Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblevitamink
This weathersucks
Loc: Steers and Queers
Tight(very small) growing places/hiding spots.....
    #970979 - 10/17/02 10:55 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Im new round these parts and I was wondering if maybe some of you mushy-vets could help me out/.... I am pretty familiar with the PFTEK since I aquired the book sometime ago and Ive had time to read it over.

I just ordered some spores a few days ago about to make my first actual attempt at growing a small amount of shrooms for myself and if I get good at it, maybe some for my close friends.

One problem. I live with my parents. And they condem any sort of illegal activity wether its moral or not. Apparently, the governments' laws are all for our own best moral interests right? psht...

That aside, I have 2, 3 1/2 foot tall Kenwood tower speakers. There is a 12inch subwoofer that I removed just to check it out. It is completely hollow on the inside from the bottom up. The base measures about 14inches by 12 inches.

Ive seen shrooms successfully grown inside of 3 liter coke bottles with a single cake inside. The speaker has about enough room to fit maybe 4 or 5 bottles. I figured that as long as I take out the bottles to air them and rehumidify with mister spray bottle once daily, and attached a small growing light inside for after the first fruiting, the growing should be ok completely hidden inside of a working speaker that is used daily(D&B DJ).

Thoughts?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSmashedMe
Stranger
Loc: Antarctica
Re: Tight(very small) growing places/hiding spots..... [Re: vitamink]
    #971252 - 10/18/02 01:11 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

My thought would be. Don't do it if it is not condoned by the authority of the house. Sorry to be a dick. But it is how I feel.

Anonymous

Post deleted by Administrator [Re: vitamink]
    #971259 - 10/18/02 01:14 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
    #971276 - 10/18/02 01:20 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Where do you live, I'm guessing texas? If so, here's what I say you should do, wait until next spring, then do an outdoor patch. You could sterilize some time when your parents aren't around. Incubation can be done in complete stealth, (unless your parents are really nosey.) All you'd have to do is find some way to prepare the patch without your parents noticing. Then when it rained you could go out back and snatch 'em up real quick. But what I really think you should do is wait until you move out, its not cool to grow in your parents house, especially if you know they'd freak. But who am I to judge?

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

OfflineNoVestal
The Patient

Loc: Damning my soul with a ti...
Re: Tight(very small) growing places/hiding spots..... [Re: Skikid16]
    #971463 - 10/18/02 02:46 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

As long as you have no intention of dealing or telling more than a very close (And I mean close) couple friends about it, you can do whatever you want. If the the pigs CAN'T find out then it's not even illegal because it's only illegal when the enforcing authority can do something about it. Similarly with your 'rents, if you can make a setup where they CAN'T find out, then you are cool (just like with masturbation). If not, then you are risking a breach of love and trust and that, by all accounts is not cool. So whatever you do, be like the Fonz, be cool.

--------------------

http://www.angelfire.com/darkside/lightside9/

Offlineblackout
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Tight(very small) growing places/hiding spots..... [Re: NoVestal]
    #971600 - 10/18/02 05:02 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

SCLEROTIA!

OfflineLSAuser
Full figuredwomen rule!
Loc: Florida
    #971655 - 10/18/02 05:41 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

an outdoor patch sounds less risky, even if they see it, they will think its regular mushrooms. I have a better idea still, grow them in a friends house.

OfflineMsPacMan
Stranger

Loc: Florida, USA
    #972030 - 10/18/02 10:39 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

the speaker is a good idea, it would most definitely work. good luck.

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #972043 - 10/18/02 10:46 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Key words "PARENTS HOUSE" respect them for who they are .........the givers of your life , home , clothes ,food, and their experience in life as they have lived it . As much as you hate their views , bottom line is it is their hard work that pays for that house you live in . Wait till you have your own place , you to will have rules .
It took me many years to understand the concept of "do not play in the street"  :tongue:(words of the wisest people I know , my parents) .
Good Luck  :cool: 

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Offlineuser_exists
Stranger
    #972098 - 10/18/02 11:12 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

sounds very sneaky...

good job, I dunno your rents just aren't a big concern of mine but you decide what they can handle and if they never go in your room or near the speaker then your pretty much good to go.

growing up you need to take shit for granted and sometimes it's your parents and/or there house.

OfflineRoJoCaBRitO
the sheep
Loc: in a farm
Re: Tight(very small) growing places/hiding spots..... [Re: MsPacMan]
    #972124 - 10/18/02 11:32 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

what about light...?
im growin mine inside a drawer in which i was able to fit an aquarium and i cut a hole in the back to let light in thru a window.

--------------------
"Four legs good, two legs bad!"

Edited by RoJoCaBRitO (10/18/02 11:34 AM)

Invisiblevitamink
This weathersucks
Loc: Steers and Queers
Re: Tight(very small) growing places/hiding spots..... [Re: RoJoCaBRitO]
    #972514 - 10/18/02 02:27 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, Ive thought about all of your ideas. Especially concerning my parents. Heres the thing. Im in college right now, dont have a job nor have the time to get one, therefore ruling out the possiblity of me getting my own place anytime in the near future.

Either way, I think I'll start off with just one cake and see where it goes from there. I really enjoy shrooms more than anything else out there besides alcohol. I dont smoke weed, or have the time or money or the desire to do anything else except an occasional roll every 6-7 months. The ourdoor idea sounds ok considering I live on about 4 acres of land. The only problem is that it is very poor soil(mostly rock)to grow much of anything on, plus i think the neighborhood critters might find an interest in wild mushys including my dog, which wouldnt be too cool.

Peace

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #972656 - 10/18/02 03:32 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

At least you are old enough to pay the price if you get caught . Find Moes outdoor tek and build soil up around area you innoc. , will not hurt dog ! Use creative methods to keep critters away ! Gotta do what you gotta do !
Go for cakes then in poor mans set up like you mentioned , did not want to bum you , just assumed you were minor living at home . :crazy:
I contributed to the delinquency of my teenage years that was criminal enough !
:tongue:Good Luck  :cool: 

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Anonymous

#972678 - 10/18/02 03:38 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

That sounds pretty crafty if you ask me.. Just as long as you can rig a light up in that speaker. Seems like it would work, provided you find a free hour or two to mix and sterilize your substrate and such.

I say do it, especially if you aren't a minor.

OfflineMsPacMan
Stranger

Loc: Florida, USA
Re: Tight(very small) growing places/hiding spots..... [Re: RoJoCaBRitO]
    #972700 - 10/18/02 03:51 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

he said that he was going to put lights in there.....

"...and attached a small growing light inside for after the first fruiting, the growing should be ok completely hidden inside of a working speaker..."

i think it will work. he just wants the answer to if it works, we all know the consequence of getting caught. laterzzzz

de-=-

InvisibleSixCee
keep rolling
Male

Loc: US, Chicago
Re: Tight(very small) growing places/hiding spots..... [Re: ]
    #972715 - 10/18/02 03:56 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I have my entire setup in a drawer and nobody but me knows about it...

Muhahahahaha

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-->The above statements may or not be true.
->Quote of the Moment :
"Yea. All bitches are whores who love sex." -Cubie
----> PMs checked daily.

OfflineFunger
MutantApendanges

Loc: State of insanity
    #972721 - 10/18/02 03:59 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I know I'm a newbie and all, but I've had stuff sitting on top of my speakers, and they rattle. Couldn't the vibration of the speakers cause the substrate to compact, making it harder to colonize? Just a thought.

InvisibleSixCee
keep rolling
Male

Loc: US, Chicago
Re: Tight(very small) growing places/hiding spots..... [Re: SixCee]
    #972724 - 10/18/02 04:00 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

If youd ont have much room to work with I recomend you case.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-->The above statements may or not be true.
->Quote of the Moment :
"Yea. All bitches are whores who love sex." -Cubie
----> PMs checked daily.

InvisibleArmFromTheAbyss
Old Hand

Loc: Down here in Babylon
    #972729 - 10/18/02 04:02 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I could give you good advice, from my own experiences. You'll prolly get caught eventually. I never thought I would. But once I left it out in my room to get sunlight, and my mom walked in thinking i was in my room. It was super weak. I had one cake left in the jar and gave it to my bro. 20 mins. ago actually, i found out he got caught too. I never saw that comming. My bro had his setup in a trunk that was locked. My mom had seen light comming out of it, and since she has seen light comming outta under my bed previously, she knew. Your parents might wonder why there is light leaking out of your speaker (if it does). It would also be a pain in the ass to have to open the speaker enclousure all the time. And you might eventually end up getting lazy and used to the fact of growing and get careless; which is what happened to me. My advice: wait man, till you have your own house. Then you could have all the pot plants and shrooms ops going on you want, and not have to worry about anyone finding out about it like your parents.

--------------------

Offlinegoldtop
Wild Spore

Loc: Sydney, Australia
Re: Tight(very small) growing places/hiding spots..... [Re: ArmFromTheAbyss]
    #973007 - 10/18/02 06:23 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I've also heard that in some States, if you're caught growing drugs in your parents house, you're parents can have their house confiscated. (God Bless America).

--------------------
"I want it all, I want it all, I want it all, and I want it NOW!" - Queen

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags