Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]
Re: Phrases that annoy the living hell out of you [Re: anyone420]
    #9499003 -

"scuseme" all ran together instead of "excuse me" or "pardon me".

"me thinks"

"late" as in a shortened form of "later" which is a shortened form of "Ill talk to you later" when someone is hanging up the phone.




Edited by MisterMuscaria (12/26/08 08:07 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phrases that annoy the living hell out of you [Re: kosmic_charlie]
    #9499004 -

"nuh uhhhh, the movie Zeitgeist said :blah:"  FTL


--------------------
:jah:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phrases that annoy the living hell out of you [Re: anyone420]
    #9499369 -

When people use the word 'addicting' when they mean addictive.

There is no such word as 'addicting' damnit :crankey:.


--------------------
"I only ever hope to reach equilibrium, in Nature's matrix, in line with the meridian" ~ Jehst

:sun: "...and I know that I have to keep breathing, as tomorrow the sun will rise, who knows what the tide will bring?" :sun:

Free Spore Ring Europe
Send any spare spore prints you might have and help the distribution :grin:

Open Source. Freedom.  GNU/Linux

Addicting is not a word.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phrases that annoy the living hell out of you [Re: Cepheus]
    #9499390 -

ad·dict·ed, ad·dict·ing, ad·dicts

  1. To cause to become physiologically or psychologically dependent on a habit-forming substance: The thief was addicted to cocaine.
  2. To occupy (oneself) with or involve (oneself) in something habitually or compulsively: The child was addicted to video game

To bad they didn't use a sentence with addicting in it :frown:


--------------------
I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love. of truth. of light, and of peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me. We are one.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phrases that annoy the living hell out of you [Re: anyone420]
    #9499393 -

I KNOW, RIGHT?!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phrases that annoy the living hell out of you [Re: lighttheway]
    #9499400 -

lighttheway said:
1



:lol:

I end almost all phone conversations by saying either "one" or "peace".

Another phrase that I use all the time that some people think is annoying; "it is what it is".

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phrases that annoy the living hell out of you [Re: Cepheus]
    #9499408 -

:lol: of course there is

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phrases that annoy the living hell out of you [Re: DieCommie]
    #9499464 -

Give me a sentence with it in.

Crack is addicting? No, crack is addictive.

If it is a real word, its fucking stupid.


--------------------
"I only ever hope to reach equilibrium, in Nature's matrix, in line with the meridian" ~ Jehst

:sun: "...and I know that I have to keep breathing, as tomorrow the sun will rise, who knows what the tide will bring?" :sun:

Free Spore Ring Europe
Send any spare spore prints you might have and help the distribution :grin:

Open Source. Freedom.  GNU/Linux

Addicting is not a word.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phrases that annoy the living hell out of you [Re: kosmic_charlie]
    #9499465 -

kosmic_charlie said:
It annoys me when people say "I could care less" when what they mean to say is "I couldn't care less".



Lol, yeah, that annoys the fuck out of me too...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phrases that annoy the living hell out of you [Re: Cepheus]
    #9499480 -

i went to dictionary.com and it says it is a real word.
"An example could be Amy was addicting Steve to Scrabble®. Steve is the direct object of the verb addicting—he's the receiver of the action."
http://grammar.quickanddirtytips.com/addictive-versus-addicting.aspx


--------------------
I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love. of truth. of light, and of peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me. We are one.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phrases that annoy the living hell out of you [Re: HappyTrippin]
    #9499499 -

That sentence still makes little grammatical sense to me.

Also from that website:
Quote:
However, I did the simple thing: I looked it up, and two out of four dictionaries included



Meaning there definitely is an argument against it being a word :laugh:.


--------------------
"I only ever hope to reach equilibrium, in Nature's matrix, in line with the meridian" ~ Jehst

:sun: "...and I know that I have to keep breathing, as tomorrow the sun will rise, who knows what the tide will bring?" :sun:

Free Spore Ring Europe
Send any spare spore prints you might have and help the distribution :grin:

Open Source. Freedom.  GNU/Linux

Addicting is not a word.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phrases that annoy the living hell out of you [Re: HappyTrippin]
    #9499504 -

"pet peeve"
just because peeve has to be one of the gayest words ever.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phrases that annoy the living hell out of you [Re: Cepheus]
    #9499509 -

Yeah, who knows.
feels silly arguing over a word :-P


--------------------
I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love. of truth. of light, and of peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me. We are one.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phrases that annoy the living hell out of you [Re: HappyTrippin]
    #9499606 -

If we're down to single words now, the misuse of these pisses me off to no end, and we all see them every day. . .

to too two

were we're

they're their there

its it's

here hear

----

Also, when did an apostrophe ever indicate the plural form?  Story's posted in the forum's here. is not the same thing as Stories posted in the forums here.
:tongue:
RR


--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms



semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phrases that annoy the living hell out of you [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #9499613 -

"god bless america"


--------------------

Song of the week, click Huey:



Song of the week list in journal.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phrases that annoy the living hell out of you [Re: usefulidiot13]
    #9499617 -

usefulidiot13 said:
oh man i hate god bless you.



I hate that too. Usually when someone sneezes near me I end up saying something
like " Cover up your mouth you fucking animal!" I really can't stand people spreading their germs around me.
Another I see quite a bit whilst browsing online anywhere, is people writing or saying "Anywho." For Christ sake it's anyhow. Quit butchering the English language. Also people who add the letter S to things is also grating to my ears. They say things like "I'm going to Costcos, I got it at Wal-marts."
It truly drives me mad.


--------------------
1) Cars can hurt you.
2) You cannot fly.
3) It's never a good time to die.
4) Taking your clothes off will draw attention.
5) Keep your mouth shut at all times while in public.
6) Although you may see things that are not there, you won't NOT see things that are there.
7) Don't forget how to breathe.
8) Only carry: a house-key, some loose change, and your address in your shoe.
9) Nobody can tell that you are tripping until you tell them "I'm tripping".
10) No matter how fucked-up you think you are, you'll eventually come down.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phrases that annoy the living hell out of you [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #9499629 -

RogerRabbit said:
If we're down to single words now, the misuse of these pisses me off to no end, and we all see them every day. . .

to too two

were we're

they're their there

its it's

here hear

----

Also, when did an apostrophe ever indicate the plural form?  Story's posted in the forum's here. is not the same thing as Stories posted in the forums here.
:tongue:
RR



Don't forget, your, you're and yore!!


--------------------
1) Cars can hurt you.
2) You cannot fly.
3) It's never a good time to die.
4) Taking your clothes off will draw attention.
5) Keep your mouth shut at all times while in public.
6) Although you may see things that are not there, you won't NOT see things that are there.
7) Don't forget how to breathe.
8) Only carry: a house-key, some loose change, and your address in your shoe.
9) Nobody can tell that you are tripping until you tell them "I'm tripping".
10) No matter how fucked-up you think you are, you'll eventually come down.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phrases that annoy the living hell out of you [Re: Louiscypher]
    #9499632 -

"I'm so fuckin' high"


--------------------
"We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools."

~Martin Luther King Jr.~

<passitbobbie> if I just showed you a closeup of my ass
<passitbobbie> youd think it was female

"You owe errrbody up in here an apology fow youwe shit, HO!" - classic

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phrases that annoy the living hell out of you [Re: Afroshroomerican]
    #9499675 -

RR pinpointed a couple of mine: the "does a bear shit in the woods?" response and the random usage of apostrophes.

Actually most phrases sort of piss me off.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phrases that annoy the living hell out of you [Re: Epigallo]
    #9499685 -

bradley said:
RR pinpointed a couple of mine: the "does a bear shit in the woods?"



Thats kind of funny, I've never heard anyone use that expression in my life.

I'd assume its probably a regional expression...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Expand your vocabulary ShroomismM 1,439 17 06/15/04 09:58 AM
by ivi
* The most disgusting phrase you can think of
( 1 2 3 all )
theorganicdomino 10,614 56 02/28/05 05:12 PM
by Che_Night_Soil
* WILDERNESS PROGRMAS AND RESIDENTAL TREATMENT HELL *DELETED*
( 1 2 3 all )
ZippoZM 4,910 44 07/17/03 03:03 PM
by Purple Haze
* where the hell is everyone
( 1 2 all )
Ripple 1,331 30 05/20/04 11:46 AM
by Krishna
* Burning Spear- see them live if you can! Phishgrrl 1,364 16 08/16/04 01:04 PM
by kindkesey
* "The terrible thing about hell... YouEnjoyMyself 790 4 08/08/04 12:26 AM
by YouEnjoyMyself
* What do you do for a living?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Flux 5,921 71 04/02/04 04:22 PM
by Krishna
* Help! Living in a shithole!
( 1 2 all )
Delyrium 4,766 33 07/27/04 08:20 PM
by Stymee

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
6,831 topic views. 7 members, 9 guests and 157 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.036 seconds spending 0.012 seconds on 18 queries.