Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Boomr Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinenoisycricket
Your FriendlyNeighborhoodCricket
Loc: Everymeadow, USA
Jeepers Creepers Help
    #944019 - 10/08/02 08:00 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

My friend (actually a super intelegent chimp named Mr. Wiggles) is experimenting with the creeper strain right now and is on his second flush.  He has one fruit that has to be over an inch in diameter and at least 6 inches long!  Ive never seen anything like it with my own eyes just in books.  Its so heavy, he has had to put a cd case in the terrerium to hold up the fruit because its just too damm big!!  Anyone grow big fruits like this or maybe this is normal for some people.  He cased with sheep dung and Scotts 3n1 what does everyone think.  Im not kidding this fruit is huge!! :laugh:  Also, does size effect potency, or is it always around the same per gram regardless of how big the fruit was????

Thanks in advance for any help :grin:

--------------------
I'm just a field researcher for Hitchhikers Guide to The Galaxy.

My entry so far.... "shrooms: Mostly harmless"

Edited by noisycricket (10/08/02 08:01 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Jeepers Creepers Help [Re: noisycricket]
    #944041 - 10/08/02 08:09 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Normal... noisy,

I have done alot of the Keepers Creeper on horse poo.
They can get really big!!!

Sounds like you are doing well.
Keep up the good grow!

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

Loc: A little North of Paradis...
    #944079 - 10/08/02 08:25 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

If everything was optimal, the result is large healthy fruits. Creepers is no exception.

Sometimes, you get a real LARGE fruits. IMHO, that is the case when, as almost everything else in life. Some things are just bigger than others.

I presume that has to do with natural selection. It seems the first to sprout, first to the feed bag, gets the most nutes, keeps getting the most nutes & therefor, gets BIGGER.

That is probobly the case with your huge fruit.

In nature, shrooms are subject to wind, rain, dew, sunlight & all else in nature. So they don;t fall over, the devlope a better foothold than when cultivated in places & under conditions where they are not subject to that.

So, in indoor cultivation, some don't develope as good a grasp as those outdoors, because they are not subject to the outdoor stress. Consiquently, when they get real BIG, their own weight tends to lean then over & sometimes they fall over.

IMHO, large fruits are as potant, as any other size fruit.

Print the sucker. Large fruits tend to lay a heavy spore track.

6T :tongue: 

--------------------
~whiskey river rafting, hot tubbing, dirty dancing & spending money on - wild women - having fun & just gonna waste the rest~

Offlinenoisycricket
Your FriendlyNeighborhoodCricket
Loc: Everymeadow, USA
Re: Jeepers Creepers Help [Re: Roadkill]
    #944734 - 10/09/02 06:01 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Dang, I thought my chimp was going for a world record or something.  Well, he preserved his giant mushy in alcohol this morning.  Just so he can look at it from time to time.  I wonder how big the bigest home grown mushy is?  Id like to see a photo of someones monster shroom... :laugh:

--------------------
I'm just a field researcher for Hitchhikers Guide to The Galaxy.

My entry so far.... "shrooms: Mostly harmless"

OfflineBruiser
Fuel Injected Suicide Machine

Loc: Hell
    #944765 - 10/09/02 06:15 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Sorry everyone burst your bubble, but it's normal. :grin: (under optimal growing conditions, as stated) There are a lot of good pics of large fruits out there. Joshua has some great pics of consistantly large fruits. I'm sure he might be happy to show you some pics.
-Bruiser 

--------------------
-I put the chrome to your dome

Invisibleralphster44
collector
 User Gallery

Re: Jeepers Creepers Help [Re: SixTango]
    #944787 - 10/09/02 06:21 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Post deleted by administrator.

--------------------
www.RalphstersSpores.com

WE SHIP TO CANADA FROM WITHIN CANADA :smile:

For your safety and security, we have a Secure Website.
Also for your security, we will not take your credit card number.
Your security and safety is of utmost importance to us.

OfflineHarveyWalbanger
Demiurge
Male

Loc: 8b
    #945569 - 10/09/02 12:02 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

The really fucking monstorous ones are usually orissa indias... Theres a pic of a nice frisabee/dinner plate sized cubbie.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Boomr Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom