Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Buy Kava Tea   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelouco
Loc: Brazil
Best way to make tea
    #929123 - 10/03/02 05:00 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

What is the best way to make a mushroom tea (Psilocybe cubensis) without losing potency? I mean, heat temperature, time, shrooms/ml.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblematts
matts

Re: Best way to make tea [Re: louco]
    #930161 - 10/03/02 10:58 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Post deleted by Administrator

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Re: Best way to make tea [Re: matts]
    #930414 - 10/03/02 11:49 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

might it be better not to boil the water, but just keep it warm?  i've never made tea, and usually i don't want to because i have the idea that heat + drugs =  :frown: in most cases. 

i did find this link on making mushroom tea though from erowid.  it sounds like it's got some good plans, but what do i kno:
Simple Mushroom Tea
by Anonymous

Chop or crush mushrooms.

Use 1 cup of water per person and/or 1 cup of water per 5 grams.

Heat water to boiling, pour hot water over mushrooms.

Wait 5-10 minutes, strain water into drinking cup.

Pour a second amount of water over strained mushrooms.

Drink first infusion.

Strain second infusion into drinking cup and drink.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zam's Mushroom Elixir Recipe

I would say that mushroom tea is by far the least 'gross' way to go with mushrooms. (though to each their own for sure). I've played with various tea-admixtures and have recently been using:

Yogi Tea brand Licorice Tea
Much MUCH better than it sounds if you havent tried it. Extremely interesting / magical flavor. Highly recommended. Other brands of 'licorice spice' are ok.

Small amount of Fresh Ginger - (as a stomach helper).

A little squeeze of a fresh orange
Not too much. Adds a little acidity and a nice round flavor.

Sometimes Damiana
A very mildly stimulating herb that I find interesting by itself. Set your own admixture herbs according to your tastes and preferences.

I boil the water, pour it over the tea and let it sit until not mouth-burny, and then strain. You don't have to swallow the mushroom parts if they upset your stomach, a majority of the active ingredients of the mushrooms will be extracted into the water. The resulting tea has a very -magical- or -weird- flavor but is not at all like chewing mushrooms into paste in your mouth.

I personally find the idea of 'hiding' the mushrooms inside other edibles to be less than appealing because I often don't want much (or anything) in my stomach at the time.
anyone else?  what are your personal recipies?

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
Loc: Playa del Carmen
    #930416 - 10/03/02 11:50 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Chop or grind the shrooms. Add as much mushroom as you need for desired effects. Make sure they are completely covered in water and a little extra for evaporation. Simmer for 30 minutes, take off the heat, and steep for 15 more minutes with tea bags. Strain the liquid through a T shirt, cheesecloth, bandana, etc. Sweeten to taste and then drink.

--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

Re: Best way to make tea [Re: mickey_rourke]
    #933330 - 10/04/02 10:34 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I've only ever done the tea method, and it works out incredibly well. Usually my friend makes it not me, he chops the desired dose into little pieces, boils the water before we put the mushrooms in then turns it down to a light simmer before they go in. After about 5-10 minutes of simmering the mushrooms we'll add another kind of tea, for flavour and stomache soothing abilities, to the mix and let it simmer for another 10 or so. We then use a little tea filter thing so we don't get floaties in the cup and then drink up :laugh:

OfflineLOPHO.MP
looker

Loc: Santa Cruz CA.
    #934805 - 10/05/02 03:21 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Depends on how picky you are about what you put in your mouth...

I think I have a pretty strong stomach and I don't want to lose anything.
So, I heat up the water, chop the shrooms, put in some kind of tea, throw in the shrooms, let it sit a little...
Then I fuckin' chug the whole thing with all the pieces of shrooms and everything!!!! (some chewing required)

This method works for me!

I also prefer to use tea with out caffeine, I have not scientifically experimented with the differences but, still do it.
One of my personal favorites is Kava Kava tea. Boil up some kava, kava with the shrooms for that extra relaxed body feeling!!! Kava kava also comes in extracts.
You can also get sleeping teas, you know, that are supposed to help you sleep. These are good, but usually not strong enough, throw like three tea bags in per person and boil out every last drop! Some of these teas have good shit like hops, valerian(sp?) and passiflora etc. This shit does not make me sleep but makes my body feel Oh, so good!

Some time when I have time I am going to carefully and scientifically try shrooms in many different combinations with other herbs in tea. ( Purely in the name of science of course!Ha!Ha! )

I think hot tea on an empty stomach also helps you absorb things faster. You know the heat get all the blood flowing and stuff.

Man, just talking about this shit makes me want to start some fuckin tea up of my own!
For me tea is great, especially cause I'm sheisty, I don't want to waste anythig!

I lick the powder from my and my friends ziploc bags once we eat the shrooms!

--------------------
---Still Searching---

Offlinelouco
Loc: Brazil
Re: Best way to make tea [Re: LOPHO.MP]
    #936821 - 10/06/02 03:22 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

i think psilocibin is destroyed at high temperatures.
so, boiling the shrooms for too long may decrease the potency.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Buy Kava Tea   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract