Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Crazy Doctor.
    #9197037 -

Well I will be going to see a Crazy Doctor in a few hours.

Any got any good ideas to through the Doctor in a good Loop?

Any advice?

Maybe good perscribed some good meds? hhaha

this will be an adventure.


--------------------
"I Have Nothing to Prove; but Proof Itself"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Crazy Doctor. [Re: USD]
    #9197047 -

Just tell him you have anxiety in social situations, always gets the barbituates.


--------------------
:hanky:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Crazy Doctor. [Re: Prof. Astro]
    #9197052 -

I think they're more likely to try to give you an SSRI first.


--------------------
My name is Mud

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Crazy Doctor. [Re: DragonChaser]
    #9197058 -

They tried to put me on "abilify". Fuck that! I love my manic episodes!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Crazy Doctor. [Re: DragonChaser]
    #9197070 -

Can I suggest a different route?

Try being open and honest.

and also, a psychiatrist or a psychologist? If you're seeing a psychologist, don't count on getting any pills.


--------------------
Why shouldn't the truth be stranger than fiction?
Fiction, after all, has to make sense. -- Mark Twain

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Crazy Doctor. [Re: Kickle]
    #9197087 -

If I were open and honest about my REAL beliefs, thoughts, feelings and actions with a shrink theyd try to lock me in a padded cell. NO THANKS!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Crazy Doctor. [Re: MisterMuscaria]
    #9197100 -

I take it you haven't been honest with a shrink, then. How exactly do you know?


--------------------
Why shouldn't the truth be stranger than fiction?
Fiction, after all, has to make sense. -- Mark Twain

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Crazy Doctor. [Re: Kickle]
    #9197114 -

I believe I see demons, aliens implanted a device in my head, everything happens for a reason, people are spying on me, etc, etc, etc.

Its like stuff I know is completely irrational, yet I still believe it, I still hear it, I still see it, but others cant. I suppose Im afraid of getting persecuted for my crazy and irrational beliefs.

Edited by MisterMuscaria (11/06/08 06:01 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Crazy Doctor. [Re: Kickle]
    #9197130 -

Haha Alright guys, Well I'm going with a good friend of mine, I'm constantly finding myself having these "split personalities" and its not getting any better. Its getting to the point to where I cannot control it, but I'm doing it in such a manner, its almost like i'm being too smart for my own good, if anyone can relate? Also, I have lost intrest in past hobbies. I'm too paronoid of everything, even if I'm right about something, and I tell someone the truth, Its a long and complicated story, but i'm sure some people can relate. Its getting to the point where I question my life and taking LSD a year ago, that helped me to understand "time" and then reflecting it back to what I have now, just nothing but stress every day, its not a good think. I have a problem, and few can openly admit it, it was hard at first, now i'm seriously sick and tired of stressing every day and blowing up on people I really love for no reason.


--------------------
"I Have Nothing to Prove; but Proof Itself"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Crazy Doctor. [Re: MisterMuscaria]
    #9197134 -

There's quite a variety of therapists out there. I guarantee you could find someone who would simply listen if you wanted to.

And the whole padded cell thing is a pretty dated concept. You're more likely to get thrown on an anti-psychotic than anything. And then, it's your choice whether or not to take it.


--------------------
Why shouldn't the truth be stranger than fiction?
Fiction, after all, has to make sense. -- Mark Twain

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Crazy Doctor. [Re: MisterMuscaria]
    #9197141 -

MisterMuscaria said:
If I were open and honest about my REAL beliefs, thoughts, feelings and actions with a shrink theyd try to lock me in a padded cell. NO THANKS!




you seriously just made my day!

I totally understand what your saying man!:D


--------------------
"I Have Nothing to Prove; but Proof Itself"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Crazy Doctor. [Re: USD]
    #9197144 -

Don't hold back, this guy/girl isn't going to judge you and it'll make you feel much better.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Crazy Doctor. [Re: xbrandnewxsnowx]
    #9197156 -

If you are looking for adderall, here's something my doctor told me that might be useful. He said that he always looks for patients to tear the paper that's on those exam chairs. You know, the stuff they use to keep it sanitary? Just play with it a little like you're subconsciously distracted by it and make little tears all over.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Crazy Doctor. [Re: JT]
    #9197160 -

:ilold: maybe thats why they always try to put me on adderall, concerta, ritalin and crap like that. I hate those kinds of drugs.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Crazy Doctor. [Re: USD]
    #9197178 -

LSD really makes me crazy/sane

Just to be on the joking side, I swear to fucking GOD every time I take that shit, I see things that I would never see, but it is there. Like last time I took some was Tuesday :smile: and I saw 3 shooting stars that night.

Yes.

I haven't seen one in like 3 years, and I wasn't even looking at the stars that much, just for a total of 3 min. Then my cell phone always fucks with me, hard core. Then I start understanding "frequencys" and my "subconscience" has never left me ??? like I'm in a fucking dumb strugle with the damn thing, haha but I get to make fun of me for it. and the "mind over matter" bull shit, ya try getting into that on LSD and then it gets real fun.  Yup, I wasn't sure about the whole alien concept but now i'm a 1,000% beleiver.  ALSO, for the past 3 times to took LSD i have seen this same damn animal in the road while I was driving, I'm not for sure what its called but I have seen him only while I'm on LSD, so ya, I have a LSD animal Stalker guy, thats only a few things. I'm Crazy.  I can't wait to see what the doctor says :mushroom2:


--------------------
"I Have Nothing to Prove; but Proof Itself"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Crazy Doctor. [Re: MisterMuscaria]
    #9197190 -

MisterMuscaria said:
I believe I see demons, aliens implanted a device in my head, everything happens for a reason, people are spying on me, etc, etc, etc.

Its like stuff I know is completely irrational, yet I still believe it, I still hear it, I still see it, but others cant. I suppose Im afraid of getting persecuted for my crazy and irrational beliefs.




That I can completely understand. The reason I'm responding to this thread is because *I* feel persecuted for *my* beliefs. As a psych student, to hear the term "crazy doctor" is pretty degrading. An insult. To hear people trying to pull a quick one on someone who is only trying to help, also an insult.

I also feel I understand why it happens, why the stigmatization goes both ways. But I've yet to come across a practicing clinician who viewed people as anything but human. Average Joe, however, I've come across a few who are afraid of those who are different.

It's my own personal belief that if you want help, you should get it. If you refuse it, ok. But please don't try to cause unwarranted trouble for someone who is trying to help.


--------------------
Why shouldn't the truth be stranger than fiction?
Fiction, after all, has to make sense. -- Mark Twain

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Crazy Doctor. [Re: Kickle]
    #9197220 -

I dont see how Im causing trouble for anyone. Did I hurt you in some way?

I used to want to be a psychologist myself, before I realized that I didnt quite agree with the Freudian model and was a believer in Carl Jung instead. The community tends to for the mostpart reject the Jungian "collective consciousness" model. This is why I stopped going to the doctor. I believe we are all diffferent aspects of the same soul, and I love you all.
Im sorry, but I dont see how Im causing any unwarrented trouble.

Listen friend, possibly you can understand tha the fact that I agree with 97% of what the books define schizophrenia and schizaffective as scares the living daylights out of me! Perhaps its avoiding the truth, but I prefer to look at it under a different light, from the Jungian perspective which would suggest that Im just getting "overlap" from other parts of the consciousness web I am and we all are connected to. Yes, Id like to see it as overlap, not a serious mental condition.

Still though, from one moment to the next I seem like completely different people to anyone who isnt me, sometimes I do things that I DONT want to do, and the net moment I cant understand WHY I did that thing, or even how anyone could.

Edited by MisterMuscaria (11/06/08 06:23 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Crazy Doctor. [Re: Kickle]
    #9197230 -

Thanks Kickle, I get what your saying. I'm like 49% against going to a doctor, one is  becasue i'm a strong person that is againsnt the perscriptions and having to rely on a drug to maintain yourself, "we" have lived on this earth for 1,000 of years without the types of drugs that we think we "got" to have, but then again, I think I need something to keep me stable and not blow up and cause great stress and mental harm to people who really love me, so its real step to really go and confront myself. Haha so when the doctor says, "have you tooken any drugs in the last 30 or so odd days" (and i'm sure they will test) i getta tell em (yes, X a few weeks ago and Acid last Tuedsay Night) but I really do not have a addiction to any drugs, and I do know that, I just did that bc of a girl wanted to, and yes, I'm adicted to girls :smile:


--------------------
"I Have Nothing to Prove; but Proof Itself"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Crazy Doctor. [Re: MisterMuscaria]
    #9197237 -

no man i went to a psychologist last year around this time cause i thought i was going crazy and all we did was talk about jung sometimes

any fuckin idea i had, i would just say it and she totally understood. like actually understood. i don't know man it wasrelieving. i might go back sometime just to talk... its free for me anyways

you gotta to find a good one thats all...

Edited by today mylove (11/06/08 06:21 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Crazy Doctor. [Re: USD]
    #9197316 -

Thanks Mista and USD both for replying to me in kind

Mista, sorry about the misunderstanding, I was asking in general and somewhat towards the OP, that people not try to mess with medical practitioners. You wouldn't lie to a medical doctor, so why lie to psychologist/psychiatrist? I wasn't trying to direct it at you specifically, and I'm sorry if I insinuated you were causing harm.

Edit in response to your edit: I do understand that. I personally am more of a spiritual crisis mindset when it comes to schizophrenia. My Uncle is schizophrenic, and my Mother is adamant about the medical model. It makes open dialogue difficult. Yet I still have some innate drive that tells me the medical model doesn't explain everything. Humans are more than the sum of their parts. Gestalt principles come up quite often, yet that part seems to get left out... but I digress. There's multiple ways to look at everything, including your reaction to yourself, but I like what you're saying, and would never try to convince you otherwise. Thanks for sharing.

USD, thanks for taking the time to listen to me. I wish you the best of luck in whatever direction you decide to go. I too am strongly opposed to meds, and as a result will never touch psychiatry with a 10 foot pole. I do drugs, I've gone a little mad at times, but words have always been what I needed. It's shaped the direction of my life irreversibly, and I'm devoted to the power of words. Once again, I wish you the best of luck, and this board is a great place to get some unique opinions, so keep on posting!


--------------------
Why shouldn't the truth be stranger than fiction?
Fiction, after all, has to make sense. -- Mark Twain

Edited by Kickle (11/06/08 06:37 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* I think i might be schizophrenic
( 1 2 all )
DeadPhan 5,449 31 07/23/10 11:32 AM
by conan
* Does anyone have schizophrenia?
( 1 2 all )
Captain Loafy McPoopdick 2,921 26 08/26/05 09:41 AM
by fredyjenkins
* music, schizophrenia, and drugs fearfect 843 3 06/14/05 10:04 PM
by ToTheSummit
* that crazy psyhic on montel
( 1 2 all )
amyloid 1,324 22 11/25/04 04:35 PM
by Vvellum
* arrested/crazy Havent been here is a while...just checkin in orizon 1,628 10 06/26/04 09:08 PM
by onetime
* Childhood Schizophrenia treated with psychedelics Liquid_Dimension 406 3 01/08/06 04:55 PM
by Kerr
* Ever meet a crazy person?
( 1 2 all )
djd586 4,562 27 04/25/04 08:49 AM
by OldSpice
* Anyone else got a parent who's a psychologist/psychiatrist? OneMoreRobot3021 2,314 18 09/19/06 12:10 AM
by zorbman

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,332 topic views. 2 members, 5 guests and 56 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 18 queries.