Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAlphaWave
Loc: NH, USA
Bulk Growing
    #433213 - 10/22/01 11:45 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

I think I finaly have the PF style down after about 4 or five tries. How can I get a higher yeild without getting a lot more complex? What is the easiest Bulk growth method?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineoptikal_trip
enthusiast

Loc: Toronto
Re: Bulk Growing [Re: AlphaWave]
    #433279 - 10/22/01 01:44 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Just look around in the shroomery grow/find section.. they have lots of cool shit for your growing needs.

--------------------
They chopped her goddam head off right there in the parking lot. Then they cut all kinds of holes in her head and sucked the blood out. I think they were after the pineal gland.

Offlineamazinblue
Stranger
Loc: michigan
    #433423 - 10/22/01 04:32 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Bulk Mushroom Growing Method Using Millet v1.0

Overview and purpose of this document
This document was created because when I went searching on the Internet for detailed documentation on how to grow mushrooms using a bulk method, I failed to find any that gave specific directions with exact mixture ratios. This is my attempt to provide a step-by-step method with pictures to help you be successful at growing mushrooms. I would like to thank www.sporeworks.com for all their help, as I could not have created this document without their knowledge and expertise.
Assumptions:
You have or know how to make a spore syringe

Materials:
? Quart Canning Jars
? Pressure Cooker
? Aquarium
? Spore Syringe
? Peat Moss
? Crushed Oyster Shell
? Vermiculate
? Millet
? Industrial strength masking tape
? Aluminum foil
? Tupperware containers (at least 3 inches tall)
Optional Materials:
? Hammer
? Hole puncher
? Dust mask
? Latex gloves
Step One: Prepare the canning jars
Sterility is key. Every effort must be made to reduce sources of contamination. Make sure you wash your canning jars before use. That said; punch a hole in the center of your canning jar lids. This will be used later for inoculation. In quart jars, mix 250ml of millet with 130ml of water. Cap and pressure-cook at 15psi for 70mins. I always place a piece of masking tape over the hole in the lid to prevent water from entering. I also place aluminum foil around the top to further ensure that no water enters the jars during pressure-cooking.

Key Observations:
The direction of the sealing lid is important. If you place the seal down, the mycelium will take longer to colonize, however, you reduce your chances of contamination. It?s a trade off of time vs. success.

Step Two: Inculcate the canning jars
After you are finished pressure-cooking, allow the jars to completely cool. This is extremely important!!! I usually let them cool overnight. Remove the aluminum foil and inject about 3 CC?s of fluid into each jar. You can vary how much you inject. The more you inject, the faster the mycelium will grow. Place another piece of masking tape over the hole made by the spore syringe. Place the jars in a dark area and forget about them for a few weeks.

Figure 1: Fully Colonized Millet

Key Observations:
Rumor has it that a dust mask and surgical gloves reduce the chances of contamination. If you can spare a couple of bucks, this might be a worthwhile investment.

Step Three: Transfer the colonized millet into the Tupperware trays
After your canning jars turn completely white (see above), it is time to transfer them into your Tupperware trays. Fill the trays to about with about 2 to 3 inches of millet. Cover the trays with plastic wrap and place in the dark for about 3 or 4 days. This allows the mycelium network to recover. If your Tupperware trays are clear, you should wrap aluminum foil around the edges so that mushrooms do not grow on the sides.

Key Observations:
The dust mask and surgical gloves might help.

Step Four: Prepare the casing mixture
This basic mixture works well for me and usually produces enough casing material to cover one large sized tray to a thickness of 1 inch.

1 1/2 cups vermiculite
1 1/2 cups peat moss
1 cup crushed oyster shell
1 1/4 cup water

Mix these in a large mixing bowl and add to quart sized jars, and pressure cook for 30 minutes at 15psi. Allow the jars to completely cool and add about ? to 1 inch to each tray. Again, cover the trays and place them in a dark area. After about a week, if no mycelium is poking thru, gently mist. After a mycelium is uniformly distributed among on the top, it is time to move on to the last step.

Figure 2: Mycelium Poking Thru

Key Observations:
Don?t wait too long before to move onto the last step. The tray may become contaminated from the water misting.

Step Five: Fruiting
Add your trays to your terrarium. Try and keep the temperature in the low 70?s. Every day or so lightly mist the sides of your terrarium. Remember, exposure to natural light is necessary for the fruiting cycle to begin. After seven to ten days, you should start to see pins starting to grow. I have been told that too much heat in this stage is devastating to the development of the mushrooms; do not overheat your terrarium! I?ll say it again, DO NOT OVERHEAT YOUR TERRITURIUM. After your first flush, you may want to mist the oyster shell / peat moss mixture.

Figure 3: MUSHROOMS!!!

Key Observations:
Did you check your temperature??? J Make sure you keep the air fresh, let your terrarium get fresh air every day or two.

Conclusion
These five steps should have provided incite into the process of growing mushrooms. Hopefully your results will be successful! GOOD LUCK J

Revision History
1.0 ? Initial Draft

To Do
Add more pictures to every stage, anybody have a digital camera? J

Invisiblephrozendata
Carpal Tunnel

Folding@home Statistics
    #433443 - 10/22/01 05:02 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

You might want to try casings.

--------------------
"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving and that's your own self. So you have to begin there, not
outside, not on other people" - Aldous Huxley

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract