Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
Spore Viability Question
    #981075 - 10/21/02 09:22 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Preface: Got two syringes from a vendor...had them refridgerated for two months then innoculated both into BRF substrate jars. The one strain, puerto ricans, never germinated at all in any jar. The Ecuadors germinated in 7 of the 10 jars but the mycellium grew VERY slow. The vendor, upon emailing them, replaced both syringes and said the spores must have not been viable. They did say, however, that if I had mycellium growing to let them fully colonize and then fruit as usual. So I did. I cased 4 jars and 3 jars into two different pans. The first pan to start pinning was the 3-jar pan...it grew HUNDREDS of tiny pins but none ever grew into mature fruit bodies...so I removed the entire layer of pins and recased. The second tray actually had it's first flush this weekend, a total of 8 nice and big shrooms, but they were all sterile (no spores fell after their veils broke.)

Question: Are these shrooms still safe to ingest? I realize that mutants (two of the shrooms had warped/mutant caps as they grew) are safe...but knowing the spores' history...would you still consume this first flush? I dehydrated them right away just in case. Also, do you think with such low performance and "problems" that their potency will be next to nothing?

I'm just wondering if I should just toss both casings and start again with the fresh/replaced syringe of the strain.

Suggestions? Comments?

Thanks in advance.

Love & Light,

Bop

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleVSOPXO
Cognacaholic

Re: Spore Viability Question [Re: Boppity604]
    #981452 - 10/21/02 11:01 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

fuck,just eat them

InvisibleServator
Viral Agent

Re: Spore Viability Question [Re: Boppity604]
    #981461 - 10/21/02 11:05 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

In reply to:

Question: Are these shrooms still safe to ingest?

Umm, why wouldn't they be?
I reread your post like three times looking for a reason they could be unsafe, and I couldn't find it....
Shit nigga, if you're worried bout it, I'll eat the motherfuckers for ya....

OfflineVisigoth
enthusiast

Re: Spore Viability Question [Re: Servator]
    #981485 - 10/21/02 11:17 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

My friend purchased 2 spore syringes from a vendor. When he got em he held em up to the light as he usually does just to see the spores floating around. But this time he didn't see any. Instead, he saw a couple small clumps of mycelium floating around in the syringe. What in the world, are these going to work?!?! Thanks!!!!

Vis

--------------------
"15 minutes in freezing conditions?!?! You'd become a popsicle before you made that!!!"

OfflineJovialLeprechaun
reasonableperson
Re: Spore Viability Question [Re: Visigoth]
    #981625 - 10/22/02 12:20 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Yes, possibly better than regular spore syringes, because the spores have already germinated, so possibly less waiting time. Unless it is not mycelium you see.

You got a bonus one big guy.

--------------------
I am a reasonable person.

InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

Loc: A little North of Paradis...
    #981630 - 10/22/02 12:22 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Spores sometimes germinate in a syringe. Spore water is supposed to be sterile. So, there are no nutes in the syringe. So, you want to put them in a fridge, to slow the process, if you are not using them ASAP.

Spores that germinate into myc, in a syringe, tend to clump that myc togather tightly. That also tends to clump any other ungerminated spores along with that myc.

Meaning, even if you shake them until you'r arm hurts. IMHO, Sometimes almost the whole bunch of myc & spores end up going out the end of the needle, into one jar, rather than several.  :frown:

6T  :tongue:

--------------------
~whiskey river rafting, hot tubbing, dirty dancing & spending money on - wild women - having fun & just gonna waste the rest~

OfflineVisigoth
enthusiast

Re: Spore Viability Question [Re: SixTango]
    #989207 - 10/24/02 10:02 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Well that explains why I'm seeing pretty much no germination in my jars whatsoever. Thanks!!!

Vis

--------------------
"15 minutes in freezing conditions?!?! You'd become a popsicle before you made that!!!"

InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

Loc: A little North of Paradis...
    #989471 - 10/24/02 12:01 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

You should have got some in one or two jars - anyway?

Are you saying you got nada in no jars?

6T

--------------------
~whiskey river rafting, hot tubbing, dirty dancing & spending money on - wild women - having fun & just gonna waste the rest~

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate