Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSuxeS
Success?
Loc: Texas, USA
Incubator/Terrarium TEK - ANY IDEAS?
    #1030964 - 11/07/02 01:15 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I am trying to peice together my own tek to use as a newbie. Good Idea or not, I want to try it by gathering all the information that I can and use it to produce something that I think will be successful. Many of you are experienced and may know if my idea is bad or not. So here is what I am planning on doing.

For the incubator itself I plan to use one of those tall storage cabinets from walmart. Install my own shelving which will be some type of sturdy wire mesh to allow air to pass through. At the bottom will be a space heater set at my desired temp, and a very small hepa filter that will run continuously. The purpose of the hepa is not to keep contamination out, but to circulate the heated air since this thing is about 6 feet tall and 4 feet wide - hot air rises. I want all jars/cakes to be at identical tempuratures consistently. I will drill holes into the sides inbetween racks to install temp gauges so I can monitor the temperature at each rack. This seems like a great way to keep out contam as well, store at the correct temp, and keep away from any light source.

As far as the terrarium, has anyone thought of using an 8 dollar 10gal fish tank at walmart and use the long 12" bubblers with a small pool of water at the bottom to control humidity level? From what I have read, this would produce a humidity level that is more than efficent for growing these mushrooms.

Any feedback from experienced growers would be appreciated. I can handle negative feedback, I just want to know if what I have thought of would even work. Thanks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCow Shit Collector
Patty Poacher

Loc: Random Field
Re: Incubator/Terrarium TEK - ANY IDEAS? [Re: SuxeS]
    #1030989 - 11/07/02 01:28 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

sounds good, but the incubation chamber sound like you'll have alot more thank a 10 gallon aquarium's worth of material...

--------------------

Life's a garden, Dig it!
~Joe Dirt

Off Topic Website

OfflineSuxeS
Success?
Re: Incubator/Terrarium TEK - ANY IDEAS? [Re: Cow Shit Collector]
    #1031427 - 11/07/02 04:22 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Thats the thought behind it...  :wink:  I think on a large scale, the more the better right? 

InvisibleBilge
longtimenoC

Loc: USA
    #1031739 - 11/07/02 07:57 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

not necessarily.

--------------------
Shopping for your head? Visit HeadShopFinder.com or find Online Head Shops.

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
    #1031757 - 11/07/02 08:09 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I would avoid using a space heater as it may dry out your jars. Instead try this: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Forum2&Number=1003074&page=&view=&sb=&o=&fpart=all&vc=1

I also recomend putting a little bleach in the water.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Edited by z@z.com (11/07/02 08:12 AM)

Offlineshroomologist
Loc: SouthEastern US
    #1031955 - 11/07/02 09:42 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

In reply to:

I think on a large scale, the more the better right?

Keep it simple for the first few times. Then plan something larger scale. Its easier to work out the kinks once you know what you're doing.

i don't see why you need a 6 foot tall incubator. Just use two rubbermaids, and a fishtank heater. You can put like 50 jars in it!

Just do some searches for incubator and grow chambers/terreriums

you'll get some good ideas.

you dont' NEED something big, even for bulk!

InvisibleShaw

#1032623 - 11/07/02 01:21 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

If you had a little more experience i would say go for it. if your going to anyways... Space heaters are a little overpowered for incubators. I use one anyways. You'll need a wafer thermostat (or any other kind you want to use) , and moisture pads for humidity. Make sure the cabnet your using is laminated. I would also silicon all the interior joints. That's if you want to go big and somwwhat expensive. Check out the cabnet models on either linked site to get some ideas. I've used several incubators in the past and there's is my favorite.

--------------------

OfflineSuxeS
Success?
Re: Incubator/Terrarium TEK - ANY IDEAS? [Re: Shaw]
    #1032744 - 11/07/02 01:51 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I am not planning on putting 200 jars in here for my first time. I believe in doing things right the first time, which is what I am trying to plan out. I don't think the space heater would dry out the jars because it is about 70 degrees in there normally, raising it by 10 or 12 degrees with that heater at the lowest setting will cause the space heater to be inactive for much of the time. Then again, I have never done it before, it was just an idea. And as for the bleach in the water, your saying to put it in the fishtank at a ratio of 1:100 similiar to the way Hippie3 did his dunk experiment? Thanks for the input guys, I appreciate it.

OfflineDinoMyc
Ipsa scientiapotestas est
    #1033809 - 11/07/02 08:28 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

moved

--------------------
If I made affront, I apologize.
If I made affirmation, I apologize.
I merely came to listen, came to say.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck