Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!
I have not tripped that many times. I recently aquired some shrooms on sunday, was stoned and forgot to put them in the fridge. Today they had white mold on them. I scraped all of the mold off with a knife. Are they still good to eat, or will I get sick?
I'm pretty sure the "mold" is just the mushroom mycelium reverting to vegetative growth, like can happen on growing shrooms if the rH is too high. I've seen it happen many times on picked shrooms that were dried too slowly.
I think I have that "white mold" on some picked shrooms that are 1 and 2 days old. The weather has been extremely rainy and they are drying on a paper towel in the trunk of my car. I don't want to throw them out, but this white mold is common. There is just a little that I wiped off of several caps and stems and now they look normal. I'm still planning on drying them normally and eating them once I start back at school in 2 weeks. Anyone know anymore about this?... Sorry to bring back an old thread, but I searched...I guess better than starting a new one, lol