Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: St. John's Wort, The Doors

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Anonymous

Re: A question for the pro's
    #98608 - 12/14/99 01:59 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I forgot to mention that I do have 2 previous experiences with acid, back in the day when I was partying hard. So I don't think the use of a drug for the first time would be such a problem, but I was not bummed about life at that time either....

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous

#98610 - 12/14/99 02:08 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

You know, once I went into this trip sort of bummed about this girl and as it kicked in I resolved the problem, and had probably one of the best highs yet.

Another time I went in bummed basically about the same stuff, and I peaked hard without any interest in thinking about other things, and it sucked. I just sort of had to lay there on the carpet until they wore off and the floor tiles weren't so mushy.

So anyhow, its about as much not freaking out when you're low, and not letting yourself get in a mental rut in the first place. Have lots of music, candles, flashing lights to play with to relax your thoughts if you're worried about getting stressed.

If you're seriously depressed, if you don't think there is a light at the end of the tunnel, don't do them. But its normal to be down sometimes.

Anonymous

#98611 - 12/14/99 02:23 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

As far as the light at the end of the tunnel, I have been thinking about that sort of thing a lot lately. Basically, everyone else seems moderately happy with the exact same life that I have, so why is it that I am not? I feel like I could just go through my entire life wasting my time looking for something that I have no clue what it is. I am really really trying to find it tho. I have been asking every question I can think of, hoping to spur some sort of idea that could help me. Of course there is a woman involved with a bit of it (my major downfall is poor judgement in mate selection, but that is nothing new to guys.)

I can fake happiness with the rest of the world, but why? I guess this probably isn't the right place to seek advice, because no one knows me better than me, but that isn't a very promising thought. Maybe I will just go smoke a bowl and pretend I am happy some more... :smile:

Offlinen8
    #98612 - 12/14/99 02:51 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I was actually in a similar situation recently. I was in kind of a nihilistic rut, and even though I read from probably the same faqs as you did that shrooms aren't a good idea when you're depressed, I decided to try them.

The trip definetly helped me work a few things out. It gave me a very objective look at my thought process and what I needed to do to next in my life. This wasn't a huge reality bending trip, it was actually only about a level 2-3 and my first psychadelic experience, but it was very positive overall. However, it could have been dangerous in that when you're on shrooms, your emotions kind of perpetuate. If you're an emotionally chaotic person, I don't recommend trying this while you're depressed overall. However, if you're like me and you were "stuck" on something, or you just felt like you're missing something and don't know what to do, a medium trip in a very comfortable environment might be just what you need. I think it's also important to feel honestly hopeful, that things can really get better and that the shrooms are only going to be a tool for you to make things right. Don't try and use them as an escape or something.

------------------
this time, the revolution will NOT be televised.

Anonymous

#98613 - 12/14/99 03:00 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Thank you n8 and Buff for your input. Ya know the weird thing about my situation? Everyone used to think I was happy all of the time. ALL. I guess I never really ran into problems emotionally until I started asking all the questions about my life...

I even used to do the AOL chatroom thing a few years ago, and my name had the word "optimist" in it. So the whole idea of depression is very new to me. I think it is some sort of whacked self fulfilling prophecy, because knowing that I am "bummed" does nothing but cause me to feel worse. But I am still searching for the way out, so that must be good for something, I hope. Thanks.

Anonymous

#98614 - 12/14/99 09:01 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Let me tell ya, I know exactley how you are feeling, I've been there. Not totally depressed but kinda bummed about life. "Why am I here?, What's my purpose?, What happens when I die?, What's the point of anything?, Is this thing on my dick ever goona go away?".......Anyway, I would try taking St. John's Wort. It's a vitamin or natural herb or something and ever since I started taking it, nothing really bothers me anymore. I don't ever get down about stuff like I used to. It's the only vitamin I've ever taken where I actually noticed a difference. I know this dosen't exactley answer your question, but hopefully it helps ya out. Laters.....

OfflinePrimate
former addict
 User Gallery

#98615 - 12/14/99 10:36 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

LSD...that's placebo power

-Primate

------------------
~~"Oh, welcome to this world of fools, of pink champagne and swimming pools, where all you have to lose is your virginity. Perhaps you'll have some fun tonight, so stick around and take a bite...of life. We don't need feebleness in this proximity"~~

--------------------
"Power to the peaceful"

-Micheal Franti and Spearhead

Anonymous

#98616 - 12/14/99 10:55 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

i agree that a medium trip would be ok
everyone seems to get into ruts now and then also worse at times if your holding a good life material wise, you seem intelegent,im sure youll will rise again,are you eating healthy? fruit everyday? very important to keep a good balance in your mind (chemistry)
has its effects,if your going to take em get outside in nature it is awesome afterall nature is god something everyone really fails to see! this may relly work for you it did for me and im a stress bag.keep you head up

Anonymous

#98617 - 12/14/99 11:17 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

If you decide to have mushrooms, I think the key is to be open to learning new things about yourself, even things that might initially make you feel uncomfortable. This might be a good way to get out of the rut that you seem to be in. It also seems like part of your unhappiness may stem from a lack of personal fullfillment. Mushrooms have helped me become more connected to the earth, as well as started me down a spiritual path that has previously escaped me. Perhaps these are things that may help you as well. I say go for it. It sounds like you have done some research about mushrooms and are open to the experience. Just make sure you have a guide or sitter, preferably someone with experience. Peace and good luck.

Anonymous

#98618 - 12/15/99 02:40 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks to the input I have received from you all and some more soul searching, I have decided to go against the advice of the experienced and give it a shot. I do not feel any real fear about what I might discover, so I think that is the deciding factor. I am not worried about having a "bad trip" and actually I think it is possible to learn from a bad one as well as a good one.

The only thing holding me back right now is that I don't have an experienced guide. From my pool of friends right now, I am the only one with experience with any drugs other than pot. And the ones that tried pot used it as an alternative to beer...

Do you think it would be okay for me to have a helper that has never done drugs? Or is that just asking for double trouble? Any experienced guides passing through MN in the next few weeks? :smile: j/k

Damn, I gotta get me some new friends...

Anonymous

#98619 - 12/15/99 11:20 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Passing through MN? Shit, I live here. (feel sorry for me all you want people, but it ain't that bad)

OfflineHatta
GodlessAnarchist

#98620 - 12/16/99 01:23 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

A guide probably isn't necessary, but a sitter is. Let your own mind do the work, but if you get into trouble, you'll want a warm body, loving face and kind words there to help you. Make sure it's someone you feel very comfortable with. He/she must not be reluctant, but care enough to be there for you. They should stay out of your way, unless you ask for help. Make sure they know enough not to say, "You're really fucked up, damn" or something like that. It's better to say, "I know you're scared, but remember that's only an effect of the drug. You are safe."

OfflineYoschie99
nomad
Male User Gallery

Loc: center of earth
    #98621 - 12/17/99 09:36 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I don't think you should have any problems as long as you prepare yourself for the trip. Don't dwell on any problems in your life and keep a very open mind the first time. Until you get used to how shrooms work, the trip can be a bit confusing and disorienting. For a few days before you trip just try and stay upbeat. Your bad feelings will probably show anyways but just remember that you can learn from the trip but still have the best time of your life. Most important just keep an open mind.

------------------
We were all delighted, we all just realized, we were leaving confusion and nonsense behind and performing our one and noble function of the time. Move.

Anonymous

#98622 - 12/17/99 11:10 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I say give it a shot. Just about a week ago i woke feeling like shit (girlfriend problems). and i spent the whole day thinking about her and myself and was basically miserable all day trying to decide what to do with the situation... well anyways the shrooms i was growing were ready that night and so i said what the hell and ate them. I had an absolutely great time and settled a lot of things while on them. I even talked to my girlfriend while shrooming and it didn't bring me down a bit. Go for it.

------------------
One of us equals many of us,
Disrespect one of us, and youll see plenty of us.

OfflineLillSkit
old hand
    #98623 - 12/18/99 07:00 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Lately i have been in a pretty bad situation eith school (skipped a few tests)..
But i still decided to try out my batch of shrooms...
I took 3 fresh small/medium cubensis..(didnt think they would give me a major tripp)
I mixed them up with orange juice and swallowed them (alone)...
Man...after 20 minutes they started working o me...and 20 minutest later i was trippin balss..
These mere 3 shrooms propelled me into a Level 3+ tripp..
I was really confused and had alot of problem reading the shroomery..(acctually i couldnt because all the fucking windows and all the text was moving around like crazy..and i saw faces everywhere,)...

Anyway...The tripp grabbed me by my balls and just threw thoughts in my face, like i had to think about my problem in school and problems with my stepdad..
I really coudnt have avoided those thought even if id wanted to..they just came to me...
Now afterwards i must say that it was a really therapuitical(spelling?) tripp, and i feel alot better about the situation with the school..(i came up with pretty scary thoughts about my stepdad so that still worries me.. but he has always been a real DICK)

Overall i must say that i had a deep spiritual tripp that helped me to straighten out some Q's and worries that i had stuck in my head..

Dont go on a major tripp though...because i felt that i was right on the line of leaving my body in a couple of instances i i really wouldnt have wanted to feel that confused when i was still thinking about these issues..

Man i still cant believe my shrooms where that potent.. :biggrin:

Still dont do the shrooms if your deeply depressed..cuzz i was feeling quite down and scared some time into the tripp..cuzz of the probs that needed to be straigtened out..

Anonymous

#98624 - 12/22/99 07:31 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

hey,
i tend to get all messed up. its been a while, and is a sure part of my reality. i got tired of postponing things until it goes away. When i trip, it opens all the doors. It opens the dark cobwebbed ones i try hard to avoid, it opens the ones i strain and struggle to keep closed so that the monsters dont come out and eat me. tripping floods all these open. it also opens the ones that i try and try and can never even find. i've felt such peace when tripping that i could have died right then and the most amazing and beautiful thought was of my body decomposing and getting eaten and becoming part of hundreds of other living things. my advice is if you're depressed, then i wont guarantee that you'll have fun. but you will probably have a valuable experience.
it all depend on what you're looking for.
as for the person who said St. John's Wort is a placebo effect, well could give me some sort of evidence of concrete argument for that statement? Have you ever been depressed? If not, believe me, when you're all fucked up and something helps, you know its not a placebo effect.
Do you know what it means for many people to get off of convential trycilic anti deps. , or their side effects? it certainly makes Hypericin (St. Johns Wort) a viable alternative.

BTW, if you take antideps. it (for many people at least, inc. myself) prevents many drugs from affecting you as strongly. you might feel little effects from what normally would provide you with a full-blown trip.

peace,

xys

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: St. John's Wort, The Doors

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience