Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

MagicBag.co Shop: Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Bright star in the west, what is it?
    #9695803 -

I'm in southwest fla, and for the past month or so, I've noticed this super bright star in the west, just above the trees in my parking lot. It seems to be sticking around in the same spot for a really long time. I've never seen it in any other place. Maybe it's because I always go outside at the same time each night.

I really started to get freaked out after my alien contact experience on shrooms. My friend would always talk about how the bodhisattvas and the enlightened beings were visiting him on shrooms. He'd point to a really bright star and say "SEE! See that!? Now tell me what that is..." and I'd say "um... looks like a star to me." "No man! That's the BUDDHA!" He'd insist.

He would always say how these beings would follow him around in the sky where ever he would go.

Anyways, so does anyone know what star or planet I'm seeing? It always shows up in the late evening.


--------------------


"This day is a lover..."

~Rumi

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bright star in the west, what is it? [Re: Nunbuh_Chrubble]
    #9695848 -

It is Venus dude :smile:


--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bright star in the west, what is it? [Re: niteowl]
    #9695883 -

What time are you seeing it?


--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bright star in the west, what is it? [Re: Nunbuh_Chrubble]
    #9695886 -

I've seen the same star (here in the uk) a couple of weeks ago.. It was quite low on the horizon and considerably brighter than any of the other stars in the sky (and no, its not the sun :smirk:).


--------------------
"I only ever hope to reach equilibrium, in Nature's matrix, in line with the meridian" ~ Jehst

:sun: "...and I know that I have to keep breathing, as tomorrow the sun will rise, who knows what the tide will bring?" :sun:

Free Spore Ring Europe
Send any spare spore prints you might have and help the distribution :grin:

Open Source. Freedom.  GNU/Linux

Addicting is not a word.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bright star in the west, what is it? [Re: Cepheus]
    #9695936 -

Yep, that's Venus, it should be nice and visible right now, a little to the south of the moon.


--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bright star in the west, what is it? [Re: Cepheus]
    #9695941 -

i live in holland, i saw it 2 nights ago, it was really bright!


--------------------
Been away so long I hardly knew the place
Gee, it's good to be back home
Leave it till tomorrow to unpack my case
Honey disconnect the phone
I'm back in the USSA
You don't know how lucky you are, boy
Back in the US
Back in the US
Back in the USSA

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bright star in the west, what is it? [Re: Nunbuh_Chrubble]
    #9695985 -

It is actually the reptilian mothership.





(though the Earth governments and those closely working with the governments would like you to believe it is just Venus...)


--------------------
:stoneowl:                                                                                                :watchingyou:                                                                                                :stoneowl:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bright star in the west, what is it? [Re: blewmeanie]
    #9695993 -

Well I'm seeing it right now and it's like 8pm EST.

I really want to become more conscious of the sky and the stars but the light pollution is way to much here.

So Venus huh? Isn't Venus the Godess of love? Does this mean I'm going to get laid soon? :wink:


--------------------


"This day is a lover..."

~Rumi

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bright star in the west, what is it? [Re: Nunbuh_Chrubble]
    #9696005 -



--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bright star in the west, what is it? [Re: blewmeanie]
    #9696033 -

That's a neat pic but I'm not really sure how to read that. What's the purple line mean? and how should I hold this while looking at the sky?


--------------------


"This day is a lover..."

~Rumi

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bright star in the west, what is it? [Re: Nunbuh_Chrubble]
    #9696144 -

Holding the map in front of you, facing south, put south (on the map) facing down.
North will be at the top of the map and behind you

straighten you arms above you head.
west will be to your right east to your left

everything on the map should match up.

Venus won't be around too much longer
another month or so and it will be gone


--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bright star in the west, what is it? [Re: niteowl]
    #9696169 -

It's getting brighter and it's part of a greater cycle affecting the earth too!!!

2500% increase in auroral brightness, and substantive global atmospheric changes in less than 30 years...

http://www.enterprisemission.com/_articles/05-14-2004_Interplanetary_Part_1/Interplanetary_1.htm

www.divinecosmos.com

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bright star in the west, what is it? [Re: Nunbuh_Chrubble]
    #9696462 -

Nunbuh_Chrubble said:
Well I'm seeing it right now and it's like 8pm EST.

I really want to become more conscious of the sky and the stars but the light pollution is way to much here.

So Venus huh? Isn't Venus the Godess of love? Does this mean I'm going to get laid soon? :wink:



Get yourself a telescope and go out where no one lives and star gaze. I'm about to drop almost 10 000$ on a telescope and go star gazing.

Ive got an obsession with the universe. Start reading about it, your gonna start loving the stars and the planets and galaxies etc to.


--------------------
Tohu Tehom Theli Than Leviathan Tanin'iver Taninsam!
Tohu Tehom Theli Than Leviathan Tanin'iver Taninsam!


There exists one lie that is the absolute worst. A lie that has successfully infiltrated many of the Western governments. This lie is Christianity, and it must be fought in every way, shape and form. Burn the churches and kill the priests. The abomination that is Christianity must be wiped from this Earth.





4-Methyl-Aminorex

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bright star in the west, what is it? [Re: Nunbuh_Chrubble]
    #9696681 -

Nunbuh_Chrubble said:
That's a neat pic but I'm not really sure how to read that. What's the purple line mean? and how should I hold this while looking at the sky?



The line is the celestial equator, its basically a projection of the earths equator out into the universe.


--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bright star in the west, what is it? [Re: blewmeanie]
    #9697185 -

Neat. I'll start looking at more star maps. Any sites you would recommend (since I'm too lazy to google)

I always enjoy the stars when I travel out of the city, but such travels aren't easy for me to make regularly.

I would love to be able to look at the sky each night and watch as it all progresses through the year. Fuck the Gregorian Calender!


--------------------


"This day is a lover..."

~Rumi

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bright star in the west, what is it? [Re: Nunbuh_Chrubble]
    #9697187 -

Astronomy.com


--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bright star in the west, what is it? [Re: blewmeanie]
    #9698118 -

They sell yearly sky map books.


--------------------
Tohu Tehom Theli Than Leviathan Tanin'iver Taninsam!
Tohu Tehom Theli Than Leviathan Tanin'iver Taninsam!


There exists one lie that is the absolute worst. A lie that has successfully infiltrated many of the Western governments. This lie is Christianity, and it must be fought in every way, shape and form. Burn the churches and kill the priests. The abomination that is Christianity must be wiped from this Earth.





4-Methyl-Aminorex

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bright star in the west, what is it? [Re: hpi]
    #9698349 -

hpi said:
Get yourself a telescope and go out where no one lives and star gaze. I'm about to drop almost 10 000$ on a telescope and go star gazing.

Ive got an obsession with the universe. Start reading about it, your gonna start loving the stars and the planets and galaxies etc to.



Have you ever used a telescope before?

$10,000 is a lot of cash to spend on a telescope, just to get it and not be able to use it properly.

I have had a telescope since I was 9 (over 30 years)
They are fun but they take a bit of patience to master.


--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bright star in the west, what is it? [Re: Nunbuh_Chrubble]
    #9698356 -

Quote:
Bright star



Just to clarify, its a planet not a star.  A star is a sun.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bright star in the west, what is it? [Re: niteowl]
    #9700309 -

niteowl said:
hpi said:
Get yourself a telescope and go out where no one lives and star gaze. I'm about to drop almost 10 000$ on a telescope and go star gazing.

Ive got an obsession with the universe. Start reading about it, your gonna start loving the stars and the planets and galaxies etc to.



Have you ever used a telescope before?

$10,000 is a lot of cash to spend on a telescope, just to get it and not be able to use it properly.

I have had a telescope since I was 9 (over 30 years)
They are fun but they take a bit of patience to master.



What kinda question is that? :lol:

Ive owned a couple before but the nothing like the 10k one I'm gonna get soon.

It's worth the money, Ive looked through it cause a buddy has it and WOW is all I can say.


--------------------
Tohu Tehom Theli Than Leviathan Tanin'iver Taninsam!
Tohu Tehom Theli Than Leviathan Tanin'iver Taninsam!


There exists one lie that is the absolute worst. A lie that has successfully infiltrated many of the Western governments. This lie is Christianity, and it must be fought in every way, shape and form. Burn the churches and kill the priests. The abomination that is Christianity must be wiped from this Earth.





4-Methyl-Aminorex

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

MagicBag.co Shop: Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Honey you are my shining star
( 1 2 all )
Dark_Star 1,806 26 12/14/06 04:37 PM
by Dark_Star
* happy birthday dark_star!
( 1 2 3 all )
Krishna 2,883 47 02/10/07 10:34 PM
by CaRnAgECaNdY
* The Stars Little Shroom 1,316 14 08/27/03 01:03 PM
by Adom
* Telescopes/. JaRRn 1,176 10 02/14/05 07:10 AM
by niteowl
* Dark star crashes pouring its light into ashes C20H25N3O 2,148 9 03/17/05 07:19 PM
by Smallworlds
* . z_x_x_z 818 7 04/16/05 05:40 AM
by batou
* Anyone into stars? NationofStrangers 540 10 02/24/06 12:27 AM
by eligal
* Listen to the songs of the Planets and Stars AsanteM 1,034 10 09/03/06 03:57 PM
by Konnrade

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,685 topic views. 8 members, 23 guests and 172 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.04 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.