Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
Re: quetions on pan cyans :)
    #92166 - 01/31/00 12:29 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Damn boo, no replies! I guess I'll try and help out.
substrate: must include/be either straw or manure.
casing: 50/50+ as long as you have either straw or manure in substrate. In fact the 50/50 casing over straw/manure would be better than casing using manure. when people say they cased with manure, that's not exactly what they are doing. They actually are spawning manure. Casings shouldn't supply much if any nutrition. They just overlook this detail and lay the manure as they would a casing. This seems to work for them, but I'd just colonize the manure then case it lightly with 50/50.
So, if you can't get manure (and don't want to mail order from the cultivation station $2.50 a pound) I'd say go straw with 50/50+ casing.
This is just what I know from my research, my experience with the pans is in it's infancy (agar) stage for now. Just don't like to see good questions go unanswered.
Good luck.

------------------
-From a registered Mad Scientist

"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obiwan Kenobi (also a Mad Scientist tm)

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCondi1
old hand
Re: quetions on pan cyans :) [Re: mycofile]
    #92168 - 01/31/00 12:55 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Can't reply wtih personal experience, but can recall reading and hearing of others exprience with wood based mediums. Esp. alder based mediums, but also straw based. Sorry couldn't be of much more help.
Peace

Anonymous

#92169 - 01/31/00 03:40 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Originally posted by boO:
anyways, i was wondering if those of u who have grown pan cyans could help me with a few questions. now exactly what substrate can you use?

Best substrate I have tried by far is 2 parts shredded fresh horse turds, 1 part fine vermiculite. Also have fruited them on pasturized straw and on whole rye and on cow shit and on moose shit. Straw is very contaminate prone and only about 1 culture in 6-8 will fruit on rye grain. Turds are the shit, especially if they come from horses.

i've seen on ryche hawk's site that u can use a grinded bird seed/vermiculite/brown rice flour/shredded straw substrate. but also pasteurized straw by itself. can rye grain be used? and can the straw be used in 1/2 pint jars for the substrate?

Straw isn't really nutritionally dense enough to use as a substrate in jars, you won't get much yield. Grain will work, but plan on many cultures refusing to fruit for each that does.

also, the casing...would 50/50 tek casing work with pan cyans...or would manure need to be used? it's hard for me to get manure since i live in central london and i can't lug a huge bag through the train :smile:

Most casing formulas work fine, that isn't critical. I have used straight fine vermiculite with success. 50/50 & 50/50+ also work fine.

anyways thanks in advance

cheers :biggrin:

[This message has been edited by Doktor Dung (edited January 31, 2000).]

Anonymous

#92170 - 01/31/00 05:57 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

If you realy need poop www.zoodoo.com had a 15 lb bucket for $15.95

------------------
"A compassionate
Jedi Master, he is
highly attuned to the
force. But he shuns
consensus and folloes
his own path, despite
the consequences."
From a Taco Bell cup
[img]http://www.animfactory.com/animgifs/misc/science2/beakerBgWHT.gif[/img]

InvisiblePrellgott
addict
    #92171 - 01/31/00 06:01 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Hey Dokror Dung how did you sterilize the horse shit/ verm mix? in jars with a pressure canner? innoculate with spawn or with syringe?
thanx

--------------------
i'm back

OfflineboO
Female User Gallery

#92172 - 01/31/00 07:30 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

thank you all for your help. i really appreciate it... :smile:

Neophyte, thanks for your help with refering me to www.zoodoo.com, but unfortuately, the shipping for just the 1lb. bucket to me in london is $70 :frown: i wish i can get the stuff here, but no stores sell zoodoo

as for substrate, i think i might use pasteurized straw or just rye grain itself. as for using horse dung if i go out to the countryside i might be able to get it...but unfortuately i'm stuck in the city :smile:

cheers

Offlinesean123
Stranger
    #92173 - 02/04/00 07:56 AM (24 years, 1 month ago)

hey boo i could get horse and or cow dung for you and i find i could send it to you for less then 70 bucks a lbs. :redface:) i will see

OfflineboO
Female User Gallery

#92174 - 02/03/00 10:57 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

thanks sean :smile:

are u kidding or...hehe

cheers

Offlinelares
    #92175 - 02/09/00 09:59 AM (24 years, 1 month ago)

Doing a little bit of reading, and as far as grain spawn, Spore Chicks recommend birdseed/rice substrate. Then use this to innoculate more grain, or innoculate manure/straw for fruiting. Everything I've read on Pan cyans indicates that a thin casing layer is absolutely necessary for fruiting.

--------------------
"The universe does a math equation that never even ever really is anywhere in it, and if it spouts out creation, we're on the tip of its tongue, and it asks us where we stand." -- Modest Mouse

Anonymous

#92176 - 02/09/00 11:35 AM (24 years, 1 month ago)

Have you tried the london zoo BoO?

burp

Anonymous

#92177 - 02/09/00 11:36 AM (24 years, 1 month ago)

Get some zoo do for boo.

LOL

:wink:

Sorry I am high I couldn't resist.

------------------
I burped and she turned purple.....

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder