Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

permanently stoned
    #910189 - 09/26/02 03:39 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

What's it called when after you stop taking drugs for a while and you feel stoned all of the time. I feel normal when I use my right brain less but then I get too involved in my head.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: permanently stoned [Re: ]
    #910191 - 09/26/02 03:40 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Should I go to a mental hospital? I'm quitting college now and I don't have anywhere else to go.

InvisibleDreaMaTrix
Shaman I am

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Falling into place
    #910213 - 09/26/02 03:50 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

WHy are you quitting college?

--------------------

"We are the one's we have been waiting for" - Hopi saying

Offlinekykeon
Dead wishes

Loc: A universe right next to ...
    #910216 - 09/26/02 03:51 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

wow, cool down.

i think you are stressed, thats all. cool down! :smile: 1st of all why are you quitting college? and how can you be stoned all the time, without any substances - thats irrational if you are on shrooms and wise things like that. so, what drugs have you been taking?

but most important of all, COOL DOWN. there is a greeeeeaaaat chance you are just getting paranoid not shizophrenic. if you are stoned all day, relax and enjoy life! :wink: there are many many people who would like this to save money! :smile: :smile:

Kykeon
athens, greece

--------------------
The living ghost of Kykeon

Edited by kykeon (09/26/02 03:52 PM)

Anonymous

Re: permanently stoned [Re: kykeon]
    #910260 - 09/26/02 04:10 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I am cooled down. I feel exactly like I do when I'm stoned. I'm starting to wonder why the more I got stoned the more normal I got as a person.

Why am I quitting college? There's a bunch of reasons.
1) I'm afraid of people in them
2) I'm afraid of classrooms
3) my parents are pretty much holding a gun to my head to make me go
4) I have no aspirations or motivation at all
5) I have no major, I don't think I'll ever have one.
6) I think this capitalistic country is evil and all this nonsense about conforming and joining the rat race is insane
7) I can't concentrate
8) I'm sick of school
9) I'm really lazy and I don't want to do any work
10) I've already dug myself into a big hole in the first few weeks and I don't see myself actively getting out.
11) I hate my classes and teachers
12) I am at an awful college
13) I need to get out of this house
14) I'm going crazy
15) classes make me really depressed

Alright.... what drugs did I take? weed and robitussin the most.

Anonymous

#910267 - 09/26/02 04:14 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Wait, you mean what drugs have I been taking recently? None. I'm "sober". I did my drugs like 6-9 months ago and I got stoned a dozen or two times over the summer.

Offlinespliffguru
guru of spliffs

#910282 - 09/26/02 04:26 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Maybe you mean the term 'permafry'?

I think you may be suffering from depression...maybe you should see a psych and get some prescription medication.

--------------------
There was a point to this message, but it has temporarily escaped the chronicler's mind

Anonymous

Re: permanently stoned [Re: spliffguru]
    #910289 - 09/26/02 04:28 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah. No matter what I'll need to be dependant on some sort of drug. I was hoping I could just get a jerk off job somewhere and a little apartment with some stoners and just have fun and get stoned all of the time. I don't care about becoming a lawyer or anything like that. I might be immature but I don't think I've ever grown up past the age of 13.

Offlinejuicemonkey
Stranger
Loc: BC
    #910351 - 09/26/02 05:09 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

People like you, are the reason society(well part of it) looks down on other drug users(even people who are smart about it). You make me sick. Get a life. Go get some medication for your depression.

I mainly talking about this....
"I was hoping I could just get a jerk off job somewhere and a little apartment with some stoners and just have fun and get stoned all of the time. I"

man...i do feel sorry for you. like, there's nothing i can do to help. kinda sucks. All i can say is go to rehab or go try out some depression medication

--------------------
I saw my mind do warp 10, hit the brakes, put it in reverse and back all over me

Edited by juicemonkey (09/26/02 05:34 PM)

Offlinehappycamper
fresh on thescene
    #910380 - 09/26/02 05:25 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

hey man I know exactly where you are coming from. I was forced into rehab by the court system last December and they told us the name of what you are going through is called but i can't exactly remember it. (something like post acute withdraw symptom) It can take up to 2 years sometimes for you to feel "normal" again depending on what kind of drugs and how much you did. I know a lot of you think this is bull shit but why don't you try taking a month off ALL drugs and see how "normal" you feel then. I had been sober for 8 months and just started smoking again and I can tell you that for those 8 months I felt "permafried". I can totally relate to you as far as thinking you need to go to a mental hospital. During my period of sobriety I got that feeling of being totally insane, detached from society, and unable to relate to anyone. I am currently starting as a freshman in college and I can agree with a lot of your reasons for quiting college.
If I had any advice for you it would be to check into a rehab because it will make you enjoy life a lot more. It really lets you take some time to figure out what you want to do with your life and shit like that. I know that before I went to rehab I was pretty miserable just getting fucked up all the time, and doing drugs I said i would never do and afterwards it was like I got a second chance at things. Also getting started on some anti-depressants would probably help your mood/attitude. And dude don't listen to assholes like juicemonkey. People like him who try to judge people for their drug problem just don't understand what having a drug problem is like. hope this will help. if you need to talk to someone just give me a p.m.
peace

--------------------
"If you want to improve be content to be thought foolish & stupid." -quote from some movie

Anonymous

Re: permanently stoned [Re: juicemonkey]
    #910491 - 09/26/02 06:38 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Rehab? What for? I'm not addicted to anything. I guess it's not your fault, I left out some details about my whole life. Although drugs made the problem worse, I was always fucked up in the head. What would you call someone that never looked other people in the eyes and wouldn't say a word at all? Someone that was always in their own world. Someone that never had a friend or matured socially. I'm a narccist and I probably could never love someone else. I just had a bad case of an anxiety disorder and a personality disorder, and then robitussin caused a period of a schizophrenia-like mental illness. I've suffered all of my life though and I need help. I need to get away from everything and relax. College is driving me crazy.

Offlinejoe666
The ReverendToke DBK
 User Gallery

Loc: Southern by grace of God
    #910881 - 09/26/02 09:16 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Get your shit together and go make something of yourself.

--------------------
"A politician is like a baby's diaper, it should be changed often and for the same reason"-Coy Turner Sr.

"what is a weed, a plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered"--Ralph Waldo Emerson

"I'm sippin Hennessy, riding on my muthafucking enemies" -Meek Mill.

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
    #910895 - 09/26/02 09:21 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I can understand why you want to drop out of college. I'm in my first year at University, and this semester I really haven't been bothered to do the work at all. I feel like I'm here for the wrong reasons. That I'm just lapping up the stuff they feed me. That I'm just trying to prove to other people that I can do something with my life. But I should be more concerned with what I personally want to do. And I don't want to be at University any longer. I'm not even sure what I was going to do after I had finished my 3 years.
Juicemonkey, that's a WEE bit too harsh man. Just because someone doesn't aspire to be a working class role model and earn lots of cash, doesn't mean they have no life. I personally don't want to work a job that sucks up all my personal time and has too many responsibilities that mean I have to worry about my job on the weekend. And he doesn't need rehab. Note how he said he hasn't smoked pretty much anything except a few times over the summer.
I don't think it's fair to insult someone for wanting to live life their own way. The working world isn't for everyone, and I know it's not for me, and that's going to make life harder for me, because I don't ever see myself earning lots of money and struggling. It's a better idea to stop wasting time at college if you really don't want to be there, because there's no point just spending a few years there and have it amount to nothing, where he could just go out and get a job now and sort his life out now.

OfflineMosby
Stranger
Male
Loc: Letterkenny Ireland
    #910999 - 09/26/02 10:05 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

From what you describe I would say you are suffering from general anxiety disorder< Some of the serotonin reuptake inhibitors can help greatly with this, paxil comes to mind as the most commonly prescribed.Also the general feeling of having no direction or being lazy from a feeling of hopelessness is common with anxiety disorders. I do not recommend trying to self medicate for this problem since if you are not addicted to a substance now you can very easily become so . It sounds as if you are thinking from the ego state and are acting on the feelings your self serving ego is sending you. Try and remember the ego is a spoiled child and does not serve your best interests. If you become a slave to it you will spend a lifetime chasing from thing to thing place to place always believing that happiness is just out of your grasp never finding real happiness or contentment.

Offlinedjamor
Stranger

Loc: rocky mountains
    #911162 - 09/26/02 11:21 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

did you take the red pill... or the blue pill?

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
    #911179 - 09/26/02 11:29 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

> what drugs did I take? weed and robitussin the most

its not the weed, sounds like u fuked ur head from DXM. and when u smoke weed, its gonna resurface the DXM memories.

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

Edited by pattern (09/26/02 11:31 PM)

Anonymous

Re: permanently stoned [Re: pattern]
    #911312 - 09/27/02 12:18 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

You guys have been helpful. I don't know if the DXM memories will surface again. I was highly sensitive to it and that stuff really put me under. I didn't even have recollections of the trip the day after, let alone months afterward. Hopefully that's all in the past. I've actually been pretty good about not getting addicted to anything, even though I think I'm in love with marijuana, but who isn't? But I could go the rest of my life without smoking again and be fine. I re-evaluated my drug use. I'll only use weed, shrooms and acid (just by chance if I ever come across it, I've never tried it but would love to) in moderation. But I'm taking a REALLY long break. I actually like being sober. After seeing the dark side, being normal is really easy and I can have fun without any worries.

Offlinejuicemonkey
Stranger
Loc: BC
Re: permanently stoned [Re: Sheepish]
    #911375 - 09/27/02 01:03 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I'm not like that either. I'm not going to university or college. I didn't say that because i think he should go make lots of cash and all that. maybe it's just the way iv'e been brought up but i thought it was TOTALLY wrong when i read 'i just wanna have a crappy job and have a small apartment and get stoned all the time"(not a direct quote). Like god.....theres more to life than that. I would love that too...i think many of us would...but that's just now the way things work. unfortunetly we can't just 'sit around a get stoned all the time' all our lives. well could...but in the long run...it's not worth it

--------------------
I saw my mind do warp 10, hit the brakes, put it in reverse and back all over me

Offlinepezbomb
exploding pez

Loc: Seattle, Washington
Re: permanently stoned [Re: Sheepish]
    #911452 - 09/27/02 02:12 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

www.crimethinc.com
check it out, bunch of crust punks with a plan! :grin: I feel the same way trippster, depression, feeling like i'm going insane, no perma-fry, though I have had periods of stoned feeling come over me after some heavy thinking. What works for me is to live by whim/chance/first idea in my head. Works fucken wonders. 

--------------------
-------
The golden age was the age when gold didn't reign.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale