Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
melanoleuca verrucipes edible?
    #12667639 -

So, the closest endorsement I've found is that they're easy to identify "And I guess they're edible".  I have a tidy crop growing under my potted Meyer Lemon, and they smell delicious.  Anybody have experience with eating them?
melanoleuca verrucipes: edible?
Users may choose 2 (5 total votes)
yes - I've done it
-
0 0%
dunno
-
5 100%
Votes accepted from 06/01/10 12:00 PM until 07/01/10 04:48 PM

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: melanoleuca verrucipes edible? [Re: deedee]
    #12669086 -

This site says they are edible? However a few sites list its edibility as unknown. No experience myself - I'd check multiple sites/references and get more feedback from members with experience before making a decision.

http://www.naturephoto-cz.com/edible-mushrooms-growing-listopad.html


--------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one" - Albert Einstein

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: melanoleuca verrucipes edible? [Re: msanchez420]
    #12682249 -

Thanks - yeah, that was one of two sort of vague endorsements I've found.  After talking to various people who "knew someone" who had eaten it, I cooked a tiny sliver and ate it.  The day before I had taken a tiny raw bite and spat it out.  Both days I had. . . how can I put this delicately? . . . some intestinal liveliness.  Mild, but different from the norm.  So I'll take a couple days off and try another sliver, to see if there's a cause and effect implied.  Thanks for your response!  D

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* My first Melanoleuca! wintersbefore 860 7 03/28/12 10:53 PM
by ToxicMan
* IS IT VOLVARIELLA VOLVACEA. ID Please smily 966 12 12/05/11 01:23 PM
by Ran-D
* Disappointing hunt, good learning experience. Nirvhead 3,203 11 10/15/02 01:50 PM
by BitchCakes
* Amanita Gemmata.. edible? Know anything? Dogomush 4,892 3 02/14/06 09:38 PM
by Amanitrust
* Experiences with hunting in Ohio... Richard_D_James 1,549 2 02/15/02 06:57 PM
by Richard_D_James
* Which edible mushrooms can be found in pastures/dung?
( 1 2 all )
megaman3 15,523 30 02/09/04 05:33 AM
by joe_millionaire
* Help With edible hunting maduglyman 1,660 5 08/01/03 06:16 PM
by maduglyman
* Edible or toxic? 2 species (pics)
( 1 2 all )
ledfethered 8,927 24 09/28/02 02:35 PM
by ledfethered

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
5 topic views. 0 members, 18 guests and 63 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.049 seconds spending 0.034 seconds on 22 queries.