Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags, Substrate Mix   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
My first Melanoleuca!
    #16004993 -

This one caught me off guard, pretty boring and I had no idea what it was, but under the scope it had these "harpoon-like" pleurocystidia and white spores that were roughened!





....And now I will shamelessly show off my Morel haul:



Thanks for looking! :heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My first Melanoleuca! [Re: wintersbefore]
    #16005008 -

Ahaha, dirty trick! I almost missed that sweet haul of morels! Melanoleuca who?


--------------------
Mr. Mushrooms said:
I will confess something that should be quite obvious, CC.  I love mushrooms, i.e. fungi.  I really do.  I am talking about a strong feeling, i.e. emotion, for them.  I think they are beautiful.  I even dream of them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My first Melanoleuca! [Re: Bobzimmer]
    #16005030 -

Wow, nice pictures of the Melanoleuca and that harpoon too.

Nice haul!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My first Melanoleuca! [Re: RiverDweller1]
    #16005144 -

Thanks guys!! It is so exciting to find something new, I had to share :grin:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My first Melanoleuca! [Re: Bobzimmer]
    #16007123 -

Bobzimmer said:
Ahaha, dirty trick! I almost missed that sweet haul of morels! Melanoleuca who?





I don't think Melanoleuca has been studied in the US, perhaps all species are undescribed.  The spores look best in Melzers because the warts are amyloid.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My first Melanoleuca! [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #16007136 -

Alan Rockefeller said:
I don't think Melanoleuca has been studied in the US, perhaps all species are undescribed.  The spores look best in Melzers because the warts are amyloid.



I know- they have not, there is grad student in my lab working on this group, I am very excited to show her :-)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My first Melanoleuca! [Re: wintersbefore]
    #16007225 -

wintersbefore said:
I know- they have not, there is grad student in my lab working on this group, I am very excited to show her :-)





Cool, please ask her what she thinks of my Melanoleuca observations.

http://mushroomobserver.org/81942
http://mushroomobserver.org/69062
http://mushroomobserver.org/57949
http://mushroomobserver.org/18857
http://mushroomobserver.org/17618

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My first Melanoleuca! [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #16011375 -

Melanoleuca has been studied some in the US - Linnea Gillman did a monograph with Orson Miller in 1977 on the boreal, alpine, and arctic species. She's currently working on the alpine Melanleucas some more.

I'm unaware of any studies of the rest of the genus in North America.


--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags, Substrate Mix   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Are you an eater, a student or an entheogen experiencer?
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
Mr. Mushrooms 10,935 111 02/13/09 12:19 PM
by Mr. Mushrooms
* IS IT VOLVARIELLA VOLVACEA. ID Please smily 966 12 12/05/11 01:23 PM
by Ran-D
* Am I the Only Hunter In North Carolina(besides college students}?
( 1 2 all )
petepann 3,750 24 05/22/13 08:13 PM
by Ganzig
* Help!! Urgently need Saffron Milk Caps for a student film Julian 394 1 06/19/10 09:25 PM
by World Spirit
* Clitocybe? Melanoleuca? Found in yard. MagicDave 390 7 06/28/16 08:18 PM
by MagicDave
* Melanoleuca strictipes? ... 8) Ahimsa 669 5 11/16/09 11:39 AM
by Alan Rockefeller
* melanoleuca verrucipes edible? deedee 1,486 2 06/03/10 11:55 PM
by deedee
* **THE OFFICIAL FLORIDA MUSHROOM SEASON THREAD 2012**
( 1 2 3 4 ... 112 113 )
newgui 125,719 2,251 04/18/13 06:45 PM
by Alan Rockefeller

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
860 topic views. 1 members, 10 guests and 39 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.023 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.