Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleChibboleth
incubation/terrarium questions
    #974574 - 10/19/02 10:58 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

My jars are in general coming along quite nicely, but I have some questions.

First and most immediately, even though I have handled them all the same way, some of the jars are proceeding much faster than others. There are a couple with hardly any mycelium at all, and a couple that may be ready to birth next week, and other jars at various stages in between. I can find no common factor between the slow/fast growers, so this mystifies me. Is there a way to accelerate the slower ones, or is it even important that they be birthed around the same time?

Second, the terrarium I'm planning to use for a fruiting chamber is a 20 gallon aquarium which I will be humidifying with perlite. How much space do I need between cakes? Will this be enough for (hopefully) 12 cakes, or will I need to arrange an additional terrarium? Bearing in mind that I am using a caking and not a casing tek, is there any particular reason not to have multiple strains in the same terrarium?

I'm almost done now, I swear.

Attached to my 20 gal tank is a flourescent light fixture that is currently equipped with a sort of light bluish-green light. As far as I can tell this is a perfect light, but I have no idea what it's called or how I would get a replacement if it burned out.

Lastly, I've been keeping a detailed grow diary for my own future reference. Is this something other people would be interested in, and I should post at erowid or someplace?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
Re: incubation/terrarium questions [Re: Chibboleth]
    #974582 - 10/19/02 11:06 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Why do some people grow tall , some short , why does one girl grow breast before another the same age ? These are the wonders and mysteries of life , the same rules apply to mushrooms . Could also be subtle differences in temp , nutrients , moisture . Do not be overly concerned with it , just watch them as they go .

Enough space for you to work in the enviro with out disturbing growing mushies , I would say at least 4 inches between each cake in all directions , but I have large hands . You also want space so they do not twist and colide with each other . Multiple strains in same chamber is fine .

Is it a "grow lux" these are easy to replace .

Good Luck
May the Mushroom Goddess bless all your endeavors !
trip n d :cool: 

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

OfflineFred Garvin
Male Prostitute
Loc: The northern part of sout...
    #974586 - 10/19/02 11:11 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

There is also a Grow Log forum here at the Shroomery. I for one would love to see your grow log. Post it in that forum to share your experience. Thanks and good luck.

--------------------

The above statements are just the incoherent babblings of your friendly neighborhood Cracker!

Shur drinkin kils brane sells--but only the week ones!!

OfflineOn_the_Down-Low
Polyfil-ophile-Say it 3 timesfast.

#976404 - 10/20/02 05:17 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I've noticed the difference in growth rates as well. I wondered if it had anything to do with different strains present in a multispore innocculation. If you're going to take spore prints, only print from the ones with the best mycelium and the ones that fruit first.
I've seen PF Teks(simpleminds') that said as close as 2inches pe rcake.
The lightbulbs are "cool-white"- should say that on the box at the store.
I like grow logs with good pics. I don't read text-only logs- but that's just me.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale