Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinestew248
Stranger

Re using a casing?
    #956404 - 10/13/02 03:58 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Im a first time grower. I have a little crop growing in a tub of compost. I planted it from a mycobag with rye berries. I am starting my 3rd flush, and i was wondering if it was posible to pick a couple chunks of mycelium out, and plant them in a new tub with compost. Would the mycelium be able to grow and case that whole tub like it did to the original one?  :confused: If that isn't posible is there any other way to re use a casing? 

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDobie
Dopeless Hopefiend
Male User Gallery
Loc: ON DA BLOCK
Re: Re using a casing? [Re: stew248]
    #956420 - 10/13/02 04:31 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

yea you can use a chunk of mycelium to spawn another container

--------------------
This place is gayer than when the balls touch

Offlinestew248
Stranger

Re: Re using a casing? [Re: Dobie]
    #956431 - 10/13/02 04:38 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Sweet!! how much mycelium should i pick out of the other container? And should i use pieces that are pinning, or have lots of knots in them? or should i try to use the fluffy stuff? or does it even matter? Oh i got the compost from that crazy homestead kit, what kind of compost should i look for at the store?

--------------------

OfflineDobie
Dopeless Hopefiend
Male User Gallery
    #956438 - 10/13/02 04:44 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

i dont know how good it would work if its already pinning better wait on someone smarter

--------------------

Offlinestew248
Stranger

Re: Re using a casing? [Re: Dobie]
    #956451 - 10/13/02 04:51 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah i've already grown two flushes... Thats what i was worried about.. I guess my question is, can i spawn another container if the casing is already producing fruits.

--------------------

Offlinestew248
Stranger

#957015 - 10/13/02 01:26 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Also in my casing, the mycelium is bright white all around the edges and in patches, and in the middle it looks like cobwebs.. Is it posible that i have contamination? But like i said its all fruiting around the sides...

--------------------

OfflineDocPsilocybin
enthusiast

#957086 - 10/13/02 01:58 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

If I were going to try to reuse a casing I'd wait until it was done fruiting to use it to spawn the next one.  OR if you wanted to waste a mushroom I'd throw it in the blender with some sterilized water, whip it up into a mushroom milkshake and pour it into a spawn bag.  Should take about a week to fully colonize, then you can spawn your casing with your bag.  Hell, you might even be able to get away with pouring the mushshake over the casing if you were very sterile... Maybe, I'm not sure though. 

I wouldn't rip chunks of mycellium off of a fruiting casing, it might put the mycelium into shock and introduce contams, or just stop the fruiting.  Risky  :cool:

--------------------
You can't hold a man down without staying down with him.
-- Booker T. Washington

InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

Loc: A little North of Paradis...
    #957169 - 10/13/02 02:33 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

You can do about anything. The question is -- will it work?

A fresh fully colonized casing defends itself from contam's. The longer it is exposed, the more flush's it puts out, the more chance contam's will set in.

Sure, you could do that. But, since your introducing it into a fresh uncolonized casing. Odds are you may also intro a contam, which has a much greater chance of getting a foothold in a fresh uncolonized casing.

Learn G2G transfers. Once you have that down, you will have spawn out the gazooo & can start fresh casings at your leisure from a stock of spawn jars. You can store fully colonized spawn jars for months in a fridge.

6T  :tongue:

--------------------
~whiskey river rafting, hot tubbing, dirty dancing & spending money on - wild women - having fun & just gonna waste the rest~

Offlinestew248
Stranger

Re: Re using a casing? [Re: DocPsilocybin]
    #957201 - 10/13/02 02:52 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

So i could actually grind up a mushroom, and attempt to colonise the compost? Also if i baught sterilised compost, would i just open it when im ready to plant the mycelium, and throw that in the tub then add the mycelium? Or is there anything I have to do special to keep it sterile? Because last time as soon as my bag was colonised, i just put the compost they gave me in the tub, and mixed the mycelium from the mycobag with my hands. (with rubber gloves on) I defenantly don't want to hurt the fruiting mycelium because then im shit out of luck. But i do want to do the casing over again, this time i can take better care of it. The only reason im trying to do all this is because i don't have a credit card yet, so i can't order syringes. Otherwise i'd just get a new mycobag and syringe. What kind of compost should i look for at the store? Or do yall sugest somthing differnt?

--------------------

OfflineDobie
Dopeless Hopefiend
Male User Gallery
    #957226 - 10/13/02 03:08 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

you dont need a credit card really allota guys take cash

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract