Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineI_Fart_Blue
Stranger

Loc: SItting on the Group W Be...
America
    #902201 - 09/23/02 07:04 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

This was posted on another board I frequent. I just wanted everyone's thoughts on it.

In reply to:

After hearing that the state of Florida changed its opinion and let a Muslim woman have her picture on her driver's license with her face covered, I believe this is even more appropriate. Read on, please! This is an editorial written by an American citizen, published in a Tampa newspaper. He did quite a job; didn't he?

IMMIGRANTS, NOT AMERICANS, MUST ADAPT. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Sept. 11, we have
experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Americans. However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the "politically correct" crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was offending others.

I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to America. Our population is almost entirely comprised of descendants of immigrants. However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand. This idea of America being a multicultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. As Americans, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle. This culture has been developed over centuries of struggles, trials, and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom.

We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, learn the language!

"In God We Trust" is our national motto. This is not some Christian, right wing, political slogan. We adopted this motto because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.

If Stars and Stripes offend you, or you don't like Uncle Sam, then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet. We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don't care how you did things where you came from. This is OUR COUNTRY, our land, and our lifestyle. Our First Amendment gives every citizen the right to express his opinion and we will allow you every opportunity to do so. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about our flag, our pledge, our national motto, or our way of life, I highly encourage you to take advantage of one other great American freedom, THE RIGHT TO LEAVE.

AMEN!!!

--------------------
"A study of the history of opinion is a necessary preliminary to the emancipation of the mind. I do not know which makes a man more conservative-to know nothing but the present, or nothing but the past." -John Maynard Keynes

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
Re: America [Re: I_Fart_Blue]
    #902225 - 09/23/02 07:12 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I agree with most of it...except the "In God we trust" rant. In my opinion, religion has no place in politics.

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
    #902229 - 09/23/02 07:13 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I_Fart_Blue writes:

After hearing that the state of Florida changed its opinion and let a Muslim woman have her picture on her driver's license with her face covered....

BWA HA HA HA HA HA!!

Holy crap! I had not heard this. Is this really true or is it just another one of those Urban Legends? If it's really true, it has to be one of the most hilarious things I've ever heard. I guess that means we'll all be allowed to partake freely of our religious sacraments from now on in Florida, right?

Three cheers for Political Correctness! Three cheers for multiculturalism!

pinky

--------------------

Edited by pinksharkmark (09/23/02 07:14 PM)

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: America [Re: Phred]
    #902723 - 09/23/02 10:07 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Sadly pinky, it's true.

Rono, you're gonna give me a heart attack. Perhaps you'd better sit down as well.

I agree with you. Religon has no place in politics.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisiblePGF
square

Loc: Malaysia
    #902848 - 09/23/02 10:57 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

All Americans can trace their heritage to an immigrant.

A simple study of history would reveal how hard each wave of immigrants has had it in this country. Asians were disciminated against, niggers were made our slaves, the Irish, germans and other caucasian immigrants were also treated very poorly throughout the last two hundred years.

Discimination against race, religion, or for ethnicity is ridiculous in these days. Most of us, by this century, should have acquired the education to know that being american does not necessarily mean being a white english speaking protestant. Whoever wrote that seems a good candidate for the KKK.

This non homogenized society is made us so great over the last two hundred years. I can not understand why anyone in their right mind would be upset because some person of different background chooses to speak another language and proactice their religion here in this, supposably free, society.

--------------------
***The Real Shroomery nigger

OfflineI_Fart_Blue
Stranger

Re: America [Re: PGF]
    #902908 - 09/23/02 11:21 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Well shit PGF, the first time, in well, forever, I thin I agree with something you said. Crazy.

Well thanks for all who replied, and feel free to reply more. This was a topic which was posted at an automobile site which I frequent and I found it somewhat offensive. Furthermore, people seemed to agree with this person, and all of the following posts were quite litterally, "Amen." Baaaaa Baaaa, go the sheep. I just felt I had to retaliate. I seemed to be the only one sadly with the exception of a Canadian friend of mine. Its always neat to see somebody elses point of view, thanks.

--------------------
"A study of the history of opinion is a necessary preliminary to the emancipation of the mind. I do not know which makes a man more conservative-to know nothing but the present, or nothing but the past." -John Maynard Keynes

InvisiblePGF
square

Loc: Malaysia
    #903089 - 09/24/02 12:11 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

shut up spick

--------------------
***The Real Shroomery nigger

Invisiblesir tripsalot
Administrator
 Arcade Champion: Skeleton Park, Space Hunter

#903181 - 09/24/02 12:44 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

He seemed pretty good up until the "in god we trust" shit. A country shouldn't be identified with a religion.

--------------------

"Little racoons and old possums 'n' stuff all live up in here. They've got to have a little place to sit." Bob Ross.

OfflineI_Fart_Blue
Stranger

Re: America [Re: PGF]
    #904284 - 09/24/02 12:52 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I'm not of hispanic origins, but thanks anyway. I am a Frog if you must know.

--------------------

Offlinehtownkid28
pimpin' ain'teasy

Loc: in hell! aahhh!!!!!
Re: America [Re: Phred]
    #907449 - 09/25/02 04:14 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

well, it doesn't surprise me that this happened in florida. i mean these people can't even figure out how to vote or even hold an election for that matter. why did they even bother having her take a picture if she's allowed to cover her face. i would have just told her, fine you don't have to have your picture taken without your face being covered. but, you just won't get the liscense.

--------------------
"in your pockets with red hot rockets!"

"I love it when a plan comes together!"

Edited by htownkid28 (09/25/02 04:14 PM)

InvisibleGabbaDj
BTH
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
Re: America [Re: htownkid28]
    #907461 - 09/25/02 04:21 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Shes got to have some sort of a picture ID... Its a MUST....

I agree that you dont need to have your picture on your license as long as you have a legel picture ID like passport or alien work card or something...

You cant get by without having a picture ID but as long as you have one, like on a passport then everything else is unnecissary.

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG          C8.com                    http://www.beatsopjefiets.com/   

Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
Loc: Amerika
    #908745 - 09/26/02 01:48 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

"We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, learn the language!"

Who is this we you are talking about. A shit load of Americans speak spanish. America does not have an official language so we can not mandate a language no matter how ethnocentric we might be.

"in god we trust" is bullshit. i dont trust in god along with millions of other americans. this motto does not apply and even if it did it is not constitutional.

"We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don't care how you did things where you came from."
spoken like a true american. i totally disagree. i think this country needs an enima. i am an american and i am disappointed in our culture. I am very interested in how other people across the world live. And no im not moving, except to canada maybe, if they legalize marijuana.

--------------------
ash dingy donker mo gollyhopper patty popiton rockstop bueno mayo riggedy jig bobber johnathan pattywhacker gogboob t-shirt monkey.

There is such emotion in the distortion.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion