Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineLaxy

Gen question on mushrooms/psychedelics - depression
    #2032104 - 10/22/03 01:00 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Hello everyone

Just thought I would get some opinions. i've done shrooms 4 times. The first time I thought it was amazing. The second time I had a horrible trip. The third time was a real strong trip, a lot of fun, but the come down seemed like a lot to handle, and I had the feeling I was insane at times. The last time I didn't take too much, it was a weak trip, it was okay. Anyways, the mindfuck that shrooms give just scare the bejesus outta me. Around 2 months ago I started exercising and only until I lost a bunch of weight, did I realize how depressed I was before. My whole attitude in general and especially on life is different than it used to be. I'm thinking my mindset (in the kinda depressive state I was in) that I'm not referring to just the mindset for that day, just my general one and my outlook on life, which like I said has changed. Could that have been why the previous trips may have been the reason that I didn't think they were that great?

Also

I enjoy yay/x very much (both used very moderately). I'm scared of pyschedelics like shrooms/acid. What would be a good drug such as a research chem to look into? I think it's the losing control aspect that I don't like. So which drugs more or less enhance your mind rather than waste it?

Thanks for your opinions fellahs.

Edited by neuro (10/22/03 09:37 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblebilly cuts
turntablingmycologist

Loc: Saturn
Re: Gen question on drizzugs [Re: Laxy]
    #2032122 - 10/22/03 01:10 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Well, if you're scared of psychedelics, don't do them. If you think you're gonna freak out, you will. I think psychedelics are the only drugs that enhance your mind in any way. Certainly coke does not....

OfflineCockyMandrill
addict

Re: Gen question on drizzugs [Re: billy cuts]
    #2032135 - 10/22/03 01:15 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

"I think psychedelics are the only drugs that enhance your mind in any way."

They in no way enhance your mind. They open you up to the possibilities, you still have to reach out and grab them. They can allow you self-growth and improvement, but its mainly a question of what you want as a person.

Invisiblebilly cuts
turntablingmycologist

Loc: Saturn
Re: Gen question on drizzugs [Re: CockyMandrill]
    #2032148 - 10/22/03 01:21 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Sorry, should be "the only class of drugs which i believe open your mind up to new options and ideas which allow self growth and improvement"  You said it better :smile:

OfflineStrongBad
pharm lover
Re: Gen question on drizzugs [Re: billy cuts]
    #2033718 - 10/22/03 09:13 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

DPT has similar visuals of shrooms, without the mindfuck, and without the feeling of losing touch with reality. Strictly a visual drug. It's nice.

Offlineingo_2001
funky monkey

Loc: UK
Re: Gen question on drizzugs [Re: StrongBad]
    #2035443 - 10/23/03 09:37 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

try Methylone, gives warm feelings of wellbeing without any psychedlic trip.

Offlineingo_2001
funky monkey

Loc: UK
Re: Gen question on drizzugs [Re: ingo_2001]
    #2035448 - 10/23/03 09:38 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

But then again, having been through what your talking about I think a course of SSRI's would be best

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Gen question on drizzugs [Re: ingo_2001]
    #2035474 - 10/23/03 09:53 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

It was well said by Billy cuts.
If they scare you then do not do them and especially if you aere in a depressive state of being they will only enhance that mental state and amplified the depression you are experiencing.

And shrooms do not cause depression but the setting around you could make you depressed. Depression after taking shrooms is not caused by the shrooms. IT is all in your mind.

Either they are good for yor body chemistry and mind setting otr they are not. Set and setting have alot to do with how your trip will be.. If you become paarnoid or depress then it is not the shrooms but you and later it can stay amplified in you from time to time. They are not for everyone all of the time.

mj

mj

Edited by mjshroomer (10/23/03 09:55 AM)

InvisibleTomandjerry58
Stranger
Re: Gen question on drizzugs [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2035488 - 10/23/03 10:02 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

don't feel like ur the only one out there laxy. Some of my freinds won't even touch my shrooms because of how fucked up they got. Shrooms are powerful!!!! i think in some ways more potent than lsd that is around nowadays. mj is right they will intesify anything your feeling so be careful. if you don't like them don't do them.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Gen question on mushrooms/psychedelics - depression [Re: Laxy]
    #2035630 - 10/23/03 11:39 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Different strokes for different folks. Although you're always advised "don't take shrooms when you're depressed", I've often taken shrooms when I've been depressed and had the most wonderful time and lifted my depression completely.

I consider shrooms the most effective anti-depressant there is.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Offlinemr_minds_eye
Disposable Wage Whore
Male User Gallery
Loc: Samsara
Re: Gen question on drizzugs [Re: StrongBad]
    #2035693 - 10/23/03 12:07 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

StrongBad said:
DPT has similar visuals of shrooms, without the mindfuck, and without the feeling of losing touch with reality. Strictly a visual drug. It's nice.

They would still be at risk of having a bad trip. I know someone who has. Just because that's how you are effected doesn't mean that they will respond the same. As for the dude that posted: try to find some inner peace through other channels first: meditation, yoga, hiking,.... Psychedelic drugs are not for everyone, but even for those of us who do use them don't always have an entirely pleasant trip. It's about a myriad of experiences which can be used for personal metamorphosis and self exploration. Make sure you keep up the exercise my psychology book says that a regular exercise plan can have more long term goo than either psychotherapy, antidepressants, or both in the treatment of depressive disorders. It boosts your endorphin level and improves your self image.

-Peace

--------------------
Our quest for discovery fuels our creativity in all fields, not just science. If we reached the end of the line, the human spirit would shrivel and die. But I don't think we will ever stand still: we shall increase in complexity, if not in depth, and shall always be the center on an expanding horizon of possibilities.
-Stephen Hawking

Offlineblowback
Nothing to lose,nothing to gein.
 User Gallery

Loc: Houston Tx.
Re: Gen question on drizzugs [Re: mr_minds_eye]
    #2038040 - 10/23/03 11:23 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

fuck mushrooms, stick to meth and heroin....

j.k.

--------------------
"Daddy, what's the difference between ignorance and apathy?"

"Son, I don't know, and I don't care"

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience