Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: DXM

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineinennui
Stranger
Prozac and Shrooms?
    #933703 - 10/05/02 02:49 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Has anyone taken shrooms while on Prozac?

I do not wish to risk the dangers of bad chemical mixing and want to know if it has any dangerous reactions with fluxotine (the prozac active chemical).

E-mail me or respond here. Thank you for your time.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineArisEve
My Chronic

Loc: Use a GPS if ya wanna kno...
Re: Prozac and Shrooms? [Re: inennui]
    #934298 - 10/05/02 12:46 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I'm not a M.D. but mushies are 100percent natural and in my experience have never mixed bad with anything ive been on. But that doesnt mean they work with anything... I just havent found a bad mix. Happpy shroomin.

--------------------
Simple pleasures in life are only to momentarily distract you from the obviousness of lifes reality...

-ArisEve

InvisibleBuddha5254
addict
    #935688 - 10/06/02 01:25 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Are you an idiot? Just because it is natural doesnt mean it is safe you moron! I can eat plenty of things that are natural, but it sure as hell doesnt mean it is safe. All kinds of things can react in ways you never know about.For example, a person on MAOI's has to seriously watch what they eat and drink, because if they eat the wrong things, they die. As far as mixing shrooms and prozac, I wouldnt do it. You are on this drug because of a psychological problem, and eating mushrooms is not going to help. Just wait until things are better. But I have heard that you have to eat more shrooms while on prozac to achieve the desired effect, because of the way prozac affects your serotonin levels. I hope that helps

Offlineinennui
Stranger
Re: Prozac and Shrooms? [Re: Buddha5254]
    #936181 - 10/06/02 11:29 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Understood. I read some about the chemical reactions that take place, I simply did not know or desire to take unnecessary risk to have fluxotine negatively interact.

I understand shrooms would not be a solution to my psychological problems, if I did - I'd be addicted or dependent on them. Which I'm not, It's merely an optional experience I may or may not take part in again (already tried shrooms pre-medication).

I hope that clears up any doubts about that. Thanks for the responses. If someone who has been on prozac consistently for a while and has shroomed without any adverse effects, let me know, otherwise I'll understand silence or other responses that no one is quite sure and the risk will not be worth it :smile:

Offlinehenryp
Refugee from the Group W bench

#942370 - 10/08/02 11:15 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I know someone who has taken Prozac for a couple of years and trips fairly often. It doesn't seem to have any effects on her trips, good or bad....But remember, that doesn't mean her experience is similar to everyone else who takes both.

--------------------
"You do know how to whistle, don't you, Steve?  You just put your lips together and.....blow"

Offlinemr_minds_eye
Disposable Wage Whore
Male User Gallery
Loc: Samsara
Re: Prozac and Shrooms? [Re: henryp]
    #942786 - 10/08/02 02:06 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I was on Paxil for two weeks. Evil shit, anyways I took DXM while on it and had no adverse effects and that has MAOI propeties. It was probably a really bad idea but on the other hand I had a really good experiance. I know there are probably differences between Paxil and Prozak but they are in a similar boat.

--------------------
Our quest for discovery fuels our creativity in all fields, not just science. If we reached the end of the line, the human spirit would shrivel and die. But I don't think we will ever stand still: we shall increase in complexity, if not in depth, and shall always be the center on an expanding horizon of possibilities.
-Stephen Hawking

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: DXM

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience