Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Magic Flight Launch Box, Vaporizer

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineNoVestal
The Patient

Loc: Damning my soul with a ti...
Jeepers Creepers Shroomman!
    #958404 - 10/14/02 12:34 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I've got a couple questions.

I ordered some spores called "creepers" from TLG and (first off) they colonized quickly and are seemingly doing well.
The first question has been removed for your convenience and in its place is an apology.

Sorry, I just read the part of the FAQ that applied to this question. I apologize for my mistake and hope no one thinks too much less of me, or holds a grudge. Thank you for your responses.

Second, I have accidentally bruised a couple cakes when handling them (bumped them with my palm, oops). Is this going to negatively effect the cakes to a large degree, or is this something that the myc can recover or heal from? (edit, the cake IS healing itself, wow Mama Nature)

Third, I am using "cowboy's grow method" which involves a regular steamer (vicks, hot) with two crates stacked on top of it and a fish tank (at the top, upside down) with thin cloth covering the bottom over a wire mesh lid. Has anyone else used such a method? How did you do? How often did you turn on the vaporizer and for how long? Thanks. I asked CB but he is apparently not going to answer.(edit, this appears to be the source of my problem, my humidity and my temps are way too high, I don't blame cowboy, just my implementation.)

Fourth, God, this was a bad question brought on by impatience, and it has been removed as well.

Fifth q removed as well.

Thanks guys, I hope to shed this newbie skin, but not yet.

--------------------

http://www.angelfire.com/darkside/lightside9/

Edited by NoVestal (10/14/02 11:11 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
Re: Jeepers Creepers Shroomman! [Re: NoVestal]
    #958754 - 10/14/02 02:41 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I'll answer to the best of my ability and knowledge,

1. Try the FAQ, but what the heck, Its not a reserve of nutrients, its mycelium, it can be a sign of too much humidity, but since you are using cakes, I wouldn't worry about it.

2. Nope, won't hurt

3. Don't know, never heard of it.

4. Again the FAQ, they are either hypnal (sp., sorry I'm tired and dumb from Calculus homework) knots or mycelium. Whatever it is its a good sign.

5. Psilocybe Cubensis, most of the spores that you see for sale, if they have a strain name, such as "Puerto Rican", "Cambodian", or in your case "Creeper" are all Psilocybe cubensis. Its kinda like if you asked what the scientifice name of a person from Canada.

Hope this helped, and not to be a dick, but you should read a little more, cause most of your answers are out there, and people around here get a little pissed when you ask questions that you yourself can answer. Good Luck

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

OfflineNoVestal
The Patient

Re: Jeepers Creepers Shroomman! [Re: Skikid16]
    #958798 - 10/14/02 02:57 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks Skikid16.

I've read alot and though there are many answers in FAQs, the questions I asked were not in any that I have read up to now. They may seem similar but they are not the exact q's and a's (as far as I have read). Plus, I'm in the middle of grow, and I just didn't see the point in wasting time searching for info when someone here might help me with their ready knowledge. Again, thank you. Peace out. NoVestal

--------------------

Offlinecookdandbombd
SERENITY NOW!

Loc: Northern Ireland
Re: Jeepers Creepers Shroomman! [Re: NoVestal]
    #958804 - 10/14/02 02:59 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

In reply to:

I am wondering though, since removing the cakes from the jars (pftek) and placing them in the fruiting chamber, they have been "bulking" up. A foamy form a mycellium is (re)covering the cakes. Is this normal? My theory is that this is a sort of "reserve" of the nutrients and such that will eventually make up the shroomies

I'm a newb myself, and haven't done any growing yet as I can't find any syringe needles, but this sounds to me like it could be the hyphal knots? These will then go on to form pins, which your shrooms will grow from. I don't think hyphal knots are "foamy" though, but the talk of bulking up makes me think that this is what you are seeing.

--------------------
--
Freak out baby, the bee is coming.

OfflineErbaliza
Believer
Loc: UK...London(ish)
Re: Jeepers Creepers Shroomman! [Re: cookdandbombd]
    #959306 - 10/14/02 10:44 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Birthed my 1st 2 cakes about a 2 weeks ago(B+) and they fuzzed up a bit b4 i started seeing some tiny little dots on the cake :ooo:  A week later and the first shroom appeared :grin: Now i have 1 cake with 12-15 little shrooms on it...The other one looks strange(im gonna post pics later)It only has 1 giant shroom growing from the top of the cake but it is growing out sideways?..It now has a smaller shroom growing next to it in the same direction...I must say that the shrooms look beautiful,i feel kinda proud of em :smirk:  Cant wait to birth some more cakes...Peace 

OfflineNoVestal
The Patient

Re: Jeepers Creepers Shroomman! [Re: Erbaliza]
    #959377 - 10/14/02 11:51 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

In response to Cookdandbombd. That sounds about right. Thanks for the reply.

In response to Erbaliza. Uhm. Did you mean to post that here? If so, it does sort of fit my first q. Thanks. If no. whoopsie.

Peace,
NoV

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Magic Flight Launch Box, Vaporizer

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation