Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
I.D. a Pedro Crest.
    #9450905 -

Can anyone Positively ID this as a San Pedro Crest? Its being sold as one on another website and I dont wanna get scammed.



Hey Doc. U, and Kada, if you guys could look at this I'd appreciate it.


--------------------
We mean nothing we do not mean to do.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I.D. a Pedro Crest. [Re: Ledd]
    #9450924 -

Looks like one to me but might as well have them verify too, my pedros have grey-ish aeroles like that


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I.D. a Pedro Crest. [Re: Cactusdan]
    #9450936 -

Ya it definitely looks like one but I want some pro eyes on it. They are expensive and I dun wann be played a foo'.


--------------------
We mean nothing we do not mean to do.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I.D. a Pedro Crest. [Re: Ledd]
    #9450979 -

i would say that it probably is a trichocereus but i can't tell for sure from that pic, sorry :shrug:

how much is it going for?


--------------------
View My Gallery

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I.D. a Pedro Crest. [Re: Dr. uarewotueat]
    #9450989 -

$20.00 including shipping, but the last one went over 30 bucks.

Edit - Its an auction.


--------------------
We mean nothing we do not mean to do.

Edited by Ledd (12/17/08 04:36 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I.D. a Pedro Crest. [Re: Ledd]
    #9451047 -

well that's not a bad price,
i don't know how "available" crested pachanoi's are in your part of the world but i imagine that you should be able to find a larger own root specimen for the higher end of the price range :yesnod:



--------------------
View My Gallery

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I.D. a Pedro Crest. [Re: Dr. uarewotueat]
    #9452343 -

I would hold out. Wait until you run across one that is larger and more symmetrical.

EG

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I.D. a Pedro Crest. [Re: ethnoguy]
    #9452799 -

I've only seen two and they have both been online auctions, they are not readily available. I think your right ethno, I'm gonna hold out.

Thats a beauty Doc.


--------------------
We mean nothing we do not mean to do.

Edited by Ledd (12/17/08 09:47 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I.D. a Pedro Crest. [Re: Ledd]
    #9453229 -

symmetry is easily done by grafting method :smile:  but when tehy grow they get all out of proportion (like a teenager).

in my opinion the only true way to find out what any crest REALLY is, is to get a normal pup form it, areole grafting works great for this as areole grafts from crests dont crest, they grow normal :smile:  of course, that doesn't help if you dont own the plant....


--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I.D. a Pedro Crest. [Re: kadakuda]
    #9453580 -

I saw a lot of beautiful San Pedro crests go through online auction site this past summer. I think you'd do better to wait. :wink:

EG

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I.D. a Pedro Crest. [Re: ethnoguy]
    #9454433 -

ethnoguy said:
I think you'd do better to wait. :wink:



:yesnod:

a better one will come up eventually, remember that it's the wrong time of year to be buying cacti really...
hold out until the spring and i bet you find a load more.


--------------------
View My Gallery

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I.D. a Pedro Crest. [Re: Dr. uarewotueat]
    #9456175 -

Ha my 32" just came today.

By the way, one of my pedros (two tips) is really softening up on me. It looks ok, but I can tell its losing mass when i touch it.

I watered it lightly and waited a day or two, and it stayed pretty much the same so I gave it a good watering and let it drain thoroughly. Now its getting worse.

Its inside getting heat around 60-65^f with 8-10 hours of weak winter sun. I have a larger one in another pot which seems to be fine, maybe just a little softer, but nothing obviously noticable. (Is chlorinated tap water ok to use?)

Any advice?


--------------------
We mean nothing we do not mean to do.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I.D. a Pedro Crest. [Re: Ledd]
    #9457050 -

if it's getting very soft, and watering is not helping, better take a look at the root zone and check that there is nothing bad going on down there.


--------------------
View My Gallery

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I.D. a Pedro Crest. [Re: Dr. uarewotueat]
    #9457276 -

Well I have done some reading. Maybe watering it is stopping it from going dormant and its stretching, or using its energy for something?

How would I check the root zone?

Its not very soft. Just softer than when I received it. Maybe its just adjusting to its new environment. It did get mailed from a zone 9 to New England in the winter across country. I'll wait and see but Im going to hold off on the watering for the rest of the winter.


--------------------
We mean nothing we do not mean to do.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I.D. a Pedro Crest. [Re: Ledd]
    #9467369 -

i would hold off watering man, unless it begins to look dehydrated over the winter, then just give it enough to plump it back up again.
the last time my trichs got any water was back in october when they got soaked by the rain, just before they were put into the garage for the winter.

just be patient if you have only just recieved it, give it a chance to adjust to its new home and let it gets its roots settled before you do or worry about anything :yesnod:

even if you recieve a bare rooted plant during the growing season, hold off watering for at least a week after potting it up, if not 2 weeks.

cacti are hardcore! the only thing that you would have to worry about is if it goes very soft and squishy, then you have problems.


--------------------
View My Gallery

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I.D. a Pedro Crest. [Re: Dr. uarewotueat]
    #9471825 -

The bigger of the two in that pot plumped up, and the smaller one is just staying the same. I think it will be alright. I'm sure it will grow just fine in the summer. Thanks.


--------------------
We mean nothing we do not mean to do.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I.D. a Pedro Crest. [Re: Ledd]
    #14386631 -

Help ?
San pedro?



--------------------
DMT Mescaline 2CI 2CB 2CC THC LSD LSA DOM Mushrooms DXM MDA MDMA Ayahuasca Methamphetamine Methylone MDPV Nitrous Datura 5meo-DMT

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I.D. a Pedro Crest. [Re: 4ACO-HAMeow]
    #14386760 -

It does appear so.

You should really make your own thread instead of posting in a 2 year old one. It's not against the rules but it is considered to be bad etiquette.

If you're having trouble finding how to post you can use the picture below as a guide. Go to the main page of the Ethnobotanical Garden and click on the post icon in the upper right hand side.




If you already knew this then I'm wasting pixels and you should of made your own thread.:smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* san pedro/p torch/juuls giant/golden torch/ peyote/some wierd plants in afoaf closet(pic's) royer 5,308 8 10/03/06 01:06 PM
by royer
* mutant san pedro preparation primal440 3,260 13 09/17/12 06:09 PM
by detest86
* Growing San Pedro Deaf 72,697 2 12/21/05 09:23 AM
by Deaf
* san pedro? pics* beavis190 1,719 13 05/17/06 04:45 PM
by stemmer
* Need help with San Pedro identification MasloMaslo 2,160 10 08/08/13 10:00 PM
by paulxtroy
* Cactus crests sublimistri 2,830 16 09/17/07 05:20 PM
by cpw1971
* My Pedro is starved for light Floydian 989 5 07/27/02 08:19 AM
by Floydian
* Pedro Pix & ??? Major_Buzz 1,334 9 08/14/02 08:23 AM
by Murple

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: karode13, Mostly_Harmless, A.k.a
2,128 topic views. 0 members, 3 guests and 20 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.