Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |  [ show all ]
Re: King Obama [Re: flip3084]
    #9665553 -

flip3084 said:
Chakravanti said:
flip3084 said:
<Right, so he is going to End Marijuana prohibition like the people demand?>

Really? like that is the most important issue at the moment. I would love to see that just like so many other people, but to believe that it should be anything close to a top priority at this point, is insane.



Like, yes it is.  %70 of the worlds problems are directly caused by the prohibition of drugs, prostitution and other religious right ignorance crusades (to use an apt term liberally).





Ok, so where is this statistic found?? do you have a link?? I am not arguing the problems brought on my the prohibition of all illegal drugs, but there are things we need to work on first. Yes, we can make alot of money taxing rather than arresting, and decrimanlizing these substances would cut back on anywhere from 50 to 75% of violent crime... But we need to create public works projects to provide jobs(a logical economic stimulus) stop destroying other nations(so we don't have to pay to rebuild them) and stop deploying all our military resources. We should defend from home, until it is absolutely nesscesary to do otherwise. Those thins alone, would save us billons a month.



I agree with both of those projects as highly important but don't see why they would interfere with removing prohibition in favor of clinical assistance.  In fact they rather go hand in hand.

As far as 'links'  Sure.  Here are a handful to keep you busy a while:
http://journeytoforever.org/biodiesel_glycerin.html
http://www.industrialhemp.net/
http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/local/bal-md.rodricks02dec02,0,6096088.column
http://www.slate.com/id/2178795/
http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/jul/11/na-usda-urged-to-end-paying-farmers-not-to-grow-cr/

Government expenditure statistics can be had from their websites but I won't link to them for what should be obvious reasons.

Key points to look at.
Cost of Prisons
% of prisoners incarcerated on marijuana and non-violent 'crimes'
Prohibition enforcement budget
Cost of military intervention in foreign countries to enforce prohibition

It's a complex issue that requires much research.  I'm currently working on it as a project gathering such resources to show how these and more changes would occur in the face of legalisation.  This is a small token of highlights.

One more thing.  DECRIMINALISATION IS BULLSHIT.  I cannot emphasize that enough.  It is not regulation.  It leaves the same market in the hands of criminal syndicates with no quality control, clinical assistance, education reform, or distribution of safety materials.  It doesn't even take advantage of the #1 direct benefit of ending prohibition: Taxation of trade goods.

Decriminalisation is a cheap word coined by uneducated marginalists trying to appease a public very pissed off about the financial sink-hole known as the the war on drugs.


--------------------
This is a test. Just keep on going. Don't worry. We'll get it right. We've done this before.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: King Obama [Re: Louiscypher]
    #9665593 -

Louiscypher said:
Obama will not mess with the second amendment. It would be political suicide. Americans like their guns. I spew liberalism but I also own guns. The Republicant's believe it or not have done more to control guns than the Democrats.

Read on.

- Anti-gun crusaders seem worried about the advent of a Republican administration. Heaven knows why. Republicans, in recent years, have managed to do nearly as much damage to the Second Amendment as Democrats.

In 1969, journalist William Safire asked Richard Nixon what he thought about gun control. "Guns are an abomination," Nixon replied. According to Safire, Nixon went on to confess that, "Free from fear of gun owners' retaliation at the polls, he favored making handguns illegal and requiring licenses for hunting rifles."

It was President George Bush, Sr. who banned the import of "assault weapons" in 1989, and promoted the view that Americans should only be allowed to own weapons suitable for "sporting purposes."

It was Governor Ronald Reagan of California who signed the Mulford Act in 1967, "prohibiting the carrying of firearms on one's person or in a vehicle, in any public place or on any public street." The law was aimed at stopping the Black Panthers, but affected all gun owners.

Twenty-four years later, Reagan was still pushing gun control. "I support the Brady Bill," he said in a March 28, 1991 speech, "and I urge the Congress to enact it without further delay."

One of the most aggressive gun control advocates today is Republican mayor Rudolph Giuliani of New York City, whose administration sued 26 gun manufacturers in June 2000, and whose police commissioner, Howard Safir, proposed a nationwide plan for gun licensing, complete with yearly "safety" inspections.

Another Republican, New York State Governor George Pataki, on August 10, 2000, signed into law what The New York Times called "the nation’s strictest gun controls," a radical program mandating trigger locks, background checks at gun shows and "ballistic fingerprinting" of guns sold in the state. It also raised the legal age to buy a handgun to 21 and banned "assault weapons," the sale or possession of which would now be punishable by seven years in prison.

Gun control crusaders argue that the Republicans are simply yielding to grassroots pressure, to gain political advantage. But polls show little evidence of such pressure.

A Gallup/CNN/USA Today survey taken in June 1999 – only two months after the Littleton massacre – showed that the number of Americans who favored stricter gun laws had declined by 20 percent since 1990.

Public support for gun control has dwindled even further since then. An Associated Press poll released on the one-year anniversary of the Littleton shootings shows that Americans favor strict enforcement of existing laws over new gun laws – the exact position of the National Rifle Association (NRA) – by 42 to 33 percent.

That same month, a survey by the Pew Research Center showed that only 6 percent of Americans believed that tougher gun laws would prevent future school shootings.

Meanwhile, a Tarrance Group poll has shown that only 5 percent of Americans want gunmakers and gun dealers held responsible for misuse of firearms.

Clearly, the pressure for gun control is not coming from the grassroots. It comes from those layers of society that the left calls the "ruling classes" – academics, Hollywood stars, Washington insiders and multibillion-dollar media conglomerates.

The latter are particularly influential in pushing anti-gun propaganda. A study by the Media Research Center released in January 2000 showed that television news stories calling for stricter gun laws outnumbered those opposing such laws by a ratio of 10 to 1.

The blame for this media bias is traditionally assigned to "liberal journalists." And, indeed, most journalists do hold left-of-center views. A 1996 survey of working journalists by the Roper Center and the Freedom Forum showed that 89 percent had voted for Bill Clinton in 1992. Only 4 percent identified themselves as Republicans and only 2 percent as conservatives.

Yet, their "liberal" views probably have less impact on the media’s anti-gun bias than most people assume. Rank-and-file reporters have little power to influence the political spin even of their own stories.

When I worked at the New York Post in the mid-1980s, I found the newsroom filled with liberals. They grumbled constantly about the paper’s conservative slant. But they went along with it, because it was company policy.

Liberal news organizations are no different. Political bias comes from the top. Rank-and-file reporters simply do what they are told.

Those of us who cherish our Second Amendment rights are keeping our fingers crossed about George W. Bush. But the monolithic commitment America’s "ruling classes" have shown toward gun control makes one wonder whether even a president is free to buck the current.



http://www.whitehouse.gov/agenda/urban_policy/

Address Gun Violence in Cities: Obama and Biden would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: King Obama [Re: buckwheat]
    #9665613 -

buckwheat said:
A bit loose on facts there. He said why Americans would need a AK-47. The ones you can buy legally are semi-automatic not automatic,automatics are already heavily regulated and cost the same as a new economy car.. And military weapons are exactly what the 2nd amendment is all about. A ban on sporting rifles,shotguns,handguns, would be more constitutional than a ban on semi automatic Ak-47'S. So yes he is either completly against the second amendment or he doesnt understand it.



Well stated.  Nobody gives two shits about fully automatic weapons anyway.  Unless you're a relatively large militia with Vehicular assault squads or you have a defensible quasi-fortress they're completely useless tactically speaking.  In urban environments there are 0 tactical uses for them.  They take teams to operate and are only effective in large scale combat situation involving a significant troop opposition.  The same number of people could do more damage with Semi-Autos with burst capability.

The M249, while one badass weapon to fire, is virtually useless in modern warfare.  About two or three soldiers in a company carry one.  Hollywood has done quite a bit to stimulate people imaginations about the effective power of these outdated and largely inefficient weapons.


--------------------
This is a test. Just keep on going. Don't worry. We'll get it right. We've done this before.

Edited by Chakravanti (01/23/09 02:26 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: King Obama [Re: Xpatriot]
    #9665655 -

Very true, people all over the US are busting nuts on obama, he has been in office for less than a week.  Many people didn't even know who he was a year ago.  And now everyone is forking over every ounce of trust they have to some guy they no almost nothing about, but throws words out there like "change" that sound good but don't really mean anything.  How come people aren't questioning anything?


--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: King Obama [Re: buckwheat]
    #9665659 -

Just because they support it does not mean that it will happen. I'm all for keeping guns away from children. We had a 14 year old kid kill a hiker because he mistook  her for a bear. Every time a Democrat is elected all the righties start screaming about their guns are going to be taken away. Hasn't happened yet. Here's my assault rifle. .50 cal.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: King Obama [Re: Louiscypher]
    #9665703 -

Good point Louiscypher.  I should probably clarify myself.  I'm definately not a fanatic.  I'm not a naysayer or a curmudgeonist either.  I think he's a lackey and that he very well may be the anti-christ (Hey I can dream! lol) but I'll wait and see what happens.  He'd better do something about weed though.  The american people consider it to be the most important thing to address to the president.  At least those who voted in the citizen's briefing book did.


--------------------
This is a test. Just keep on going. Don't worry. We'll get it right. We've done this before.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: King Obama [Re: Chakravanti]
    #9665718 -

If he is the anti-christ then all the better.  We can get this whole Armageddon thing out of the way and live in the Kingdom of God for a thousand years.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: King Obama [Re: Silversoul]
    #9665723 -

I just hope obama isn't a fail.... or even worse an EPIC fail.


--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: King Obama [Re: Cognitive_Shift]
    #9665746 -

Like I said earlier I will support our President until he really fucks up. After that all bets are off. Take care I have to get ready for work.

Later


--------------------
1) Cars can hurt you.
2) You cannot fly.
3) It's never a good time to die.
4) Taking your clothes off will draw attention.
5) Keep your mouth shut at all times while in public.
6) Although you may see things that are not there, you won't NOT see things that are there.
7) Don't forget how to breathe.
8) Only carry: a house-key, some loose change, and your address in your shoe.
9) Nobody can tell that you are tripping until you tell them "I'm tripping".
10) No matter how fucked-up you think you are, you'll eventually come down.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: King Obama [Re: Silversoul]
    #9665750 -

Silversoul said:
If he is the anti-christ then all the better.  We can get this whole Armageddon thing out of the way and live in the Kingdom of God for a thousand years.



:rofl2:


--------------------


Nam-myoho-renge-kyo

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: King Obama [Re: Chakravanti]
    #9665778 -

[quote=buckwheat]...and making guns in this country childproof



Like the caps on medicine bottles?  LOL!

Quote:
They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent.



That is sketchy...


--------------------
This is a test. Just keep on going. Don't worry. We'll get it right. We've done this before.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: King Obama [Re: Silversoul]
    #9665781 -

Silversoul said:
If he is the anti-christ then all the better.  We can get this whole Armageddon thing out of the way and live in the Kingdom of God for a thousand years.



My thoughts exactly.


--------------------
This is a test. Just keep on going. Don't worry. We'll get it right. We've done this before.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: King Obama [Re: buckwheat]
    #9666055 -

buckwheat said:
A bit loose on facts there. He said why Americans would need a AK-47. The ones you can buy legally are semi-automatic not automatic,automatics are already heavily regulated and cost the same as a new economy car.. And military weapons are exactly what the 2nd amendment is all about. A ban on sporting rifles,shotguns,handguns, would be more constitutional than a ban on semi automatic Ak-47'S. So yes he is either completly against the second amendment or he doesnt understand it.



what are you talking about? What brand new economy car cost $2000, because thats how much an automatic assault rifle will put you back.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: King Obama [Re: Louiscypher]
    #9666074 -

Louiscypher said:
Obama will not mess with the second amendment. It would be political suicide. Americans like their guns. I spew liberalism but I also own guns. The Republicant's believe it or not have done more to control guns than the Democrats.




what are you talking about? Last I checked we had an assault weapons ban in America under Clinton, last I checked we did not under bush. Last I checked all the Republican states have great concealed carry laws, last I checked all the liberal states like california your lucky if you can even get a gun, hoping its on the roster. Am I in twilight zone, republicans controlling guns more then democrats? :confused:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: King Obama [Re: danielx]
    #9666078 -

I just want to know why i keep having dreams at night where obama is in them. Ever since his inauguration he has been in every single dream i have had. Its really weird. And no, none of them are sexual in nature.


--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: King Obama [Re: Chakravanti]
    #9666093 -

Chakravanti said:
Well stated.  Nobody gives two shits about fully automatic weapons anyway.  Unless you're a relatively large militia with Vehicular assault squads or you have a defensible quasi-fortress they're completely useless tactically speaking.  In urban environments there are 0 tactical uses for them.  They take teams to operate and are only effective in large scale combat situation involving a significant troop opposition.  The same number of people could do more damage with Semi-Autos with burst capability.

The M249, while one badass weapon to fire, is virtually useless in modern warfare.  About two or three soldiers in a company carry one.  Hollywood has done quite a bit to stimulate people imaginations about the effective power of these outdated and largely inefficient weapons.



nobody gives two shits about automatic weapons, except people who enjoy it as a hobby? and if you think squad automatic weapons are useless, tell that to the boys who have to cross that street without suppression of one. Not that it makes a difference anyway, when I think of an automatic weapon I think of an assault weapon like an AR15, AK, etc. All of which I cannot own in california because they are "evil".

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: King Obama [Re: Kada]
    #9666094 -

> I just want to know why i keep having dreams at night where obama is in them.

The mushrooms have finally made you geh.  :wink:


--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: King Obama [Re: Seuss]
    #9666102 -

Aww damn it i was hoping to keep that at bay a little longer. :P

Do we make out now? :shrug:


--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: King Obama [Re: Louiscypher]
    #9666103 -

Louiscypher said:
Just because they support it does not mean that it will happen. I'm all for keeping guns away from children. We had a 14 year old kid kill a hiker because he mistook  her for a bear. Every time a Democrat is elected all the righties start screaming about their guns are going to be taken away. Hasn't happened yet. Here's my assault rifle. .50 cal.





It happened, look back at the clinton era. Also please dont blame guns on the mishandlers, teach kids how to operate a gun.  People kill people, not guns.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: King Obama [Re: danielx]
    #9666281 -

he needs to watch the Penn and Teller Bullshit! on gun control



--------------------

"I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man" - Thomas Jefferson

Legalize Meth | Drug War Victims

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Pharmacists refusing to give birth control to women due to morals
( 1 2 3 all )
MOTH 6,274 41 11/27/04 06:56 PM
by d33p
* Who is going to the republican convention in NYC Corporal Kielbasa 1,500 19 08/19/04 11:46 AM
by mjshroomer
* we don't need no thought control cyberthreat 902 12 03/19/05 01:42 PM
by cyberthreat
* My new front I am going republican Anonymous 1,238 10 03/21/04 12:56 PM
by psikooz
* Conservative christian right wing Republican straight white American males... Hooty 1,048 2 02/02/05 12:43 AM
by blissedout
* 50,000 Swazi virgins vie to catch king's eye! lonestar2004 2,229 11 08/30/05 06:30 PM
by zappaisgod
* I'ma King Bee baby Corporal Kielbasa 962 4 09/07/04 05:42 PM
by Ripple
* My Conservative Right-Wing Republican Easter
( 1 2 3 all )
OneMoreRobot3021 5,241 41 04/08/07 02:38 PM
by jewunit

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
9,418 topic views. 1 members, 15 guests and 140 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.