Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Microscope

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineresin
Ghetto Monster
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ca$hville
Please help with Id
    #902233 - 09/23/02 07:16 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Ok on horse poo I found these mushrooms. Ive only really messed with cubes so I really have no clue as to what these could be. There about 2-3 inches tall. The stem is thick as a coffee straw and solid.The stem is white/tan and bruises a orangish caramel color and fades to a darker caramel.The cap has gills that are attached to the stem. The cap's are 1/2 an inch to a full inch across.The caps that were an inch were breaking and trying to stretch flat.The cap is white around the edge and then fades a tan color that slightly darkens as you reach the center of the cap.The cap is shaped like a half of an oval.The spore print is jet black.It has no veil Thanks guys and tell me if you need more info

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineGumbyM
Fishnologist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: BRICK CITY!
Trusted Identifier
Re: Please help with Id [Re: resin]
    #902283 - 09/23/02 07:35 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Do the caps turn to goo after a while?

Offlineresin
Ghetto Monster
Male User Gallery

Re: Please help with Id [Re: Gumby]
    #902406 - 09/23/02 08:18 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I found some dry ones that were not goo and I found some that were black goo with small white worms in them. I just found about 100 and some have 6 inch stems with a little larger than 1 inch caps that arenot broken. I read on here that if they have black prints and in shit then there pans. I 2wantr an id as soon as possible but I want to send off a print so someone can look under a microscope for me and tell me what they are.What should I print on so that you can do this?Any ideas?

Edited by resin (09/23/02 08:24 PM)

OfflineGumbyM
Fishnologist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: BRICK CITY!
Trusted Identifier
    #902518 - 09/23/02 08:51 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I'm thinking they may be Coprinus, they have black prints too.

Offlineresin
Ghetto Monster
Male User Gallery

Re: Please help with Id [Re: Gumby]
    #902589 - 09/23/02 09:24 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

The gills are whitish brown when young and then they turn a greyish color. Then they turn black when mature. The stems are thin and they bruise caramel then they turn black. The caps are grey/tan and the caps look shiny when they are fan dryed.The prints are jet black

Anonymous

#902598 - 09/23/02 09:26 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Offlineresin
Ghetto Monster
Male User Gallery

Re: Please help with Id [Re: ]
    #902792 - 09/23/02 10:35 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

ok.The cap is a golden tan color at the top and it then fades into white. The cap gets real shiny and pearly when I put it under a fan.Its shaped like the pointy half of a egg which I believe is called conic The mature mushies get lines in the cap and the cap will tear at the outer edges but it still retains its "conic (Egg shape)" The gills are a dark grey. They are close together and new gills start on the outer ring of the cap and intertwine with the other gills. They are 1/3 the size of the other gils. The stem Is about 1/2 cm thick at the largest base. It is solid but it turns hollow when dryed or cut. The stems have lines running up the stem and they bruise up these lines. The lines slightly twist at the base of the stem. When broken open the stem is a yellow/tan. The stems shrivel flat and brownish when dryed (the smaller ones. Ive only seen 1 large one do it). The largest stem was 1/2 cm thick and 5 inches long with a 1 1/2 inch cap.An average cap is about 1 inch and a 3 inch stem with a little less than 1/2 cm thick stem. jet black print I hope this helps!!

OfflineFatSean
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #906098 - 09/25/02 02:11 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I found a bunch of those the other day mixed in with some Pan Subbs (I think). I put them in my scanner, which wasn't working, that I was going to fix in the morning. When I woke up to fix the scanner and take some pics for ID, the non-subbs had turned to gelly and had some white worms (maggots?) crawling in the pile of ooze. I fucking flipped. I saw some of the worms were trying to get out of the pile, so I grabbed my torch and fried the little fuckers on the scanner. After they were all dead, I threw the scanner in the garbage along with a shitload of Subbs. Whatever kind of mushroom that was, I hate it. I want it to go extinct. Never again will I pick a mushroom that looks gelli-ish. Fucking bugs. I hate bugs...

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Microscope

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification