Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecupevampe
The Lunatic isin My Head
 User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Creepers, B+, temperature and blueification...
    #5143860 - 01/05/06 04:41 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Hi there, my first post on the board!
My name's Alex and I am italian, if you're interested :smile:
I tried to look for an answer to my question here on the forum for quite a while, but believe me if I say it isn't easy at all, there's a lot of stuff to be read... the amount of information is more than impressive.

Anyway, here's my question (1)

I've grown some B+ and had some good results two times in a row (wow!) using casing techniques.
Colonisation temperature was 23?C (73?F) and fruiting temp was between 18 (64F) and 20?C (68F).
I did the same using keeper's creeper spores, and what i got were shorter, very fast-growing, quite fat shrooms.
Quite different from the pics of creepers I've seen around.
Could this be because of the fruiting temp (too low)?

Another question (2):

Once picked and perhaps touched by me, the creepers became instantly very blue, much more than what happened with the B+s (only slight signs of blue-ish).
Does this difference mean the creepers are much more powerful than the B+? Is the blue-ification an indicator of the shrooms potency? Or is it only because in a smaller mushroom (creepers) lies the same amount of psylocibin I get in my bigger B+s?

Many thx to all of you!

--------------------
My Blog: The Invisible Landscape

Subscribe this great podcast! www.matrixmasters.com/podcasts

No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

PS: sorry 4 my english - i'm italian *-*-* i do my best!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBigPete1999
GardenerExtraordinaire
 User Gallery
Re: Creepers, B+, temperature and blueification... [Re: cupevampe]
    #5144139 - 01/05/06 06:03 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I use the creeper strain. I have also noticed the blue on them as well. Most of it is just bruising during picking. Yes they are a very potent strain, however, I'm not sure that that is a reason to dye it blue. Some of it might be that you are letting them grow too much and the veil broke and the cap is spreading and it's dropping spores. Sorry I cant be more help, but from 1 creeper grower to the next, what you describe is normal, and yes, it is a very potent strain.

InvisibleOmnicracker
Crusted Trolltivator

Loc: Wal-Merica
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Creepers, B+, temperature and blueification... [Re: BigPete1999]
    #5144243 - 01/05/06 06:38 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

my last 5 grows were creepers.

keepers creepers are sort of a fabrication of the Keeper, from what i understand. this guy renamed some strains to his liking and started sellng them for higher prices.

as to what they look like, depending on my substrate depth, i got short, skinny hollow ones, and large fat boys. they dont blue much, but are still very potent. theres a good chance that you and i had different "creeper' spores.

thats all i can offer.

OMNI

--------------------

xxx..Learn Something..xxx

Offlinecupevampe
The Lunatic isin My Head
 User Gallery

Re: Creepers, B+, temperature and blueification... [Re: Omnicracker]
    #5145889 - 01/06/06 03:48 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks for your replies.
But what about blueification? As a general rule, can it be some sort of indicator of the shrooms' potency?

For some reason, I don't think so but... what do you think about this?

Thanks

--------------------

No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

OfflineAiko Aiko
 User Gallery

Loc: Lazy River Road
    #5145950 - 01/06/06 06:17 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

No. Bluing is not an indicator of potency. All it means is that the active alkaloids are oxidizing. So in a sense to much bruising can be bad.

--------------------
Easily test the dosage of your tabs at home!:lsd:
qtests.org

Man says, "God, show me and I will believe." God says, "Believe and I will show you."

Offlinecupevampe
The Lunatic isin My Head
 User Gallery

Re: Creepers, B+, temperature and blueification... [Re: Aiko Aiko]
    #5148107 - 01/06/06 05:08 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Here are two pics that show my "strange" creepers.
One of the pics shows a 2-flavours casing, with two different strains on it: B+ and Creepers
Pic 1

Click Here For Bigger Pic

Pic 2

Click Here For a Bigger Picture

I tend to believe my creepers didnt grow as the B+ did because of th temperature, perhaps too low for the creepers... could that be?

--------------------

Edited by cupevampe (01/06/06 05:25 PM)

OfflineAiko Aiko
 User Gallery

#5148164 - 01/06/06 05:18 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I'd love to take a look, but the pics not there. :shrug:

--------------------
qtests.org

Man says, "God, show me and I will believe." God says, "Believe and I will show you."

Offlinecupevampe
The Lunatic isin My Head
 User Gallery

#5148198 - 01/06/06 05:26 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Now the pics are online
Lemme Know!

Alex

--------------------

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #5148208 - 01/06/06 05:28 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

blueing indicates nothing except for mushroom ID.

Let me get this straight, you combined B+ mycellium and KC mycellium in the SAME tray? Like you just crumbled the two together and cased it? Thats a huge problem right there, you need to keep all strains seperated. If you do what you did the two strains are gonna duke it out until one of them overtakes the other.

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

Offlinecupevampe
The Lunatic isin My Head
 User Gallery

Re: Creepers, B+, temperature and blueification... [Re: coda]
    #5148235 - 01/06/06 05:34 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

coda said:
Let me get this straight, you combined B+ mycellium and KC mycellium in the SAME tray? Like you just crumbled the two together and cased it? Thats a huge problem right there, you need to keep all strains seperated. If you do what you did the two strains are gonna duke it out until one of them overtakes the other.

I did not crumble the two strains together.
It's just like a 2 flavours icecream... on the left, KC, on the right, B+.
Anyway, I already harvested the 1st flush, and got a very good result from the B+, while the KC arent as big or as many as the B+

But as you can see from my pics, the tray KC only didn't gave me any better result.

So, my point is, I suspect KC is much more subsceptible to the temperature factor. I mean, B+ grows quite well while KC remains short...

--------------------

OfflineAiko Aiko
 User Gallery

Re: Creepers, B+, temperature and blueification... [Re: coda]
    #5148246 - 01/06/06 05:37 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Isn't that odd that two strains were even able to fruit off the same casing? Next time make two casings and fruit in the same conditions, then you can really compare strains. GL Bro!

--------------------
qtests.org

Offlinecupevampe
The Lunatic isin My Head
 User Gallery

#5148291 - 01/06/06 05:48 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I tried to case 2 strains in the same tray because I read about it somewhere (dont remember where, though). Someone somewhere (eheheh) also said it is important not to crumble together the cakes.
So that's what I did.

It is kinda cool seeing two strains in the same tray, anyway :smile:

Has anyone on this messageboard tested this 2-strains-in-1-tray technique before? :smile: I can guess doing this "technique" will result in "less food" available for the shrooms, so better not do it... am I wrong?

Anyway I did it just to experiment a bit!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals