Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Air Pump, Perlite, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineShtoops
Wonka'sMycologist

Loc: Willy's Oompa Lab
Nutrients for extra growth?!?!
    #986364 - 10/23/02 01:13 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Ok... according to the honey tek, dextrose is a nutrient for mycellium growth, correct? I have a set up, I purchased an air exchange / humidifier made for reptiles living in a terrarium... an air pump pushes air into a container of water.. air bubbles create humidity.. humidity sent to terrarium.. My question is, if I added dextrose to the water.. would I get a bigger flush? This is my frist time my jars fully colonized w/ no contaminates... and I don't wanna do anything non-traditional to the growing process, just want yall's opinion.. might make for a good experiment maybe?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleBoomin
Trippen
Loc: Earth usually
Re: Nutrients for extra growth?!?! [Re: Shtoops]
    #986378 - 10/23/02 01:19 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

No, that won't do anything, except maybe get your bubbler sweet.  :grin: 

Offlinecomario2
amateur

Loc: between places
Re: Nutrients for extra growth?!?! [Re: Boomin]
    #986420 - 10/23/02 01:37 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

and provide extra food for contams

--------------------
comario

"crusaders against emotional poverty"

InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

Loc: A little North of Paradis...
    #986497 - 10/23/02 02:07 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

NOT a good plan to follow. Unless you want to post a lot of Q's about contam's.

6T :tongue: 

--------------------
~whiskey river rafting, hot tubbing, dirty dancing & spending money on - wild women - having fun & just gonna waste the rest~

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #986532 - 10/23/02 02:19 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

If that is the tropic aire set up , make sure you clean it very good before using for first time , and make sure filter on bottom of pump is in good shape . Also once you set up to run , put a 20:1 ratio of water to peroxide . If you do not the sponge inside will turn black .
Dextrose will also cause many problems if you do as you propose .
Good Luck :cool: 

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Offlinesubtlepoint
journeyman
    #986544 - 10/23/02 02:22 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

are you using a tropic aire unit? i have noticed that on large terraniums you might need a little bit of perlite or an ultrasonic to stabilize your humidity. I live in an area without much ambient humidity, might want to make some test runs and find out exactly how long it can attain 99% RH levels. I find that if you ambient humidity is relatively high it works great. It is definately great for air exchange, just make sure you are getting good humid air, and you will be on the road to pretty decent sized flushes.

--------------------
- subtlepoint

Invisibletripndicular

Re: Nutrients for extra growth?!?! [Re: subtlepoint]
    #986558 - 10/23/02 02:26 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

They supposedly work well up to 55 gal tanks, works awesome in 10 gal setup  , it all depends on size pump you use . Using a perilite bowl is good idea as a back up , especially if you live in arid climate .  :cool: 

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

OfflineShtoops
Wonka'sMycologist

Loc: Willy's Oompa Lab
Re: Nutrients for extra growth?!?! [Re: tripndicular]
    #986602 - 10/23/02 02:45 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Yea I'm using the Tropic Aire.. seemed like a pretty good purchace... not quite sure how well it works yet, seems to not put out much humidity, but then again I haven't left it on for a decent amount of time, just got it. I'm hoping a 50 gallon pump will be good enough for a ten gallon terrarium.. also, I'm about to purchace a timer (I'm at college during the week and at home during the weekends so I have to let some one else to check up on it) so, how often would I have to turn on the tropic aire a day? The person I am letting check up on the process doesn't know much about the whole deal and I don't want to take any chances with her fanning or over watering.

Invisibletripndicular

#986763 - 10/23/02 04:03 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Hell Hound  leaves his on 24/7(shut off when spraying clorox spray prior to opening to fan ) , even when running in substrate . Turned it off every so often (mostly at night when cooler ) awhile just to test humidity with just  perilite bowl . There is small bowl of perilite in tank also at all times . Sure is overkill , but live in arid climate .
Here is photo of the set up , using 55 gal pump also , humidity went from 55 to 90 in about 2 hours max .

Here is a photo showing it works .
Mist twice a day and fan out twice a day , not sure if needed , but do it to be safe .

Very happy chose to go this route so far will keep , if you need help or reassurance feel free to PM .
Good Luck :cool: 
Click on images to zoom in .

--------------------

Edited by tripndicular (10/23/02 04:05 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Air Pump, Perlite, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation