Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Re: Why America isn't in the Bible [Re: kriminalelement]
    #9533516 -

kriminalelement said:
Quote:
Haha man I feel you, I am in the same exact boat. Studying ecology & evolutionary biology. I went back home for the holidays and my family is all Catholic...



I don't understand this. Since the 1960's (Vatican II) the church has fully endorsed evolution. Don't they keep up with the times?

Half of my family is Catholic, the other half Lutheran. I'm from Texas. I've never had ANYBODY in my family come up with some shit like this. Religious moderates do exist; in fact, to me they're much more real than crazies. I tend to think of the crazies as exaggerated versions of reality, but I keep being reassured that a lot of people really are this nuts.  WTF is wrong with your mother? Maybe you should help her experience going to a normal church, maybe a church where the people have some money and aren't prone to crazy crackpot theories.... you know, where the parishoners are wealthy enough to be kind of shallow. I've found those Christians tend to be more moderate, they have a lot to lose so they don't pick up snakes or roll around on the floor...



thats the whole thing, i went to that church with her once, its a brand new church with a preacher who obviously isnt hurting for money, and hes in his 30s. they have giant 73" flat screen HDTVs and a huge stage with sick instruments for the gay jesus music.
i view it as a positive change from their last church, but when i heard this i was like fuck me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why America isn't in the Bible [Re: AmericanPsycho]
    #9533552 -

AmericanPsycho said:
unretarded said:
Yes they have ...and this is thier master plan..........


http://www.moviesfoundonline.com/gods_next_army.php



Did you know that big shot Evangelical preacher Ted Haggard was caught buying meth and having sex with a male prostitute ?


this guy...







Dawkins ftw. Haggard is such a tool.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why America isn't in the Bible [Re: smac1009]
    #9533559 -

now after you watch that video, watch the revised version lol



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why America isn't in the Bible [Re: AmericanPsycho]
    #9533694 -

fucking :rofl:

that was an awesome edit. they shouldve shown him with a mefs pipe

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why America isn't in the Bible [Re: uber_aj]
    #9533802 -

Man religious people are fucken nuts!!

My family isn't religious at all, never a mention of jesus or God etc. Basically they just believe in the Universe like I do.

I'm Catholic cause I'm Italian I guess? Anyways I'm totally anti religion but I wanna know whats it mean to be Catholic? What do those nut cases believe in? I know in the churches where I live there always empty except for the old generation Italians who are our grandparents. Those churches are quiet inside and there's no crazy preaching going on or anything of that sort. 

I'd just like to know why in the fuck Ive wasted 2 years of my life in 2nd and 5th grade doing my comunion and graduation.

So, catholics differ from Christians how in there beliefs?


--------------------
Tohu Tehom Theli Than Leviathan Tanin'iver Taninsam!
Tohu Tehom Theli Than Leviathan Tanin'iver Taninsam!


There exists one lie that is the absolute worst. A lie that has successfully infiltrated many of the Western governments. This lie is Christianity, and it must be fought in every way, shape and form. Burn the churches and kill the priests. The abomination that is Christianity must be wiped from this Earth.





4-Methyl-Aminorex

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why America isn't in the Bible [Re: uber_aj]
    #9533847 -

I had a similar discussion with my step father, he said dinosaurs
never existed because the bible never mentioned them, pops was an
ordained minister, I asked why we find evidence of their existence
in the ground constantly, his response "the devil put them bones
there to make you doubt the word of god!" I said, "well that
explains a lot, I suppose the devil gave us cars so we'd turn our
backs on god for the luxuries of sloth, now we'll all burn in hell"

he told me to get the fuck out of the car

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why America isn't in the Bible [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #9533870 -

Prisoner#1 said:
I had a similar discussion with my step father, he said dinosaurs
never existed because the bible never mentioned them, pops was an
ordained minister, I asked why we find evidence of their existence
in the ground constantly, his response "the devil put them bones
there to make you doubt the word of god!" I said, "well that
explains a lot, I suppose the devil gave us cars so we'd turn our
backs on god for the luxuries of sloth, now we'll all burn in hell"

he told me to get the fuck out of the car



:rofl:


--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why America isn't in the Bible [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #9533882 -

Prisoner#1 said:
I had a similar discussion with my step father, he said dinosaurs
never existed because the bible never mentioned them, pops was an
ordained minister, I asked why we find evidence of their existence
in the ground constantly, his response "the devil put them bones
there to make you doubt the word of god!" I said, "well that
explains a lot, I suppose the devil gave us cars so we'd turn our
backs on god for the luxuries of sloth, now we'll all burn in hell"

he told me to get the fuck out of the car



Dude, :confused:

Sorry man but your step fathers a complete and total fool. I feel for you having to hear that and have that kinda stupidity around you.:sad::mad2:


--------------------
Tohu Tehom Theli Than Leviathan Tanin'iver Taninsam!
Tohu Tehom Theli Than Leviathan Tanin'iver Taninsam!


There exists one lie that is the absolute worst. A lie that has successfully infiltrated many of the Western governments. This lie is Christianity, and it must be fought in every way, shape and form. Burn the churches and kill the priests. The abomination that is Christianity must be wiped from this Earth.





4-Methyl-Aminorex

Edited by hpi (01/02/09 07:32 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why America isn't in the Bible [Re: hpi]
    #9533922 -

dont feel bad for me, I didnt judge him for what he believed, I did
antagonize him a lot though, just pointing out his errors in
believing the bible was infallible, I have friend I do the same
thing with, his parents are missionaries and regularly in africa,
his father came back with undiagnosed malaria and slept for 2 days
solid at my house, I dosed him up with tonic water to help his
ailment a little until he could get to a doctor... apparently I'm a
healer now. Anyway I pissed off zoolander (my friend) to the point
that he actually slammed his bible on the ground and kicked it
across the parking lot... I just cant help myself sometiems

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why America isn't in the Bible [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #9534036 -

I'd like to drink a beer with your dad


--------------------

Discuss Politics

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why America isn't in the Bible [Re: Ferris]
    #9534065 -

that may be a little difficult, he quit drinking years ago, he died a couple years ago

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why America isn't in the Bible [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #9534105 -

I'll travel back to when he was alive and thirsty  :superkitty:


--------------------

Discuss Politics

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why America isn't in the Bible [Re: Ferris]
    #9534177 -

ok, have fun but dont let his size intimidate you, he was 6'7" and
about 375lbs in his prime, played football in the days of leather
helmets, I think that explains some of his beliefs

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why America isn't in the Bible [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #9534198 -

Holy crap, maybe I can travel to back before I smoked when I ran track, just in case


--------------------

Discuss Politics

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why America isn't in the Bible [Re: Ferris]
    #9534305 -

I did plumbing with him for some years and I'll tell ya, he was
quite the scene on a jobsite, someone stole one of his tools one
day, in a very loud but calm voice he said "I cant believe someone
would take another mans tools, cant make no money without my tools,
I guess if it dont turn up in a couple of minutes I may have to get
upset and shake the rats out of the rafters"


he sent me to get it 5 minutes later and it mysteriously reappeard

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why America isn't in the Bible [Re: memes]
    #9534475 -

meams said:
yer mom = dumb.




:lol:


--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why America isn't in the Bible [Re: Ferris]
    #9534529 -

Ferris said:
I like the Mormon explanation for dinosaurs though.  They claim that there are multiple gods ruling over multiple worlds.  They say that dinosaurs are likely beings that have already completed the divine plan and gone to the afterlife, and that our god reused the matter from another planet to create this one. 



wtf? So T-rex is kind of like Buddha according to them?

And also:


Edited by DimensionX (01/02/09 09:07 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why America isn't in the Bible [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #9534616 -

Alan Rockefeller said:
Quote:
America is going to fall apart, b/c it is not mentioned in the Bible.




Dinosaurs were also omitted from the bible and look what happened to them.



New signature material >:D


--------------------
"We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that our eyes once watered."
-Tom Stoppard

"He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."
-Samuel Johnson

I will be a cancer upon you, ravaging all that you love and sundering your beliefs. Then, and only then, once you have fallen so far and are but a shell of that which you once were, I will grant you your every dream.
Only to crush them all before your eyes. You doubted my willpower, you abused my generosity, and now you will recognize my cruelty.
-Anonymous

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* America is kinda freaking me out.. anyone else?
( 1 2 all )
Chills420 version2 7,116 37 02/27/03 05:21 PM
by Baby_Hitler
* Leaving America
( 1 2 3 all )
Adom 5,981 44 08/25/03 04:52 PM
by pattern
* the dumbing down of america
( 1 2 all )
kaiowas 3,625 32 08/29/03 03:53 AM
by geokills
* dinosaur birds helped us choose our band name! ajna 1,125 8 01/09/05 03:58 PM
by Great Scott
* michael moore hates america
( 1 2 all )
SoDak_Stranger 2,860 34 07/09/04 04:26 PM
by Adom
* Seperation of Church and State NikolaiMcGreggor 1,143 10 03/29/04 08:39 PM
by TheShroomHermit
* Protecting America?s Children DragonEyes 2,488 16 10/20/02 05:35 PM
by pezbomb
* The Inca trail and traveling south america Anonymous 1,432 11 05/19/04 06:51 AM
by Krishna

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,184 topic views. 2 members, 10 guests and 152 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 15 queries.