Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
outdoor to indoor???? *DELETED*
    #945238 -

Post deleted by shroomerylurker

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: outdoor to indoor???? [Re: shroomerylurker]
    #945345 -

nope I haven't sorry shroomerylurker.

thanks for asking me to look at your thread though. :smile:

I don't do outdoor patches of cubensis cause the weather is too cold most of the year up here. :frown:
I didn't have enough time this summer cause I had my son.
Next year for sure!!

I saw someone on the board bring some cow patties with mycelium in from outside and they fruited them in a fruiting chamber.....they had some nice cubies too.
I think you could do what Moe said and transfer some mycelium onto agar.
Then grow it off some rye grain or birdseed....after you grow it out on agar.

As far as nats and fruit flies.....hate them bastards!
They can sneek into your casings and lay eggs faster than Moe can sneek into someones yard and steal there mushrooms off their lawn. :wink:
I have had to thow out a few casings due to them bastards.
 


--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!


Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: outdoor to indoor???? [Re: shroomerylurker]
    #945347 -

If you're going to attempt spawning a bulk substrate with mycelium that you dug out of the ground, you're probably not going to do too well. Not only will you require an inordinate amount of mycelium to pull this off properly, the more material you introduce from outdoors, the greater the odds of contamination.

If it were me, I would probably grow the mycelium out on agar first, isolate good clean growth, and then use an agar wedge to innoculate a jar of grain. When the grain is colonized, it will make an excellent spawn for the bulk substrate.

Good luck


--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: outdoor to indoor???? [Re: shroomerylurker]
    #945358 -

Quote:
If it were me, I would probably grow the mycelium out on agar first, isolate good clean growth, and then use an agar wedge to innoculate a jar of grain. When the grain is colonized, it will make an excellent spawn for the bulk substrate.



mickey_rourke said all shroomerylurker.... have fun :smile:


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Post deleted by Moe Howard [Re: mickey_rourke]
    #945369 -



--------------------
Hugs and Kisses!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: outdoor to indoor???? [Re: shroomerylurker]
    #945383 -

Mo's advice is right on the money.

It could be done. But in a small was, as Mo suggests.

Wild prints are iffy at best & almost always generaly have some associated contam. Unless your lottery winner lucky :laugh:.

Correspondingly, wild myc would also be somewhat dirty. Moreover, severing myc shocks it :shocked::.

If one were to gather a a clean bit of wild myc, go straight to agar with it -- quick --& isolate a clean strand after it begins to colonize that agar, then put that clean isolate to new agar petri, let it colonize, then use those as colonized wedges to innoc sterilized grain or seed jars would be about the best bet.

It would be safer to start with a clean syringe from a reputable vendor like TLG or R44.  :grin:

But, whatever floats your boat. A H202 bath does not gurentee sterility & may not kill all gnat larvae, if present?

But, hey, what the hell. It sounds like a free shot at something. If you give it a try? Post a follow up on how it went.

6T :tongue: 


--------------------
~whiskey river rafting, hot tubbing, dirty dancing & spending money on - wild women - having fun & just gonna waste the rest~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: outdoor to indoor???? [Re: Macey Howard]
    #945385 -

I expounded on your post.. :grin: 


--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: outdoor to indoor???? *DELETED* [Re: shroomerylurker]
    #945444 -

Post deleted by shroomerylurker

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: outdoor to indoor???? [Re: shroomerylurker]
    #945455 -

I doubt you will be able to pull it off considering your circumstances.


--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: outdoor to indoor???? [Re: shroomerylurker]
    #945521 -

>So he was wondering if since is was so established if it would work just transplanting it.

I?d say this would be our best bet. You could try to collect it, put into a big paper bag and store in a cellar in cold till you move it to the new patch.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: outdoor to indoor???? [Re: Anno]
    #945529 -

Did he mean transplanting to another outdoor location in the future or transplanting indoors?


--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: outdoor to indoor???? [Re: shroomerylurker]
    #945855 -

due to time and temperature constraints I'm trying a similar idea....
I have some azure colonised chips in a tray, but as the fruiting conditions are likely to end before decent fruiting occurs if the chips were used to make an outdoor bed, my plan is to leave the tray outdoors until the weather gets too cold, or until primordia form, then move the tray indoors into an unheated garage, which should provide roughly suitable conditions for fruiting to occur, or continue if it has already started.


--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
hmmm........

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: outdoor to indoor???? [Re: Champion des Champignons]
    #952044 -

I think the main thing that would determine if you even try it is two fold:

1. Are you sure it will be too cold and
2. Do you have any other cultivation attempts going on indoors right now?

In a hurry now, answer those and I'll expound later.


--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: outdoor to indoor???? *DELETED* [Re: mycofile]
    #952854 -

Post deleted by shroomerylurker

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: outdoor to indoor???? [Re: shroomerylurker]
    #953046 -

OK, sounds like it is pretty cold there. So, you pretty much have to move it inside or you will get nothing.

With no other indoor projects going, you don't need to worry about contamination as much. If you had indoor projects, bringing in the outdoor patch could threaten them via cross contamination spread by the bugs and flies which are likely in the outdoor patch.

I'd bring it in. Dig it up as carefully as you can. Disrupting the substrate may give the contaminate spores, which are definately in there, the chance to prloliferate and overun the substrate. Keep in mind that you do have contaminate spores in the patch, you just have to optimize EVERYTHING so that all the conditions favor mycelium over contams. Constantly moving air. Propper air exchange. Propper humidity levels.

All of that should keep the contams at bay long enough to get at least a flush or two. Esp. don't let the air around the patch get stagnant. Do not seal it up in an airtight rubbermaid and hope to get by by fanning it once a day.

I think you have a decent chance of success.


--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Outdoor patches with contaminated cakes? OmegaRed 2,526 14 05/21/03 06:54 PM
by jehst
* Can I spawn an outdoor patch with contaminated cakes? neuronjon 2,643 3 05/15/03 01:26 PM
by Ekstaza
* outdoor/indoor question iam_craig 891 3 10/23/02 11:00 PM
by iam_craig
* Contaminated rice cakes imafungi 1,572 12 10/02/04 12:54 PM
by Tweet420
* Outdoor growers: Mushrooms for those who respond! BigJohnson 1,238 12 03/18/03 08:17 AM
by george castanza
* Visions basket outdoors Psychoslut 595 5 06/13/04 12:26 AM
by Iamthewalrus
* transplanting visionary 680 7 10/06/04 09:32 AM
by scatmanrav
* Colonizing jars outdoors...Possible? donkey_lipz 1,455 16 08/29/04 07:53 PM
by donkey_lipz

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,396 topic views. 12 members, 48 guests and 130 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.034 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 14 queries.