Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Hygrometer, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineAdamJames
MCE
Cakes doing well after 2nd shake no growth
    #3429660 - 11/30/04 09:52 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I was cultivation Koh Samui on popcorn and was having great results. Before the first shake (5 days after inoculation) it took a few days to start again then the second shake 5 days after that i have not seen growth pretty much at all. Any thoughts?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinedjred

Re: Cakes doing well after 2nd shake no growth [Re: AdamJames]
    #3429676 - 11/30/04 09:58 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

most will tell ya give it time..hey how are you heating your jars?

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
    #3429715 - 11/30/04 10:09 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

how much of the grain is covered with mycelium? And do you have a tyvek or poly fill filter?

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

OfflineAdamJames
MCE
Re: Cakes doing well after 2nd shake no growth [Re: djred]
    #3429717 - 11/30/04 10:09 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I'm using an incubator made up of 2 10gallon tubs one having a heater and 4 spacers at the bottom of it, stick on thermometer on the outside of the water holding container showing 82 degrees, then have a hygrometer on the inside of the incubator where the jars are and covering the jars i have a pillow to keep heat inside then the lid on top of course.

OfflineAdamJames
MCE
    #3429728 - 11/30/04 10:12 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I'm growing 3 different strainds right now expierments on different jar cultivation techniques with different strainds. Koh Samui having no tyvek or polyfill, ecuador all with poly fill, creeper nothing. Right now there are just some grains with white on them not anything compared to the growth is was doing. There are only a few kernals that have a white bond to eachother

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #3429758 - 11/30/04 10:21 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

10 days isnt very long, most of my popcorn jars are fully colonised at 20-25 (so yours should be doing a little better maybe your moisture content is less than desired?). my hominy jars however colonise fully in 10 days, because the moisture and nutrients are much more availible with hominy. but hominy sucks in every other way besides fast colonising, because it will smash up if used as spawn, and it is just difficult to work with. the only time i would use it is to spawn outdoors maybe.

next time you do popcorn, simmer it longer (i do mine 1 hour!) untill it is super water-logged, drain it 45 mins, and put a half inch dry verm in the bottom of your quart jar, add the popcorn to 3/4 full, and pressure cook as normal. the verm will absorb extra moisture.

--------------------

Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Offlinedjred

Re: Cakes doing well after 2nd shake no growth [Re: Psychoslut]
    #3429980 - 11/30/04 11:12 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

was about to try popcorn half pints to playa round..your telling me it takes you 2o days for full growth..? well im sure half pints will go faster..yeah small, but im just growing for small personal..

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

#3430013 - 11/30/04 11:20 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I kno that some strains are sensitive and may slow down (looks like it stops to the naked eye) when you shake them too much or too hard. Maybe that's what happened, but I don't see why it shouldn't start back up again in a couple of days. Gl

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #3430076 - 11/30/04 11:30 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

popcorn does take a long time, but dont let that scare you off, it is very nutritious and will give you big mushrooms well into the 3rd flush.

i also like to add 2 tablespoons of popcorn flour to my jars, it shaved off allot of time, because the mycel love the nutritious inside of the kerel!

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Hygrometer, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation