Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]
Re: Phrases that annoy the living hell out of you [Re: Geomancer]
    #9499702 -

Don't forget dying and dieing.


I don't like when people use phrases that show they aren't thinking about the situation correctly. "goes to show" is also a bad way of padding a sentence.


--------------------
Remember to cut your nails regularly.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phrases that annoy the living hell out of you [Re: Geomancer]
    #9499706 -

I only see it on the shroomery.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phrases that annoy the living hell out of you [Re: Epigallo]
    #9499712 -

Another is when people say "Really?" when someone does something stupid. It's dumb.


--------------------
Remember to cut your nails regularly.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phrases that annoy the living hell out of you [Re: anyone420]
    #9499727 -

"It is what it is"

I HATE IT when people say that.


--------------------
    classic LOVELINE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phrases that annoy the living hell out of you [Re: PyroBurns]
    #9499742 -

Randomly interjected personal questions make me angry. I just got: "What's the angriest you've ever been?"

Fuck no, I don't want to talk about that. :banghead:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phrases that annoy the living hell out of you [Re: Set]
    #9499786 -

Set said:
"It is what it is"

I HATE IT when people say that.



I hate that too!


--------------------

Goin' where the water tastes like wine.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phrases that annoy the living hell out of you [Re: kosmic_charlie]
    #9499809 -

Lol, that is one of my most used phrases, though some people tell me it is annoying, I've just been saying it for too long to be able to stop...  :lol:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phrases that annoy the living hell out of you [Re: Afroshroomerican]
    #9499823 -

Well since I was thinking about it. "Back in the day." I heard a kid about 14 years old or so talking to my nephew at a family and friends get together.
He used that expression and I was thinking to myself. Was back in the day last
month? Last year? When you were 12? I never use the expression but do think it should be reserved for those of us who are a little older and can remember back in the day when we didn't have things such as the internet, CD's, the iPod, cell phones, laptops and home video game consoles.


--------------------
1) Cars can hurt you.
2) You cannot fly.
3) It's never a good time to die.
4) Taking your clothes off will draw attention.
5) Keep your mouth shut at all times while in public.
6) Although you may see things that are not there, you won't NOT see things that are there.
7) Don't forget how to breathe.
8) Only carry: a house-key, some loose change, and your address in your shoe.
9) Nobody can tell that you are tripping until you tell them "I'm tripping".
10) No matter how fucked-up you think you are, you'll eventually come down.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phrases that annoy the living hell out of you [Re: Louiscypher]
    #9499847 -

"Back in the days when I was young, I'm not a kid anymore...
But some days I sit and wish I was a kid again..."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phrases that annoy the living hell out of you [Re: Geomancer]
    #9499883 -

we sure did need this rain

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phrases that annoy the living hell out of you [Re: anyone420]
    #9499927 -

Guesstimate.

pwned, 1337, leet, fagz0rz, interwebz, sux0r, pen0r... The whole gambit of gamer slang.

I hate it so much but I use it out of satire too often.


--------------------
Give me silence, water, hope;
Give me struggle, iron, volcanoes...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phrases that annoy the living hell out of you [Re: Sundrop]
    #9499967 -

hella


--------------------
how's your WOW?





  Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phrases that annoy the living hell out of you [Re: wrestler_az]
    #9499977 -

:lol: I grew up surrounded by hella.


--------------------
Give me silence, water, hope;
Give me struggle, iron, volcanoes...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phrases that annoy the living hell out of you [Re: Crasher]
    #9500015 -

like, your avatar is hella funny bro


--------------------
how's your WOW?





  Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phrases that annoy the living hell out of you [Re: wrestler_az]
    #9500165 -

I dont care about slang
I dont care about people using words wrongly, if you can establish how they are actually using the word.
I dont care if people make up words

I care when people say stuff like

'how are you?'


wtf? how am i? right now? WTF?? I tel you how I am.. I am right here in front of you, and expressing my emotions externally. Are you asking me if there are hidden emotions that I wanted to talk about? No, im pretty sure youre not. Because If I say 'im fine' its like im actually just not saying anything at all, and if I am not feeling that great, and say 'oh im feelin crap today' then people very clearly start to lose interest.. unless they start getting a kick out of trying to counsel.

There are times when 'how are you' question is appropriate, surely. But.. there is a reason we humans have expressive faces and ability to read emotion.. and if there is something inside someone that they could express but are hiding from their emotions.. then they will most likely tell you .. unless they dont want to talk about it much...

I think asking how someone is is a bit insulting.

I prefer the questions: 'whats up?' 'what u been up to lately?' 'headin off to do anythin cool today?'..

that is, IF you want to 'ask' some 'broad' question and get information from someone and show that youre interested in their life.

But 'how are you?'

I cant blame plenty of my friends asking this sort of stuff.. they obviously think its an acceptable, nice thing to say.

I think im just going to try responding with 'how are YOU?' and see how that goes
hmm now this seems like a very good idea

because by telling people 'yeah good' or 'im.. fine' or 'umm.. im.. pretty ok? yeah..' seems to only make them keep asking it in future.. like a self-reinforcing loop


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phrases that annoy the living hell out of you [Re: Noteworthy]
    #9500189 -

you're a very special person.


--------------------
Give me silence, water, hope;
Give me struggle, iron, volcanoes...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phrases that annoy the living hell out of you [Re: Crasher]
    #9500210 -

lol


--------------------
how's your WOW?





  Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phrases that annoy the living hell out of you [Re: Geomancer]
    #9500286 -

"... you know"

i used to live with this bastard, and just the sound of his voice made me want to puke. but he would always say stupid annoying shit with "you know" at the end.  i hate him.  the ONLY thing he did was annoying stuff.

i also knew this kid who would say "mind" at the end of every sentence.  he was british or something.  i dunno what it was supposed to mean.  he was the only one i ever heard say that.


--------------------
uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhmmmm... ... ...


ok.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phrases that annoy the living hell out of you [Re: Opioid]
    #9500293 -

Opioid said:
"god bless you"

always pisses me off when someone says it after I sneeze.  I don't say anything back.  But I'm thinking "fuck you"



haha word. :wink:


--------------------
EVERYTHING IS EVERYTHING

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phrases that annoy the living hell out of you [Re: stimpson]
    #9500294 -

I find it kind of annoying when people are in a sentence.
we'd be talking.
"Hey man, i've got some.... haha, man i'm really stoned, anyways. I got some real good bud"


--------------------
I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love. of truth. of light, and of peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me. We are one.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Expand your vocabulary ShroomismM 1,439 17 06/15/04 09:58 AM
by ivi
* The most disgusting phrase you can think of
( 1 2 3 all )
theorganicdomino 10,614 56 02/28/05 05:12 PM
by Che_Night_Soil
* WILDERNESS PROGRMAS AND RESIDENTAL TREATMENT HELL *DELETED*
( 1 2 3 all )
ZippoZM 4,910 44 07/17/03 03:03 PM
by Purple Haze
* where the hell is everyone
( 1 2 all )
Ripple 1,331 30 05/20/04 11:46 AM
by Krishna
* Burning Spear- see them live if you can! Phishgrrl 1,364 16 08/16/04 01:04 PM
by kindkesey
* "The terrible thing about hell... YouEnjoyMyself 790 4 08/08/04 12:26 AM
by YouEnjoyMyself
* What do you do for a living?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Flux 5,921 71 04/02/04 04:22 PM
by Krishna
* Help! Living in a shithole!
( 1 2 all )
Delyrium 4,766 33 07/27/04 08:20 PM
by Stymee

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
6,831 topic views. 1 members, 13 guests and 83 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.