneath
* Mindfulness vs. Concentration Meditation; Cynosure 2,371 4 01/14/10 03:15 AM
by yogabunny
* Concentration, the bane of my existence. 24hoursago 1,337 9 02/10/06 05:13 PM
by eligal
* Binaural Beats and Concentration--Any Experiences? fbi365 1,436 8 12/06/11 08:23 PM
by Locoinsaino
* The Internet and Concentration tito123 295 5 01/14/12 07:09 AM
by cateyes

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: CherryBom, Asante, Rose, mndfreeze, yogabunny, feevers, CookieCrumbs, Northerner
942 topic views. 0 members, 2 guests and 3 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 17 queries.