Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Anonymous #1

Skinny City Guy Works With Big Rednecks That Dont Like Him
    #9520742 - 12/30/08 09:19 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

So basically, I've been at my job for a little over a year.  I'm from a city and I work in a small hick town.

When I first got the job, I immediately notice that the culture was completely different than what I am used to.  Basically, it was full of rednecks(not bad, dont get me wrong) that seemed like nice people.  Except that right away, I could tell that the girls there didn't really like me and that's completely opposite of all my other jobs and just in general.  Almost everyone is much bigger in the hips than me.

Over the course of a year, I have picked up on little things they try to do to irritate me.  Like get in my way on purpose and take their time, talk loudly about me negatively when I am near, etc.  I was also told by someone that no one there likes me.

A guy also said, "you just come into work, do your job, keep to yourself, stay out of everyones business, and for some reason, everyone is always pissed at you".

This isn't a problem for me, because I like the work and the job, and I am not the type of person to make friends with co-workers.  But it can delay me and hurt my performance, which can get me into trouble.  There's no way I can prove they are doing this.

Today, this nasty lady that is always purposely getting in my way and then just "stalling" got in my way, took her time, and when she went by me, I fucked it all up and said "trash".  :nonono:  This kind of thing wont happen again.  But she is so trashy and persistent that her persistence has started to irritate me.

I slack off a lot, but it's just the fact that some try SOOO hard.  Obviously I have taken a little piece of their ego and they want it back.

Should I just pretend like I am mad when they do it?

What would you do?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBooby
Agent Mulder
 User Gallery
Re: Skinny City Guy Works With Big Rednecks That Dont Like Him [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #9521140 - 12/30/08 10:44 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

No fair picking on the Rednecks, Dude. You big-city folks your office-drama too. Gotta love that movie "Office-space."

--------------------
Let it not be remembered
That mycelium eats detritus and dies
But that life in all it's glory
Counts mycelium to be on it's side.

Offlinepsilog
{o:o}
Male User Gallery

Loc: home on the range
Re: Skinny City Guy Works With Big Rednecks That Dont Like Him [Re: Booby]
    #9521625 - 12/31/08 12:34 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I had a similar experience this summer.  I was working on a cattle ranch with a bunch of rough and tough sumna bitches.  I was the city slicker college kid and they were the tried and true.  Things were rough for awhile until I started playing their games.  I earned their respect through my wit and general change of attitude toward "I don't give a fuck". 

Sounds like you haven't given them a reason to like you.

Edit:  What kinda work are yall doing?

--------------------

Edited by psilog (12/31/08 12:36 AM)

Invisiblerod
Ψ
 User Gallery

Re: Skinny City Guy Works With Big Rednecks That Dont Like Him [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #9522252 - 12/31/08 05:24 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Do they think your a slacker?

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Skinny City Guy Works With Big Rednecks That Dont Like Him [Re: rod]
    #9529969 - 01/01/09 11:21 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

i think its normal for an outsider to have to prove himself before he's accepted by a group.

so it depends...  if you're thinking you really want to work here, then let them know you are here to stay and they can't fuck around with you because you won't put up with it.  but don't freak out, be calm, collected and direct.

this also means you have to work hard.
if you are a slacker, then nobody is going to want to work with you, obviously.

i worked for an excavation crew after i got my bachelors. (i felt like punishing myself with grunt work i guess).  they were kind of passive dicks to me until they saw i was a hard and reliable worker and then they were cool.

one thing that really pissed me off though was this one guy who was always running his mouth.  he would start to make fun of me and when i told him to cut the shit he would act all hurt, like he was just kidding around and i was the mean guy.  that shit pissed me off.

anyways... fuck excavation.

InvisibleMisterMuscaria
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #9529997 - 01/01/09 11:30 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Being a suburban white kid people automatically hate me when I work in the city AND when I work in the country.(city people assume Im redneck and country people assume Im city and when they figure out Im suburban they hate me even more) Being hippieish people automatically hate me when I work in the suburbs. Ive got a hard time holding onto jobs where people are that judgemental. Redneck girls usually love me though.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom