Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Speed and Bass Guitar
    #9444042 -

Yeesh, I took an Adderall today and have been drinking coffee to do some power studying.  My brain felt pretty fried, so I took about an hour off to browse the web and play some bass.

Speed and my bass just makes time fucking FLY!  I coulda sworn I sat down 10 minutes ago!

When my mind is flying a mile a minute playing an instrument is such a good outlet.  It's something to stay really focused on, and if you get a goal in mind it becomes really easy to figure out what you need to get that sound to come out of your instrument.

Things Adderall is useful for for me:

1)  Studying
2)  Playing video games (Halo + Adderall = OWNAGE)
3)  Playing instruments
4)  General recreational enjoyment
5)  I can smoke pot and still be productive

Downsides:

1)  I can't sleep for a LONG time after I take it
2)  I rarely eat while under its effects
3)  My armpits sweat a lot
4)  I smoke a butt load of cigarettes
5)  I find it tends to get me slightly dehydrated if I don't make a conscious effort to drink water (which I should go do right now, actually)

Baby I've been slapping this bass guitar fast and loose like some kinda delirious funky priest!



Oh gimme that funky milk!


--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, federal, or fashion police laws. All posts are works of fiction.

For well you know that its a fool who plays it cool
By making his world a little colder.

Under closer inspection I realised it was a funky ball of tits from outer space.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Speed and Bass Guitar [Re: circularvortex]
    #9444208 -

Adderall and I get along unless I drink on it, which I've done once and will never do again. It must have to do with that whole dehydration thing you're talking about.


--------------------

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go on an overnight drunk, and in 10 days I'm going to set out to find the shark that ate my friend and destroy it. Anyone who wants to tag along is more than welcome.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Speed and Bass Guitar [Re: thekwazz]
    #9444364 -

My hands tend to tremble when I'm on adderall.

Can't play geetar for shit when I'm all sped up, too anxious.

A low dose of acid + guitar is where it's really at. :yesnod:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Speed and Bass Guitar [Re: wildchild68]
    #9444369 -

I can't play on psychs for some reason. I can play the fuck out of my acoustic when I'm high, and my bass when I'm drunk.


--------------------

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go on an overnight drunk, and in 10 days I'm going to set out to find the shark that ate my friend and destroy it. Anyone who wants to tag along is more than welcome.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Speed and Bass Guitar [Re: thekwazz]
    #9444407 -

Really?

I tried playing my drums the other week on a nice dose of mushies and I could definitely do it, but goddamn it was just so weird.:lol:

I think acid is perfect for playing music, though. It just flows out of me.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Speed and Bass Guitar [Re: circularvortex]
    #9444499 -

circularvortex said:
Things Adderall is useful for for me:

1)  Studying
2)  Playing video games (Halo + Adderall = OWNAGE)
3)  Playing instruments
4)  General recreational enjoyment
5)  I can smoke pot and still be productive

Downsides:

1)  I can't sleep for a LONG time after I take it
2)  I rarely eat while under its effects
3)  My armpits sweat a lot
4)  I smoke a butt load of cigarettes
5)  I find it tends to get me slightly dehydrated if I don't make a conscious effort to drink water (which I should go do right now, actually)




I take adderall almost daily for ADHD. The negatives are enough to make me not want to take it. I sweat like a motherfucker even at a low dose (shaking hands is awkward), I smoke like a fiend (trying to quit), and I don't eat... But that's a neutral thing because I've bad weight issues in the past. I also completely suck ass at writing papers when I'm on adderall.

Do you actually get some kind of recreational value out of it? It's not euphoric at all for me and I don't really see the recreational value. Honestly, I don't like the way it makes me feel but the alternatives that I tried are... worse. It does work quite well for concentration though. Just have to be careful not to get focused on a distraction... Like The Shroomery. :lol:

Edit: I also get very shaky on adderall, especially if I have caffeine in my system. That really sucks ass when I'm at work in the lab trying to work with my hands on a microscopic scale.

Edited by Gumby (12/16/08 03:43 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Speed and Bass Guitar [Re: circularvortex]
    #9444544 -

circularvortex said:
Yeesh, I took an Adderall today and have been drinking coffee to do some power studying.  My brain felt pretty fried, so I took about an hour off to browse the web and play some bass.

Speed and my bass just makes time fucking FLY!  I coulda sworn I sat down 10 minutes ago!

When my mind is flying a mile a minute playing an instrument is such a good outlet.  It's something to stay really focused on, and if you get a goal in mind it becomes really easy to figure out what you need to get that sound to come out of your instrument.

Things Adderall is useful for for me:

1)  Studying
2)  Playing video games (Halo + Adderall = OWNAGE)
3)  Playing instruments
4)  General recreational enjoyment
5)  I can smoke pot and still be productive

Downsides:

1)  I can't sleep for a LONG time after I take it
2)  I rarely eat while under its effects
3)  My armpits sweat a lot
4)  I smoke a butt load of cigarettes
5)  I find it tends to get me slightly dehydrated if I don't make a conscious effort to drink water (which I should go do right now, actually)

Baby I've been slapping this bass guitar fast and loose like some kinda delirious funky priest!



Oh gimme that funky milk!



Haha, I love the long Adderall posts.


--------------------
I don't use jelly.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Speed and Bass Guitar [Re: Gumby]
    #9445220 -

I definitely get "recreational" use out of it in the sense that I can have fun winning at recreational things haha. Billiards? In the bag. First person shooters? In the bag. I don't nec. enjoy it as a high or anything though.


--------------------

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go on an overnight drunk, and in 10 days I'm going to set out to find the shark that ate my friend and destroy it. Anyone who wants to tag along is more than welcome.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Speed and Bass Guitar [Re: Gumby]
    #9447211 -

I get recreational enjoyment out of it, but I don't take it very often.  It's not something I'd like to take every day.

I believe it releases dopamine, which is always nice.

Mostly, though, I use it for school when I have a big test or project or something that I've put off till the last minute.  I usually space out my doses so that I have a zero tolerance when I take it, so it just turns me into a study machine.

And ya, I do really well at games when I'm on it.  Video games are basically in the bag with some Adderall.  I had to do some public speaking on it for a class once (took Adderall to write the speech, then had to give the speech all jacked up) and that's not an experience I'd like to repeat.  It makes my voice kinda shaky and my throat and mouth real dry (probably because of how many cigs I smoke).

I'm glad that I have Adderall available to me for fairly cheap ($2 for 20mg name brand XR), but I'm glad that I use it for constructive purposes most of the time.  I don't wanna be a speed freak.


--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, federal, or fashion police laws. All posts are works of fiction.

For well you know that its a fool who plays it cool
By making his world a little colder.

Under closer inspection I realised it was a funky ball of tits from outer space.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Bass guitar
( 1 2 all )
PDU 4,302 32 09/12/03 10:36 PM
by Tasty_Smurf_House
* Learning Guitar
( 1 2 all )
ChopperDave 5,787 32 10/21/03 12:10 PM
by fireworks_god
* Bass Players i need advice. ixitwistedixi 1,099 7 11/10/05 01:29 PM
by ixitwistedixi
* Does anyone play electric bass? MorphMan 631 5 02/03/07 11:29 AM
by Shroomism
* Guitars?
( 1 2 all )
Sherman901 3,136 25 09/17/05 03:22 PM
by i_rage_against
* Bass Players
( 1 2 all )
AA2277 5,296 36 07/08/06 07:54 PM
by AA2277
* Guitars...ha Ed_Said_Dead 862 18 11/15/05 08:27 PM
by CaRnAgECaNdY
* Guitar+LSD=
( 1 2 all )
sui 5,732 20 02/02/06 03:00 PM
by ph30n1x

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,094 topic views. 10 members, 36 guests and 83 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.