Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Post deleted by Moe Howard
    #922657 - 10/01/02 12:40 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSixCee
keep rolling
Male

Loc: US, Chicago
Re: poo question [Re: ]
    #922855 - 10/01/02 01:54 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Not if you leave it outside.  UV rays my friend, UV rays. :wink:

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-->The above statements may or not be true.
->Quote of the Moment :
"Yea. All bitches are whores who love sex." -Cubie
----> PMs checked daily.

OfflineTravelin man
Wonderer
Loc: Earth
Re: poo question [Re: SixCee]
    #923326 - 10/01/02 04:43 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Yes, leaving the poo in open air would allow bacteria and mold to contaminate the poo. UV rays do not stop bacteria and mold from growing. If that were the case, then shrooms would never grow in the wild!  :smirk: 

Invisiblematts
matts

[Re: Travelin man]
    #923352 - 10/01/02 04:53 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Edited by matts (10/01/02 04:54 PM)

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
Re: poo question [Re: matts]
    #924906 - 10/02/02 12:26 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Pasteurized poo will not contaminate within 7-10 days under most circumstances. By then it should be colonized enough for the antibiotics and defense mechanisms of the mycelium to protect it.

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
Loc: Playa del Carmen
Re: poo question [Re: matts]
    #925366 - 10/02/02 03:32 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Matts, molds are indeed fungi.

--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
Re: poo question [Re: mickey_rourke]
    #925388 - 10/02/02 03:37 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Contamination .................. hmmmmmmmmm basic definition is any unwanted organism, that acts as competion .
My question is what about spores from other fungi ? This is a contam when it comes to growing one specific species .
Just a thought ! :cool: :confused: :grin: 

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
Re: poo question [Re: tripndicular]
    #925392 - 10/02/02 03:40 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I consider anything that could hinder the growth of the mushroom you are cultivating a contaminant.

--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

Invisibletripndicular

#925441 - 10/02/02 03:53 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I do understand the theory behind putting outside , but it still leaves an ugly debate about ............ It does increase the chance of contams being put outside . Checks and balances .........checks and balances in the end hope for a balanced crop I spose . :crazy: 
I only mentioned spores for simplicity . I agree "ANYTHING" that hinders growth is a contam . :grin:

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Edited by tripndicular (10/02/02 03:55 PM)

Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
Re: poo question [Re: tripndicular]
    #925470 - 10/02/02 04:02 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Indoors and outdoors cannot be compared. Indoors, you have a better chance of controlling the environment and keeping contaminants away. The downside is that if contaminants do enter the equation, the environment is usually not going to hinder their growth. Outdoors, you don't have the control over the environment or exposure to contaminants, but you do have other factors which help to keep contamination in check with no effort from you. Understand?

--------------------

OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
    #925495 - 10/02/02 04:10 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Why not spawn outside in pans, and then fruit them indoors... ?
Sounds like you'd get the best of both worlds...

Invisibletripndicular

#925496 - 10/02/02 04:10 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I do understand . :cool: :grin: :grin: :tongue: :wink: 

--------------------

Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
Re: poo question [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #925500 - 10/02/02 04:12 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

In reply to:

Why not spawn outside in pans, and then fruit them indoors... ?

As soon as you bring the trays indoors, you're taking the existing contaminants (which at this point were not a problem) outside of a relatively hostile environment into one that is going to greatly support their growth.

--------------------

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #928364 - 10/03/02 11:35 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Regardless of what you do, if you pasteurize correctly then contams will not have a chance to overtake a bulk substrate within the time that your spawn should have already colonized it. Indoors, outdoors doesn't matter. That's the whole point of pasteurization is that it renders the substrate temporarily inhospitable to contamination. Only the massive numbers of mycelial cells in spawn, and the already colonized nutrition base that it provides is capable of ripping through a bulk substrate that quickly

--------------------

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Offlinehappygrins
addict

Loc: Shroomery
Re: poo question [Re: mycofile]
    #928380 - 10/03/02 11:46 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

>  Pasteurized poo will not contaminate within 7-10 days under most circumstances.

Ok.. so lets say a person is up to day 5 and colonization is only about 20 %.. The strain is  Argentina .. spawning to dung/straw..  should this person apply a casing layer to help protect  it from possible contamination since the 7 - 10 day period is approaching and theres still alot left to colonize?.  This casing has a saran wrap and foil cover on it..

thank you..

--happygrins :grin:

Edited by happygrins (10/03/02 11:48 AM)

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: poo question [Re: happygrins]
    #928805 - 10/03/02 02:45 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I say no way do you want to case it. The point of a casing isn't to protect substrate from contamination. Even if it were, then your risking contaminating the casing which is just as bad as contaminating the substrate.

Day 5 20% colonization is OK. Not great, but not a problem. That 20% of mycelium is releasing antibiotics like crazy, to further protect the substrate. Not to mention it's probably growing so fast that any piss ass little microscopic colony of mold isn't going to stand a chance. The mycelium will just eat it up, and you'll never know it was there at all.

If you are at 5 days and 20%, I wouldn't worry one bit. Next time I'd spawn a little more heavily, or do whatever to make it colonize faster (chop the straw, weight it down etc), but for now you just have to wait and see.

If you case it now, you will not get even casing colonization which means you won't get an even pin set. Screwing up your pin set can rob you of over 300% of the first 2 flushes.

I think you are fine....Assuming you aren't incubating it in a toilet or something.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate