Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebeautiful_loser
Stranger
Loc: AZ
Every time I wanna 'shroom.....!!!!!
    #956273 - 10/13/02 02:12 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I dont know if anyone else has this problem, but Ive done shrooms just once, about 10 days ago, anyway, Ive been wanting to do it again except this time I wanted to meditate before hand, and listen to soothing music and create a very calm environment at home before I take them. The past 3 days I have been doing this only to have my husband come home and start to pick a fight with me. Ive tried explaining to him what state of mind I want to be in before I shroom and I just want one day of no hassles (money, work, pretty much anything stressful and upsetting). It seems like because I asked him to not stress me out, it eggs him on to do it even more. So, last night I explained to him how important it is for my mind to be in a positive state, I asked if he wanted to do it with me and he said he would. So tonight I cleaned and cleaned to make my house pretty, I burned inscence, lit candles and put on some feel-good music. He comes home and right away turns on the tv and starts watching some god-awful scary scifi shit. I told him it wasnt a good idea to watch that kinda stuff before we shroom, and asked him to turn it off. Then he started yelling at me, saying that I was forcing him to shroom. I told him he didnt have to shroom, but to calm down and for us not to fight because I still wanted to do it. Then I explained again how important it is to me to have the right mindset, he started laughing at me, telling me thats dumb. Anyway, I got very upset, so I couldnt shroom, yet again. I would have been too afraid to shroom being as angry as I was. When I asked him why he said he would shroom with me when he didnt want to he said "fine, I'll shroom, will that shut you up?" Right when he said that I just started smoking pot. He apoligized later, but how can I make him understand? This is the 3rd night in a row. Maybe I was wrong, I dunno, but I just dont think its too much to ask for 1 night stress free.

--------------------
You know when you're sitting on a chair and you lean back so you're just on two legs then you lean too far and you almost fall over but at the last second you catch yourself? I feel like that all the time
---Steven Wright

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleNox
Psychonaut
Re: Every time I wanna 'shroom.....!!!!! [Re: beautiful_loser]
    #956447 - 10/13/02 04:49 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Have you ever shroomed with him?

Has he ever shroomed?

Does he approve of you shrooming?

Does he have anything to disapprove of mushrooms?

Perhaps he's just trying as hard as he could to stop you from shrooming...you should ask him if that's the case.

But maybe he's having his own problems right now and all you could do to help him was shroom yourself up? Ask him if he's having problems.

Otherwise, I myself think that's quite inconsiderate of him almost to the point that I might ask "why did you marry him in the first place".

But you should gather more input, and perhaps print out the whole thread for him to read in quiet, maybe he might understand.

Best of luck, take care.

--------------------
[The above post is made by a fictional character and is intended for amusement only.]

Offlinebeautiful_loser
Stranger
Loc: AZ
    #956466 - 10/13/02 05:05 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Have you ever shroomed with him? No

Has he ever shroomed? He took shrooms for the 1st time last saturday and got no effects, he ate 4 tacos right b4 he took the shrooms

Does he approve of you shrooming? He said he has no problem with it

Does he have anything to disapprove of mushrooms? No

My husband is usually a very loving man, and he treats me very well, he seems to be fine, but for some reason he's been blowing up only on nights that Ive planned to shroom, even my first time. Maybe he does have a problem with it but just doesnt want to say anything. I just dont know how to make him understand that you cant anger and frustrate a person right before they are going to shroom.

--------------------
You know when you're sitting on a chair and you lean back so you're just on two legs then you lean too far and you almost fall over but at the last second you catch yourself? I feel like that all the time
---Steven Wright

OfflineCubieman420
Sharing in thegroove
 User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
    #957670 - 10/13/02 06:12 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

sounds like he needs to read up on them, direct him to erowid. nothing worse than tripping with a poopdick.

--------------------
"...now waters run free, no more fish in the sea..."
1983-2004

OfflineDobie
Dopeless Hopefiend
Male User Gallery
Loc: ON DA BLOCK
    #957703 - 10/13/02 06:32 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

dammit see why cant i find people like you to trip with ive. all my friends are like that too. if your even in washington and wanna shroom in a peacful enviroment that let me know :laugh:

--------------------
This place is gayer than when the balls touch

OfflineArisEve
My Chronic

Loc: Use a GPS if ya wanna kno...
    #959761 - 10/14/02 01:09 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

He seems like an asshole... Tripping is not something to joke about and if your mindset is off your really going to trip horribly... And that could lead you to do something stupid... His ignorance on your belief to have a clear mind is a form of immaturity and I dont know if I would even want to trip with him if I were you.

--------------------
Simple pleasures in life are only to momentarily distract you from the obviousness of lifes reality...

-ArisEve

Offlinenicoley
Stranger
Re: Every time I wanna 'shroom.....!!!!! [Re: Nox]
    #8732001 - 08/06/08 12:41 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

he doesn't sound right for you.  well he just doesnt have a mind like you.  it sounds like he needs to find himself and open up his mind a little.

Offlinej0nnyb0y05
IBelieveInBelivin
Male

Loc: Going Going, Back Back to
Re: Every time I wanna 'shroom.....!!!!! [Re: nicoley]
    #8732218 - 08/06/08 02:32 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

he seems closed minded i say try to open him up, but you have to realize you cant take him serious over a matter in which he does not have any knowledge in, otherwise you will just hurt yourself in the process.

has he had any experience in this type of subject? does he smoke? because he not considering you at all in this subject and hes being a complete tool. ease him into it and then possibly go away for a weekend and do it in a private area instead of home where he can just turn on the tv. good luck

jb

--------------------
.....Healing Of People Everywhere.....

InvisibleLand_Crab
NeuroticPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: U.S.
    #8732537 - 08/06/08 07:01 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

beautiful_loser said:My husband is usually a very loving man, and he treats me very well, he seems to be fine, but for some reason he's been blowing up only on nights that Ive planned to shroom, even my first time.  Maybe he does have a problem with it but just doesn't want to say anything.

Why don't you ask him?  Ask him if he has a problem with mushrooms and the psychedelic experience; maybe it makes him uncomfortable, or he simply doesn't understand the nature and potential power of the experience.  If he says yes, then trip without him.  If he says no, then ask him if he understands how important shrooming is to you at this point.  If he doesn't, then make him understand.  If he truly loves and appreciates you he'll back off, having realized that behaving antagonistically when you're trying to relax and prepare for a special experience is genuinely upsetting and frustrating.
Such behavior is excusable up to the point you make him aware of it.  If he persists after a thorough explanation then this is a sign of deeper problems.  He doesn't have to understand or share your interest in tripping, but he does have to respect it because it costs him nothing to do so.

OfflinePlatinum
Psychonautical Engineer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: New York Flag
Re: Every time I wanna 'shroom.....!!!!! [Re: Land_Crab]
    #8732631 - 08/06/08 07:59 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Or... let him eat the shrooms so you will "shut the fuck up" - let him watch his scary sci-fi and maybe he'll realize how important a good mindset is. Of course, you should be there for him so when he realizes how bad of an idea watching that shit is while tripping, you'll be able to comfort him and bring him back (Sorry if that sounded mean, didn't mean it like that)

Experience is the only way to change someones views on this subject. Telling them won't do a damn thing. IMO the only real way he'll realize is if he realizes first hand. I'm not saying let him bug the fuck out and have a bad trip, but maybe some first hand experience isn't such a bad thing. He may have more respect and understand why the way you are.

Like I said though, if you chose to do this, definitely be there for him when he realizes how wrong he was. And I suggest you don't watch that scary sci-fi shit with him heh.

Edited by Platinum (08/06/08 08:00 AM)

OfflineNunbuh_Chrubble
I'm just a kittycat
Male User Gallery

Re: Every time I wanna 'shroom.....!!!!! [Re: Platinum]
    #8732668 - 08/06/08 08:21 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I'm not relationship expert, but it sounds like you guys have to work on your communication.

It seems that he either doesn't respect your desire/interest to trip, or he has some sort of problems that he's dealing with. Maybe he feels that you're putting your desire to trip over his needs.

I mean, imagine if you came home all stressed out and your spouse told you to not vent your concerns around them because they wanted to eat shrooms rather than listen to your problems.

Then again, if he just came home and started fighting/bitching for no reason, then that's another issue in itself.

I suggest calmly and compassionately asking him about what he's stressed about and try to communicate to him (ever so softly) how important it is to you to have a meditative trip, and ask if he could make accomidations for you to be alone.

--------------------

"This day is a lover..."

~Rumi

Offlinegreystealth
Corrupt Cop

#8732692 - 08/06/08 08:32 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

beautiful_loser said:
I dont know if anyone else has this problem, but Ive done shrooms just once, about 10 days ago, anyway, Ive been wanting to do it again except this time I wanted to meditate before hand, and listen to soothing music and create a very calm environment at home before I take them.  The past 3 days I have been doing this only to have my husband come home and start to pick a fight with me.  Ive tried explaining to him what state of mind I want to be in before I shroom and I just want one day of no hassles (money, work, pretty much anything stressful and upsetting).  It seems like because I asked him to not stress me out, it eggs him on to do it even more.  So, last night I explained to him how important it is for my mind to be in a positive state, I asked if he wanted to do it with me and he said he would.  So tonight I cleaned and cleaned to make my house pretty, I burned inscence, lit candles and put on some feel-good music.  He comes home and right away turns on the tv and starts watching some god-awful scary scifi shit.  I told him it wasnt a good idea to watch that kinda stuff before we shroom, and asked him to turn it off.  Then he started yelling at me, saying that I was forcing him to shroom.  I told him he didnt have to shroom, but to calm down and for us not to fight because I still wanted to do it.  Then I explained again how important it is to me to have the right mindset, he started laughing at me, telling me thats dumb.  Anyway, I got very upset, so I couldnt shroom, yet again.  I would have been too afraid to shroom being as angry as I was.  When I asked him why he said he would shroom with me when he didnt want to he said "fine, I'll shroom, will that shut you up?"  Right when he said that I just started smoking pot.  He apoligized later, but how can I make him understand?  This is the 3rd night in a row.  Maybe I was wrong, I dunno, but I just dont think its too much to ask for 1 night stress free. 

This was written in 2002, WTF did somebody bump it.

She was last seen 4 years, 10 months ago....

PLZ PAY ATTN OR GTFO, THX. =P

--------------------

Edited by greystealth (08/06/08 08:34 AM)

OfflinePlatinum
Psychonautical Engineer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: New York Flag
Re: Every time I wanna 'shroom.....!!!!! [Re: greystealth]
    #8732729 - 08/06/08 08:53 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

greystealth said:
Quote:

beautiful_loser said:
I dont know if anyone else has this problem, but Ive done shrooms just once, about 10 days ago, anyway, Ive been wanting to do it again except this time I wanted to meditate before hand, and listen to soothing music and create a very calm environment at home before I take them.  The past 3 days I have been doing this only to have my husband come home and start to pick a fight with me.  Ive tried explaining to him what state of mind I want to be in before I shroom and I just want one day of no hassles (money, work, pretty much anything stressful and upsetting).  It seems like because I asked him to not stress me out, it eggs him on to do it even more.  So, last night I explained to him how important it is for my mind to be in a positive state, I asked if he wanted to do it with me and he said he would.  So tonight I cleaned and cleaned to make my house pretty, I burned inscence, lit candles and put on some feel-good music.  He comes home and right away turns on the tv and starts watching some god-awful scary scifi shit.  I told him it wasnt a good idea to watch that kinda stuff before we shroom, and asked him to turn it off.  Then he started yelling at me, saying that I was forcing him to shroom.  I told him he didnt have to shroom, but to calm down and for us not to fight because I still wanted to do it.  Then I explained again how important it is to me to have the right mindset, he started laughing at me, telling me thats dumb.  Anyway, I got very upset, so I couldnt shroom, yet again.  I would have been too afraid to shroom being as angry as I was.  When I asked him why he said he would shroom with me when he didnt want to he said "fine, I'll shroom, will that shut you up?"  Right when he said that I just started smoking pot.  He apoligized later, but how can I make him understand?  This is the 3rd night in a row.  Maybe I was wrong, I dunno, but I just dont think its too much to ask for 1 night stress free. 

This was written in 2002, WTF did somebody bump it.

She was last seen 4 years, 10 months ago....

PLZ PAY ATTN OR GTFO, THX. =P

The person who bumped it is a new person, instead of directing that comment towards all of us, try directing it towards the idiot who bumped it.

I for one don't always look at when the OP made the post, I assume that since it's near the top it was posted recently. So chill...

InvisibleShad0w
In trouble again.
Male

Re: Every time I wanna 'shroom.....!!!!! [Re: Platinum]
    #8732787 - 08/06/08 09:11 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Well, We could just keep this topic alive for a few more hours, see if we can get it 3 or 4 pages long....

Question: Why would anyone WANT to trip with someone who seemed highly volotile?

InvisibleChronic7

Re: Every time I wanna 'shroom.....!!!!! [Re: Shad0w]
    #8734513 - 08/06/08 03:39 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Shad0w said:

Question: Why would anyone WANT to trip with someone who seemed highly volotile?

Exactly, trust me when i say you do not want to have an arguement on shrooms, i broke up with someone because they argued with me when i was tripping, they wouldnt leave it so i left them. I would not be tripping around him if he doesnt even beleive in 'getting in the right frae of mind' and picks fights with you, maybe remind him your his wife & he needs to respect your desires.

incence & chill music :thumbup:

:peace:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom