Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineSuperLazy
As lazy as theycome

Re: I GOT MY ASS BEAT DOWN AT WORK [Re: ZippoZ]
    #2049194 - 10/27/03 11:27 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

You sound like you'd be the type who'd subscribe to the family's (LSD family that is) view of things. Not saying that's a bad thing, it's your decision, but maybe you'd be happier with a group or enivronment like that. Just throwin that out. Sorry about what happened, I'd press charges at the very least.

--------------------
" Don't ration your compassion " - unknown

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineorizon
shroomin bliss

Re: I GOT MY ASS BEAT DOWN AT WORK [Re: SuperLazy]
    #2049707 - 10/28/03 03:23 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Im quite surprised that a leutenant in the army would become so violent as long as only words were exchanged. Are you sure you did'nt swing first? I know the first thing they teach you in the army-self defense is discipline. Thats why we dont see black belt ninjas kickin peoples asses on the street. I also know that since he aquired military training that the charges will be much greater against him than if he was just a regualar civilian at the bar because he holds an obligation to contain his advantages. For example..Mike Tyson will get much heavily charged if he gets into a bar fight and fucks somebody up, even if he didnt provoke the fight. Im sure you have already made up your mind by now about whether or not you want to press heavy charges, So I will just say that you will have a really good case if thats what you choose to do. An easy out of court cash settlement is what I'd go for to atleast cover medical charges and money lost from not working. He would probally like that as well so he can retain his reputation in the army.
Good luck

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: I GOT MY ASS BEAT DOWN AT WORK [Re: orizon]
    #2049711 - 10/28/03 03:28 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Im sure you have already made up your mind by now about whether or not you want to press heavy charges

no i havent, im still scrambled in the head from the concussion.
i dont believe in the american legal system and i dont like suing people, or id be sooo rich by now.

i would like to see that this man never serves in the armed forces, just because that would be one less killer on the payroll of the u.s. goverment

what am i going to do.
tripping showed me that all this financial and war stuff was bullshit.
i cant turn on what i learned oi! or is this somthing new to learn?

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Offlineorizon
shroomin bliss

#2049780 - 10/28/03 04:49 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I dont like suing people either man. My first job I was working Fast food and an airconditioning vent-duct wasnt properly maintained. A mop was holding the thing up and when I entered the pantry, the thing tumbled down on my head. I got 16 stiches and was knocked unconsciousness. I could of been a dick and suid the shit out of the coorperation. Claiming I have mental issues and headaches-etc... But they picked up the medical charges and that was that. I didnt even ask them too, when I left the hospital, my mom said some guys came in (I guess hired from the company) and made sure I was totally taken care of. In your case, you are having to pay money out of your pocket, loosing money from not working and sitting in pain because some guy could'nt control his rage?!? If attempting to get this guy to be discharged from the armed forces brings you peace of mind then do what you wish. But for me, I would get some easy cash and teach the guy a lesson in self control.
Just as a side note, there is no excuse for what this guy did, but I personally have a profound respect for our boys that are fighting in Iraq for what they feel and what they are told is a good cause. (whether it is or not is a matter of opinion) They are simply taking orders from there superiors to ensure the security of out nation. I dont want to rub shoulders here but look at the situation this way: As long as you are an American citizen, and there is a war going on bewtween nations (now or the future), there is a volunteer who is offering his/her services in place of yours. Our army is so built up now that a draft is out of the question but there are people who are in our shoes getting fucked up on the other side of the world. I dont agree with all the decisions that are government makes but I still think out country is the best this world has to offer. Maybe Im just a little bit more patriotic cause my dad was a world War II vet and if the US did'nt enter that War than we would probally be a Nazi German colony....Vietnam is a different story. All Im saying is show some respect when you see those guys. You dont have to run up and greet them like me but atleast be aware that they are seeing their friends getting killed while we are over here livin the good life. There just following orders not making them so express your dissaproval towards the gov't not the army.
Peace, Orizon

InvisibleSuffer
puter dork
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: MA
    #2049787 - 10/28/03 05:02 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

good call orizon

yea, id say to sue this asshole... there is no excuse for what he did.
Like i said before... what happens when he comes to a restraunt I go to and fucks me up because I tell him what I really think? He needs to learn that there are consiquences for his actions.

He could have done that to anyone, so help make sure that he wont.

--------------------

OfflineOOKLA
Mr.Slippyfist

Re: I GOT MY ASS BEAT DOWN AT WORK *DELETED* [Re: Suffer]
    #2049817 - 10/28/03 05:26 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Post deleted by OOKLA

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: I GOT MY ASS BEAT DOWN AT WORK [Re: OOKLA]
    #2050709 - 10/28/03 01:54 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

yeah i could be very rich, and i could take his money and move to canada, or i could buy a big farm and start some sort of sommunal living thing, which is what i would like to do.
i have an opportunity to fund all of my dreams here, but is it wrong to do so?
id rather just settle and have this guy go through some recovery rehab thing for a year or 2 instead of sending him to jail. im sure he would like this too, but im sure if he is not in jail he will be off at war so.........

--------------------
PEACE

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Offlineorizon
shroomin bliss

#2050795 - 10/28/03 02:15 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Just as another quick reminder, you should take pictures of your wounds now before they heal so you can present them in court if the time ever comes up that you do want to press charges. Im not saying that time will ever come but they are nice to have around for the jury can get an visual idea of the beating (sounded pretty bad to me).

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
    #2051901 - 10/28/03 09:07 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

i'd stay a few hours later at work so that a man just back from a life-endangering ordeal could be with his family.

why wouldn't you?

selfishness? lazyness? lame-ass political statement?

what is it?

Do you endorse military favoritism in legislation, too, or just personal practice?

The fact that that asshole even used his military service as part of an arguement for why a stranger should do him a favor is fucking pathetic. How would you like it if a strange black person came up to you and asked you to do him a favor because your ancestors enslaved his family?

Favoritism is favoritism. The military is a special interest. fuck them.

OfflineMisstressChrissha
Suductress

Loc: Milky Way
Re: I GOT MY ASS BEAT DOWN AT WORK [Re: DoctorJ]
    #2053120 - 10/29/03 07:57 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I just wanted to say that I hope you get to feeling better soon.

Offlineakridine
Jedi knight
Loc: UK
Re: I GOT MY ASS BEAT DOWN AT WORK [Re: neutralizer]
    #2053255 - 10/29/03 09:37 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

this is a legnthy post and i havent got time to read all of the replys coz im in work but i just want to add my opinion

SUE THE C**T!!

I got stabbed in the face about a month ago and as far as im concerned that guy is going down, im pushing for attemted murder!! this guy deserves no exceptions he kills for a living, he's a hired murderer and he CANT go throwing his wait around, you say you hate the army! well me too. do us both a favor and ruin this soldier get as much as you can out of him. DESTROY HIS LIFE!! he's proberbly destroyed many lives and enjoyed doing it!!!

Soldier's are disgusting, barbaric un-human monsters, i wonder if this guy was one of the psychotic soldiers that were laughing and cheering when they were firing thousands of rounds of ammunition at innocent civilians fleeing baghdad????

I have a very strong hatred towards soldiers because they are incredibly un-disciplined, most soldiers are racists and facists and violence should not be tolerated

no matter what other people have said i wouldn't go easy on this guy he simply doesn't deserve it

Edited by akridine (10/29/03 09:47 AM)

Anonymous #1

Re: I GOT MY ASS BEAT DOWN AT WORK [Re: DoctorJ]
    #2053362 - 10/29/03 10:36 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

"Do you endorse military favoritism in legislation, too, or just personal practice?

The fact that that asshole even used his military service as part of an arguement for why a stranger should do him a favor is fucking pathetic. How would you like it if a strange black person came up to you and asked you to do him a favor because your ancestors enslaved his family? "

certainly not in legislation. that would mean FORCE. zippoz had every right to leave work when he wanted to, and no one had any place forcefully retaliating against him for doing so (i believe i made that clear). i'm just saying that if i were in his shoes, i'd voluntarily stay the extra hours.

let's say some guy came into my work and asked me if i could cover for his sister because he just got back from a 4 month study abroad program... i'd do it for him. if he said, "hey man, i haven't seen my sister in months, can you take her shift so we can hang out?" it wouldn't be "fucking pathetic" in the least. same thing with the army, except it's even more warranted because he was off in combat and may not have come back alive.

but like i said, he had no place initiating force.

Anonymous #1

#2053408 - 10/29/03 11:04 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

n/a

Anonymous #1

#2053411 - 10/29/03 11:05 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

n/a

OfflineCalbha
Nerd of the Herd

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Arizona
Post deleted by Papaver [Re: ZippoZ]
    #2056723 - 10/30/03 09:50 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

--------------------
Learn from your mistakes never regret them....

InvisibleLana
Head Banana
Female

Loc: www.MycoSupply.com
Re: I GOT MY ASS BEAT DOWN AT WORK [Re: ]
    #2060185 - 10/31/03 09:59 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I have to agree with Morrowind, subject him the system that HE believes in.

Karma works in interesting ways.  Maybe this guy has always been such a hot head and now karma has come to collect on him?

Maybe you've been such a nice person for so long that this is your opportunity to be compensated for a wrong doing in a big way?

I would DEFINITELY press charges.  I would also personally contact his Commanding Officer. Its what OOKLA said, " It was not about you insulting his country, it was about him not getting his way, "

I find that statement very true.  This man believes strongly in his county, thats fine.  But appearntly he doesn't even know that in "his country" you can't go around violently attacking people for what they say. 

I would think long and hard about what you'd like to do.  This may be an opportunity for you to open doors that you never thought possible.

Thats what I think...

Now what I would personally do....

I'd take that hot headed, egotistical, power hungary, slave to the system to court, sue him and anyone involved with him.  I'd try to get him discharge from the service (you're out of work, now so can he)
I may sound bitter, but theres absolutely NO excuse for his actions except that hes an ignorant asshole.

And another thing, he gave you a beating then he ran away???  Yeah great solider he is.  He can give a beating but he can't take one???  He was probably the first to run when the shots were being fired. 

Fuck him, take him for what hes worth and put him IN the system that he so inherently sticks up for.

Lana

:smile:

--------------------
Myco Supply - Distributors of Mycological Products
http://www.MycoSupply.com

The Premiere Source for Mushroom Growing Supplies.
Visit us online or call us toll free

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: I GOT MY ASS BEAT DOWN AT WORK [Re: Lana]
    #2060627 - 10/31/03 01:05 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

when i asked people what they thought i should do, NOt one person, not a single soul, offered the solution that i would see as most practical.
this came to me while tripin, and putting myself in his shoes
forgive him.
is that so far out of line?
im sure we could reach an agreement where he would pay my medical bills and compensate me for the $1000 or so i have missed making at work.
although, he would go right back into the army, and i have the option to deprive a killing force of one of its men, somthing i would find highly benificial to the human race, and personally satisfying. hmmmmm

--------------------
PEACE

Offline003
mr. getSome

Loc: Kanata
Re: I GOT MY ASS BEAT DOWN AT WORK [Re: TheDude]
    #2061361 - 10/31/03 05:40 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

"And fuck having him dishonorably discharged, they should drop him off in an alley in Tikrit wearing nothing but an american flag. Fucker."

ROFL

Offlineenotake2
Stop Bush's war
 User Gallery

Loc: Comfy chair in my lounger...
Re: I GOT MY ASS BEAT DOWN AT WORK [Re: 003]
    #2061376 - 10/31/03 05:53 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I reckon you should go get a neuropsych assessment to determine if there is any brain damage. If you have been concussed, there is a possibility. If there has been some damage, it may come out later in ways you don't expect and could effect the range of things you can do in your life and at work. In which case I would sue the arse off the guy. You're half way there since he has admitted what he did to the police.
Personally I'd want to get a neuropsych assessment anyway to know what to expect, and if there are some probs, then how to most effectively handle them.

--------------------
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.

"Being bitter and hateful is like drinking a vial of poison and hoping the other person gets sick" FreakQLibrium

"My motto from here on out is: If someone or something (including me) in my life is conducting themselves in such a way that they can be seen on Jerry Springer, it's time to take out the garbage!!! When you stop taking their behaviour personally and see their antics as a true reflection on their character, it becomes absolutely nauseating." Anon. on abusive relationships.

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: I GOT MY ASS BEAT DOWN AT WORK [Re: enotake2]
    #2061424 - 10/31/03 06:21 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

i was in the hospital and got mris and cat scans, i think ill be okay

damn i hate having to deal with these things, such a pain in the ass

--------------------
PEACE

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order