Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Can anyone identify these?
    #9840739 -

I've had some trouble posting my pics so their visable.  If you're willing to go an extra step to help id these, please check out the pics in my gallery, in the lbm folder.  there should be about 5 of them.  THANKS!

I need an id on these mushrooms i found.  theres a picture of the patch, it looks like maybe theyre the same kind but different ages? looks like the cap umbrellas out more as it grows and theres more of the  brownish-whitish color on the cap.  can someone help me id these?  Are they the same kind? 

Habitat:
I live just south of San Francisco and found these in open farm land where they board horses. 

Gills:
the gills are all white

Stem:
the stem was between 1 and 3 inches long, dark chocolate brown with a powdery white look at the top, hollow, smooth and kind of wavy.

Cap:
the cap was a dark chocolate brown color, no more than 1 inch diameter, convex with a clear point on the top, turning a lighter brown on the cap with age.

Spore print color:
the spore print was brownish black, but more brown.  it seemed to have a dark purplish tint but it was hard to tell. 

Bruising:
they didnt noticably bruise.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can anyone identify these? [Re: smurffy]
    #9841571 -













to me they look like Nolanea sp.


https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/9788738#9788738
do your mushrooms look similar to the ones in this link?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can anyone identify these? [Re: CptnGarden]
    #9841875 -

They are indeed all the same species at different ages.

The remind me of Melanoleuca angelesiana, though Nolanea is a possibility as well.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can anyone identify these? [Re: CureCat]
    #9842454 -

Looks like a good match for Nolanea verna.

The Melanoleuca you mention grows near snowmelt, I think the more common Melanoleuca is M. melaleuca.  I don't think its that genus because of the umbo. 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can anyone identify these? [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #9842472 -

Ahh, yeah you're right.  I've been calling M. melaleuca by the wrong name.  In both cases, however, there is often an umbo.

I think both M. melaleuca and N. verna are both possibilities.  Spore print would tell.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can anyone identify these? [Re: CptnGarden]
    #9843954 -

they look exactly like the one's in that link.  are these active?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can anyone identify these? [Re: smurffy]
    #9843960 -

No, not active or edible in the slightest.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can anyone identify these? [Re: CureCat]
    #9844567 -

good to know...thanks!  after reading up on these, sounds like the nolanea species are not to be messed with at all!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can anyone identify these? [Re: CureCat]
    #9844609 -

Yea its confusing because the common Melanoleuca is not in mykoweb but the snowmelt one is.  I used to think it was rare to find mushrooms that are not in Mykoweb but now I find them all the time.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can anyone identify these? [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #9844710 -

Yeah, that is confusing.  Especially since they look so similar.

From when I first found Mykoweb, I was finding mushrooms that weren't on their site.  All the good sites really have only a short list of species.  You have to use many sources to hopefully find a match, and even that is often unrewarding.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can anyone identify these? [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #9846209 -

Alan Rockefeller said:
Looks like a good match for Nolanea verna.

I think the more common Melanoleuca is M. melaleuca.  I don't think its that genus because of the umbo. 



I was thinking that but I didn't post it.  I was too tired and scared.  :yawn::twitchy:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can anyone identify these? [Re: Mr. Mushrooms]
    #9847003 -

Which of the three points were you thinking, and why were you scared??


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can anyone identify these? [Re: CureCat]
    #9848645 -

1 & 3.  The fear was a joke.  Although I am a bit circumspect when correcting anyone with a ban stick.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can anyone identify these? [Re: Mr. Mushrooms]
    #9850367 -

I don't disagree that it looks like a Nolanea as well.  As far as the umbo, that is also a common trait of M. melaleuca.

With a ban stick??


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can anyone identify these? [Re: CureCat]
    #9850393 -

Moderators have a ban stick.  Us lowly folk walk in fear and trembling around them.  Hadn't you heard?

It's a joke, CC.  It loses its humor upon explication.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can anyone identify these? [Re: Mr. Mushrooms]
    #9850405 -

I know what a "ban stick" refers to, but I didn't get it in context.

I'm bad with jokes.  sorry.  :crazy:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* This ones has me beat, need help to identify astralasia 1,393 13 09/06/05 02:16 PM
by CptnGarden
* Please help me identify shroom286 630 2 09/22/03 02:57 PM
by ToxicMan
* Need help identifying please, Tons of pics Abracadabra 1,548 5 08/11/03 09:03 PM
by whole9
* Melanoleuca strictipes? ... 8) Ahimsa 669 5 11/16/09 11:39 AM
by Alan Rockefeller
* My first Melanoleuca! wintersbefore 860 7 03/28/12 10:53 PM
by ToxicMan
* 2 Cool Mushrooms Need Help Identifying kylethesk8er123 1,185 7 02/17/10 12:43 PM
by psylosymonreturns
* melanoleuca verrucipes edible? deedee 1,486 2 06/03/10 11:55 PM
by deedee
* Care to identify some british shrooms for a change Roger_irrelevant 1,246 1 11/03/02 11:10 AM
by Unity333

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
1,532 topic views. 0 members, 16 guests and 58 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 14 queries.