Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineVALIS
vast activelivingintelligencesystem
 User Gallery

Loc: neverwhere, az
jeepers creepers
    #3723263 - 02/03/05 02:20 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Yo!

This is my first post to the shroomery - 'tis a wonderfull place!

So, after a couple months in lurk mode, with no further ado.. my first question:

To the folks who've heaped many a fine praise upon the creeper strain, I'm interested in knowing from which sponsored vendor did you get your spores?

It's likely that my distant friend's hypothetical first grow would likely be with cr, due to the many good reports we've seen, however we also understand how quality can very much be dependent on the actual source/strain of the spores themselves - so we'd like to increase his chances of having the same sort of positive experience that others have had by ordering the spores from a vendor that others have recently had good cr vibes with.

If it happens that suggesting or refering amongst/between particular shroomery-sponsored vendors is taboo on these forums, please pm me rather than reply here in this thread. Much appreciated!

Beers!

--------------------
Nature is the Technology of the Divine.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJpilot
Stranger
Male
Loc: Netherlands, The
Re: jeepers creepers [Re: VALIS]
    #3723590 - 02/03/05 06:01 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

They are called keepers creepers. Good luck on growing, got about 6 kilo of rye with them now :smile:

Invisibleboxtop703
ThesaurusLinguae Graecae
 User Gallery

Re: jeepers creepers [Re: Jpilot]
    #3723618 - 02/03/05 06:19 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

They are called keepers creepers.

I renamed it "Creeper" after the moron at STP threatened to sue me.

My slogan at the time was "Home of the cheaper creeper"  :grin:

He was charging $75 a syringe and I started giving them away free with every order (the very beginning of the free strain offers here at the shroomery I might add).

Every pic he has on his website is stolen, so he really doesn't deserve to have his name attached to any strain.

"Creeper" it is and should stay IMO.

Offlinekiss
numbnuts
 User Gallery

Loc: under your bed
Re: jeepers creepers [Re: boxtop703]
    #3723620 - 02/03/05 06:24 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

*splat* is the place to order if you want my opinion.

Edit: We don't.

Edited by Seuss (02/03/05 08:06 AM)

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: jeepers creepers [Re: kiss]
    #3723957 - 02/03/05 08:56 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I thought we were aloud to post were we order spores in passing? Thats pretty lame..I was told I could post publicly if I bought my creeper spores from *splat* in passing since that is what the person is asking? Maybe thats not where kiss suggested but if it is, I dont think that should be edited if someone asked the question...

I have yet to try them out though..been busy with other strains..they're next on the list though...maybe I'll even shoot them up tonight.

Edited by Seuss (02/03/05 09:07 AM)

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: jeepers creepers [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3723979 - 02/03/05 09:09 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Normally, I wouldn't bother... but one of our paying vendors made a complaint upon which I have to act. Please do not take anything personally.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Trusted Cultivator
Re: jeepers creepers [Re: Seuss]
    #3723989 - 02/03/05 09:15 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

On the side question: Does anyone know where this Shane lamer came up with his "Keepers Creeper"? I'm curious how a rip-off artist with almost zero cultivation knowledge originates his own strain.

Anyone?

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
Re: jeepers creepers [Re: Holydiver]
    #3723991 - 02/03/05 09:16 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

the same place that he geot the names for tequila spikes and all the others

he pulled them from his ass.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #3723994 - 02/03/05 09:17 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

If I get one of them new pay accounts can I make a complaint about when people post to buy premade jars from a certain vendor and get those edited to? I suppose not and I suppose you'll edit this too...dont worry I'll post no more about it and I dont take it personally, its just some really annoying shit...but thats ok..thats what we have PMs for I suppose.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: jeepers creepers [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #3723997 - 02/03/05 09:18 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
the same place that he geot the names for tequila spikes and all the others

he pulled them from his ass.

That's what you would think. But TLG and numerous other vendors sell this strain as it's own, somehow it is an established strain.

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #3724002 - 02/03/05 09:20 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Diver said:
On the side question: Does anyone know where this Shane lamer came up with his "Keepers Creeper"? I'm curious how a rip-off artist with almost zero cultivation knowledge originates his own strain.

Anyone?

He rips off all of his strains and renames them. Strains become different though over time and such...you cant just say creeper is just the GT strain renamed because its not the same as GT (that was pulled out of my ass too, theres nothing or no one saying creeper=GT) is anymore. GT isnt even the same as GT anymore.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #3724005 - 02/03/05 09:21 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

the strain could be virtualy any cube, I havent grown the creepers yet so I have
nothing to do macro/microscopic comparisons of it

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: jeepers creepers [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3724007 - 02/03/05 09:22 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Shane renaming strains is old news, I'm very familiar with all the drama. The question is:

Why is CREEPER a strain sold throughout the legit vendor community, where as "tequila spikes", "shooting stars" and all his other bullshit renames are not?

Do you understand?

--------------------

Edited by Diver (02/03/05 09:30 AM)

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #3724010 - 02/03/05 09:23 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

good question, I'd have t say it was based on popularity, and if you read BoxTops
post, he was threatened with litigation over the strain

OfflinepsilocyberV
old hand

#3724152 - 02/03/05 10:11 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Why is CREEPER a strain sold throughout the legit vendor community, where as "tequila spikes", "shooting stars" and all his other bullshit renames are not?

This is a timeless debate. As we all know, a cube is a cube is a cube. But, some vendors have embraced the idea that if you name a cube XYX then it is therefore a unique "strain." Often this can fundamentally be backed up because slight genetic manipulation, isolation, or variations in collection sites or primary source material can provide diverse genetic material which eventually expresses itself as a different "strain." Most seasoned mushroom hunters will tell you that spores harvested from mushrooms growing within 10 feet of each other in the wild will exhibit very different characteristics if cultured and cultivated in the lab.

Because of the popularity of this practice, and the marketability of having so many different "strains" available for sale, it has been largely embraced by many of what you call the "legit spore vendor community."

This is certainly not a slap at any of those vendors who embrace this practice. It is however an affirmation as to exactly why companies like ours (Sporeworks) do not. We have added a new Ps. cubensis "strain" about only once every 6-10 months, and it is certainly NOT because we don't have access to hundreds of different "strains" supplied to us frequently by generous collectors. As you can tell from our selections in this regard we tend to only offer Ps. cubensis strains which are different in geographic origin and also in exhibited traits, making them as truly different as possible. There are a few listed on our pages that are included because of shear popularity and familiarity in the circulated literature regarding this species.

Invisibleboxtop703
ThesaurusLinguae Graecae
 User Gallery

#3725254 - 02/03/05 03:39 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Actually the two latter strains were added to his site more recent.

The pic of the "Shooting Stars" on his site is actually my pic of Puerto Rican.

The Creeper gained it's popularity in this community because it was the first of the STP strains to be released at a MUCH cheaper price. It also had the reputation for being extremely potent and perhaps the fastest colonizing.

It was a calculated risk I took by bringing it to the community and I was loudly berated by a couple of the other vendors and many of the members as well.

There were numerous threads debating whether selling an STP strain was the moral thing to do.....it was these type debates that kept the "Creeper" in the spotlight.

Eventually most came to realize that it was a very nice cube indeed and despite
it's historically evil roots, deserved to be in the mainstay.

The vendors who were originally complaining about me selling the creeper saw how well it was selling so they quickly followed suit and added it into their inventory. There were never any complaints again.

That's the story of the "creeper".  :wink:

Offlinekiss
numbnuts
 User Gallery

Loc: under your bed
Re: jeepers creepers [Re: boxtop703]
    #3725325 - 02/03/05 03:56 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Thats ok Seuss,
I was already prepared for such a thing to happen. I know freedom of speech isn't allowed on here when vendors start to boohoo....lol
Nothin personal taken :smile:

--------------------
see dick drink
see dick drive
see dick die
don't be a dick!

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: jeepers creepers [Re: kiss]
    #3725336 - 02/03/05 03:59 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Just wanted to say that creeps are my fav...they colonize well and give great visuals compared to most cubes...just my .o2...Gl

-Gnostic

OfflineVALIS
vast activelivingintelligencesystem
 User Gallery

Loc: neverwhere, az
Re: jeepers creepers [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #3725621 - 02/03/05 04:55 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks for the pointers - well, sorta... heh - I guess at least we have further information regarding the infamous Creeper saga! That really odda be put into a faq or a sticky somewhere; word-up to boxtop703 for emancipating a good strain from the clutches of evil!

At any rate, thanks to the folks who pm'd me regarding my actual Q - much appreciated! My distant friend who's actualy going to be buying and growing these ( it's legal where he lives ) says thanks also.

Beers!

--------------------
Nature is the Technology of the Divine.

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: jeepers creepers [Re: VALIS]
    #3725748 - 02/03/05 05:14 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks for the background and information, boxtop and psilocyber.

--------------------

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
    #3725980 - 02/03/05 05:55 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Diver said:
Shane renaming strains is old news, I'm very familiar with all the drama. The question is:

Do you understand?

Yes I understand...more than most do.

Shane(aka the Keeper) renamed alot of cubensis strains to his names of his own liking.

Shane made a mistake of listing the pictures with the real names of some of his renamed strains in the pictures on his site.
So he probably stole the pictures and didn't rename them before posting them on his site.
This is a fact...I personally saw this.
I don't remember the strains that he did this to...but I'm sure other's remember this.

As far as the Keepers Creeper is concerned.
No one that I know of, really knows what the Keepers Creeper really is...except maybe Shane himself.
Shane says that it was grown and given to him from a friend of his.

John Allen brought back 3 strains of Cubensis from Cambodia... John told me he did and I believe him.
I believe the Keepers Creeper...is a Cambodian strain....one of the 3 that John Allen brought back...this is just my opinion...mind you.
I have the other 2 Cambodian strains that John Allen brought back from Cambodia.
The 2 Cambodian strains that I do have...are very different from each other.

Now for some interesting facts on the "Creeper" strain.

I recieved 2 prints of the Keepers Creeper on glass slides from philocybespawn(a member of the shroomery) in 2002...he had recieved a spore print from the Keeper(Shane).
They were beautiful prints...I still have one of the original prints on glass that I recieved from philocybespawn...btw.

There wasn't any Keepers Creeper or "Creeper" around the community at that time.
I grew it out and wanted to spread the Keeper Creeper around the community...I did this by selling my spore prints to boxtop at TLG.
He was threatened by Shane(the Keeper) the owner of STP(The Spore Trading Post).
Shane threatened to sue boxtop for selling "Keepers Creeper" so boxtop renamed it the "Creeper".

So basically all the Creeper strain that is running around the mushroom community is from the Keepers Creeper strain that I recieved from philocybespawn back in 2002.

I really don't think anyone will ever know what the Keeper Creeper strain truely is...or where it is from.

End of story...just enjoy it.

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: jeepers creepers [Re: Roadkill]
    #3726187 - 02/03/05 06:30 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Interesting Roadkill, gracias.

--------------------

Invisibleboxtop703
ThesaurusLinguae Graecae
 User Gallery

#3726796 - 02/03/05 07:58 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

...and I believe the keeper himself originally obtained (and renamed) the strain from Ryche Hawk who supplied Shane for a period.

Edited by boxtop703 (02/03/05 08:37 PM)

Invisibleboxtop703
ThesaurusLinguae Graecae
 User Gallery

#3728191 - 02/03/05 11:28 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:
Normally, I wouldn't bother... but one of our paying vendors made a complaint upon which I have to act. Please do not take anything personally.

Sure, censor the members good experiences with TLG so all that's left is the very rarely posted bad which gives a completely false impression of our company.

Nice.

Offlinejman9912
ShroomerZ
Re: jeepers creepers [Re: Roadkill]
    #3728210 - 02/03/05 11:31 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I just ordered some creeper strain from spores direct

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds