Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Crest pup?
    #9435320 -

Does anyone have any pictures of what a crest (preferable of a pedro) looks like when it is newly forming?

I don't have a camera as of yet so I can't post a picture but,

On one of my SP's the base is very woody. There is cleary a regular pup just starting, with 7 ribs. But then, there are 4 - 4 1/2, whats the right term... single ribs lining the edge of where a previous cut was made.
  __________
/                        \
\(^)(^)(^)(^)&&_/


(^) = single rib with spine
&& = the seven rib pup
The rest is to show the growths position on the stock.
There is a 18" or so log growing from the stock also.
The single ribs are lined up, not forming a ball.
I hope badly it is a crest, they are so beautiful when they grow up. They remind me of an upside down drip candle. Very nice.


--------------------
We mean nothing we do not mean to do.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Crest pup? [Re: Ledd]
    #9435426 -

i've not heard of a regular pedro producing crested growth from a new pup but i guess it is possible...
considering that it is not very unusual for monstrose pups to pop from normal plants...

crested plants can produce normal limbs also, so why not the other way around.

pics, ok :tongue2:


--------------------
View My Gallery

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Crest pup? [Re: Dr. uarewotueat]
    #9435472 -

Ya I lost my camera on the way home from Burning Man while stopping in Chicago. I have a new one waiting for me for xmas. I'll be sure to bump this thread when I get it.

I have no experience with cacti really, excpet the couple pedros I have now. I guess it could straighten itself out, but i do hope its a crest!


--------------------
We mean nothing we do not mean to do.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Crest pup? [Re: Ledd]
    #9436876 -

yes it happens :smile:  you will know once you know :smile:

that diagram you showed has to be the drunkest attempt at explaining a crest i have ever seen lol!  but really, you can only know once it shows.  crests pup normal (better ones dont), and normal ones crest.  not always common, but thats most of the fun.


--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Crest pup? [Re: kadakuda]
    #9437383 -

Lol. Naw! Totally sober. I'll post pics once I get my camera.

What do you guys know about Trichocereus Poco, or "pick up sticks?" I saw them at the local nursery (along with myrtles that I snatched a 2 inch limb from [that was already broken off]) and was wondering if they are active. I went looking for an aesthetic cactus and noticed that specie. It looks too much like a pedro to buy for looks alone, but if it was active I would be interested. I must say golden barrels are amazing!


--------------------
We mean nothing we do not mean to do.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* found a crested pup today! Una 1,105 5 11/29/03 08:22 AM
by Anonymous
* Pupping FRENZY GreenMachine 963 8 09/15/09 03:48 PM
by fatso
* Cacti Crest orientation and growth shape Convergence 640 5 02/04/16 06:21 PM
by karode13
* I.D. a Pedro Crest. Ledd 2,128 17 05/02/11 03:08 AM
by karode13
* Trichocereus id and weird pup.
( 1 2 all )
inskiM 3,156 32 02/19/09 01:53 PM
by inski
* could be crest? need help plz Oh Yara 156 1 09/01/16 07:22 PM
by ferrel_human
* Trichocereus Growers Unite!
( 1 2 3 4 ... 1261 1262 )
ferrel_human 1,177,083 25,232 09/27/26 11:02 PM
by Generic
* Crested Loph Grafts. Dr. uarewotueat 1,487 13 02/01/09 10:08 AM
by Dr. uarewotueat

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: karode13, Mostly_Harmless, A.k.a
706 topic views. 0 members, 8 guests and 11 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.